Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Eww, you play RuneScape?"

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

JustPokemon
[ Display Name History ]

JustPokemon

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
EDIT: Closed.

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
And the 1000th rant goes to ---

"Eww! You play runescape?"

When I started playing runescape, it was the kids I babysat for that introduced it to me.

I never told them I made an account... they were annoying problem children.

I never told anyone at my school I played, I figured nobody cared which video game. Plus, with everyone else addicted to Halo or Wow or the 100s of other games, why would they care which game I played.

Now that I'm in college, pretty much everyone knows that I play, and they even reminisce about their old accounts. I keep telling them they need to sign on, they need to check it out, its totally different, but rarely do they ever get on.

The one thing I thought this rant was going to be about is another player in runescape calling you a nerd for playing runescape. As if they have to prove something because they've got a life IRL. That sometimes annoys me, but then I've learned that if that's their only beef with you, they've run out of ideas.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Langerkiller
You are at an age where what the world thinks about you is pretty important. Once you get older, you realise that what you think about yourself is more important. If you don't want to project the image of a person playing RS, then lie about it. If you can live with what people think about you, then face the hate-storm and tell the truth.

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Davix12
[ Display Name History ]

Davix12

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • RSN:Davix120
  • Clan:SDS
If my friends ask if i'm still play runescape, I say yes.

I was the noob of my friends now i'm the higher 8-)
Posted Image
Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

josh181830
[ Display Name History ]

josh181830

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
I just say "yes", then their like "really?" and I say "yes" again.. no one can tell if I'm being sarcastic or not. :twisted:

jakerules208
[ Display Name History ]

jakerules208

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • RSN:jakerules209
I still play on a regular basis, but if any rs convorsation comes up and someone asks me I say I gave my pass to my stepbrother who lives in florida. And then I will try to change the topic a.s.a.p. not because i don't like the game but I am 16 and i don't want to be ridiculed untill I graduate for this.
Posted Image

stats

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Makoto D
Why do you let it bother you? So you play RS. So what? You're having fun with it, and that's all that matters. Whether or not they like the game is their opinion, but you should never let it bother you.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Nefelia
[ Display Name History ]

Nefelia

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • RSN:Lady Nefelia
Ah, to be young and insecure. :D

I'm with Langer on this one. I don't care all that much what people think of my hobbies. But then, I'm approaching 30 and have long since lost the insecurity of youth. :lol:

Bauke
[ Display Name History ]

Bauke

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • RSN:Quitter
  • Clan:True Maxed
Most of my friends think Runescape is for 12-14 year old kids. So they laugh at me. I'll just shrug and laugh with them.

s1reatalot
[ Display Name History ]

s1reatalot

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • RSN:s1r eatalot
"Eww, you really care?"
Posted Image

WoodenFruit
[ Display Name History ]

WoodenFruit

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • RSN:Darkwitchery
  • Clan:Sc, World60pengs
I'm 16, all of my friends know that I play Runescape they don't laugh sometimes they role their eyes if I have a huge fit because of an annoying noob. I don't generally talk about it because it's not a topic anyone can join into, I also don't tell people randomly that I play RS, but if they ask then ofcourse i'll say yes. You should never feel ashamed! :P

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

TheDayRsDied
[ Display Name History ]

TheDayRsDied

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 257 posts
I avoid talking about RS IRL, it's something I did as a teen that I never got out of the habit of doing. Or at least, that is the way I look at it. I really don't know what I would say about it. It would be very akward. It does get addictive at times, but it has never lead to any problems, or interfered with anything and I want it to stay that way. The people closest to me know that I play it, but they don't ask many questions, or talk about it, probably becasue they see it as just some game.
Posted Image
Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer
Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

pureprayer
[ Display Name History ]

pureprayer

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,968 posts
When people ask me if I play Runescape I just say I also play Halo 12 hours a day and everyone thinks im cool.

Iridium
[ Display Name History ]

Iridium

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 101 posts
This happens all the time to me, but it only does because when they did play, they more than likly

thought chicken feathers were worth more than all P-Hat prices put together.
What's Runescape?

Mighty
[ Display Name History ]

Mighty

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 19 posts
Well it happens sometimes... But they keep repeating the same question so it doesn't matter anymore what they think. Heh, once someone asked me just like that: "LOL! You play RS? :lol: " Then when no one was there he asked what's my str lvl :D

Anyway, i don't care!

soulless
[ Display Name History ]

soulless

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 40 posts
I don't know if this thing only happens in the USA or not because I live in Australia and no one cared or cares that I play Runescape. And I'm 23. Everyone around me just sees it as another game and as my choice to play it or not. One thing I have noticed is that it’s mainly WoW players that have a go at Runescape players for still playing. In reply to them I just say, what? You call me a geek for playing a cheap $5 a month MMORPG while you sit at home playing an MMORPG that you spend $15 a month on!? You call me a geek yet you pay $15 a month for just a game?

That normally shuts them up lol :thumbsup:

JustPokemon
[ Display Name History ]

JustPokemon

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 384 posts

Well it happens sometimes... But they keep repeating the same question so it doesn't matter anymore what they think. Heh, once someone asked me just like that: "LOL! You play RS? :lol: " Then when no one was there he asked what's my str lvl :D

Anyway, i don't care!

Yeah, everyone who asks me if I play RuneScape asks me about my combat level and if I have any 99s.... I just realized that now.

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Never really had anyone bother me about Rs, as no-one i know irl plays. In my eyes, it's just another game. If i wasn't playing this i'd be spending my spare time playing on some other game so it doesn't make a blind bit of difference really.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Cha0sx
[ Display Name History ]

Cha0sx

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Cha0sblader
I'm guessing cause RuneScape is just a grind game with minimal skill involved, mostly just your effort. A lot of people just think that's dumb and games should be on skill not time invested (especially the amount in RuneScape).

3hitm4g3u
[ Display Name History ]

3hitm4g3u

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,482 posts
I'm too secure/confident to really care what other people think.

A few people in my inner circle know I play runescape and every now and again it gets brought up. We laugh about it for 2 minutes or so and then move on.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users