Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving this game, finding the online slightly harder than CoD4 though tbh, anyone figured out the better guns yet? Atm i've been taking the SCAR and the M4A1, along with the second SMG i don't remember the name of.

SCAR is good, I put on scavenger with it though because you burn through ammo fast. Semtex seem better than frags.

Try and steal every care package you see, loads of people don't know how they work and just bring them in and leave them. I also advise everyone to use an AT4 in the second slot, unless its a sniper class, because not only can you take out killstreaks but its amazing at getting across map kills on maps like Highrise, and eliminating campers.

Brought in my care package on top of this guy on my team, killing him. This was in normal TDM. Pretty hilarious.

Haven't tried semtex yet, whats the difference?

I do steal every care package, both my own team and enemies. Pisses me off to hell though when im killed just after i've called it in and some noob steals it. I already took the AT4 as im an idiot and love to piss people off with RPGs and the like, same goes for this as I was in CoD4. I use it before I use my actual primary weapon though, i'm an overkill junky. :thumbsup:

Haha yeah I found that out too, it's funny to throw it right on a guy who is camping/sniping. Hillarious.

Another thing me and my friend have been doing is when one of us gets a care package, we trap somebody in a corner and lob the box onto him.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Love care packages. :wub: They give me loads of predator missiles. Fun shooting them through glass on a group and killing them. Samtex is the sticky grenade, right? I find it fun sticking it round a corner and watching people walk into it. :lol:

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Haha I had no idea the care packages could kill people. I've been using the FAMAS and the Tar mostly, and the MP5 on maps with more close encounters. Is the SCAR a good weapon? I'm not sure I've seen many people use it but I could be wrong.

Haha I had no idea the care packages could kill people. I've been using the FAMAS and the Tar mostly, and the MP5 on maps with more close encounters. Is the SCAR a good weapon? I'm not sure I've seen many people use it but I could be wrong.

I personally dont like it as much.

In my opion the FAMAS is better than the SCAR.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's not. SCAR seems much more effective btw. ;)

How long is singleplayer?

According to IGN the single player on normal difficulty is 4.5 hours long. <.< Hardened or Veteren ups it to about 9 hours long.

Hardened was a joke for the most part

I finished hardened in about 6 hours.

It's not. SCAR seems much more effective btw. ;)

You're both wrong. Akimbo MP-5's with extended Mags literally demolish the enemies. My best HQ game right now ranks at 75 and 24 (kills/deaths). Busted myself back into the top players for HQ already, although a lot of people have not gotten it yet. Just wait for the Christmas invasion. Its going to be horrible on MW2 and L4D2

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Is anyone else having problems getting into games on XBL? Its fine when I get into the games but its taking a while to find them. I was in a party with my friend and we couldn't find a game as a party.

Yeah occasionally, the servers seem a little iffy now and then every so often.

How is everyone enjoying the game?

Personally, I love it. The campaign was awesome, really well done towards the end.

Online is epic as well, the shotguns seem so powerful, yet I never see anyone use them. Personally, I use an SPAS-12 with almost any other gun. It works wonders.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

How is everyone enjoying the game?

Personally, I love it. The campaign was awesome, really well done towards the end.

Online is epic as well, the shotguns seem so powerful, yet I never see anyone use them. Personally, I use an SPAS-12 with almost any other gun. It works wonders.

Wait till you get the AA-12, son. That think spits out shotgun shells like a minigun.

Lovin' the online at the moment. Currently using a SCAR-H until I get a better gun. Not getting very good killstreaks, but I usually end up with at least 15 kills. Love stickying people from behind.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Judging by the low number of posts since release, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most of you are too busy playing to post.

Completely true. Also, a tip for all you guys. The first killstreak you should buy is Emergency Airdrop. Gives 4 random killstreak rewards, or 3 random killstreak rewards and some ammo.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Judging by the low number of posts since release, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that most of you are too busy playing to post.

Lol.

I would be playing, but i have more important things going on (although this game rack up pretty high on the importance list. But for now I have to lurk this thread.)

Is anyone else having problems getting into games on XBL? Its fine when I get into the games but its taking a while to find them. I was in a party with my friend and we couldn't find a game as a party.

Been finding games with my friends in parties just fine. :thumbup:

Perhaps a friends connection is screwing you guys up?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Completely true. Also, a tip for all you guys. The first killstreak you should buy is Emergency Airdrop. Gives 4 random killstreak rewards, or 3 random killstreak rewards and some ammo.

I use the UAV, Predator Missile, and attack helicopter.

I just ninja other people's care packages. :rolleyes:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I use the UAV, Predator Missile, and attack helicopter.

I just ninja other people's care packages. :rolleyes:

Saaammeee

There have been moments where I have been loving this game and absolutely hating it.

:?:

I didn't time to finish that lol. Playing online I either get wiped out or do great I never seem to have any in-between matches.

I'll hazard a guess as to why:

From what my friends have told me, due to the wide publicity of MW2, lost of first-time FPSers pre-ordered and bought it. The other people that preordered it are mostly hardcore gamers. If you yourself are "inbetween" you probably won't see many of those inbetween matches until after the Christmas rush, which is when many casual gamers will pick up the game.

That makes sense! I'm playing with the hardcore pros and the crappy fanboys! I play in FFA so I usually pick up 2nd-5th place depending on the map.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

There have been moments where I have been loving this game and absolutely hating it.

:?:

I didn't time to finish that lol. Playing online I either get wiped out or do great I never seem to have any in-between matches.

I'll hazard a guess as to why:

From what my friends have told me, due to the wide publicity of MW2, lost of first-time FPSers pre-ordered and bought it. The other people that preordered it are mostly hardcore gamers. If you yourself are "inbetween" you probably won't see many of those inbetween matches until after the Christmas rush, which is when many casual gamers will pick up the game.

The fun of being a hardcore vet of the Call of Duty series :lol:

All my games I'v blown people away.

So many people bought this game that Blockbuster had like 30 copies. I rented it, started playing, and before I knew WTF it was 9:30 and I was at the beginning of Act 3 :blink:

Turned it off at that point, gotta leave some for tomorrow.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I like throwing knives.

c:

Seriously though. I run around with a pistol, tactical knife, and throwing knife. I don't get many kills, but the ones I do get [bleep]ING RULE! Like in one game, I should have turned it into a tie. I threw a knife from like 30 yards away, it was going beautifully, then the dude shot me and won. AND THEN THE KNIFE KILLED HIM AHHHH. I still got a kill, and the score should have been tied, but [bleep] it. It was still cool. Everyone with voice was all "WHOOOOOOOOAAAAH!"

I like the UMP when I use an actual gun, though.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream