Verac is the Best Set for Player Killing

RaScape

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it does...it doesnt say it does on runescape manuel but it does...i was pking with it and i hit a 25 when guy had melee protect on and i was hitting upper teens and 20s with it on too...it accutaly does go through prayer

That proves nothing, you could have hit those even if he wasn't praying.

If melee prayer cuts damage in half, and he hits a 20+ with verac, that does prove something. Unless his high hit is 40+, then it would prove nothing, but its not.

Personally, I've never had Verac hit through my prayer, and I've fought him about 1000 times now. lol. If a player can hit a player through prayer, meaning hitting full damage during protect-on, then I think its a bug.

I need a pic to prove anyone can hit full 20+ while opponent has pray on.

And if it IS so, then Verac in the crypt, or the set during p vs p has a bug.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Here is another senario... You are wearing you full verac and using your nooby prayer. And out of nowhere DI or RSD mage bank pk team comes up and you now have to try to escape, but wait you can only use one prayer at a time! So while you have protect from melee you're getting ice barraged, then you turn on mage and you're getting whiped. Oh my you're dead and you just lost 7.5M+.

i don't have my verac anymore,(sold it, bought whip) but the verac in barrows, doesn't hit through prayer, but pvp verac hits through prayer, it might be a bug, i dont think it is, but maybe, anyway my max hit with whip is 25, so no, i can't hit a 40, or a 50 for that matter, i made another post earlier that better explained it.

anyway i would love for someone to prove that verrac hits through prayer

easy way to do it, goto duel arena allow prayer on have a shot of a max hit with prayer off, then turn prayer on and this might take a few tries but wait for a max hit with it on. Im almost 100% positive it hits through prayer, i think its like 99.354333_%..:)

w4M8t.png

Dear Anarith,

Thanks for your message.

In a player vs player situation prayers are not as effective as if they were being used against a normal monster. This could lead to players to believe that weapons can hit through prayers when this is not the case. It is all just down to the prayers not being as good and will not protect you as much.

I hope this information is useful to you

Sincerely,

Mod Murdoch

RuneScape Customer Support

On 7th August 2005 you sent us the following:

This question has been floating around for a while, and I hope that an official response from Customer Support will squash the rumors.

Many players claim that Verac's special affect also hits through Prayer (and not just the armor that is listed in the Manual). Is this true?

Sorry to prove all of you wrong and all, but it's confirmed. Verac's special does not hit through Prayer.

hes right though...

i pk with veracs set n ice blitzes sometimes (i need to pot if i wana do barrages :oops: )

n it is really powerfull =\

only time i got in trouble was when a 99 ancient mager attacked me n i forgot my friggin bow (had arrows on me and a ranged pot and hide top but no bow :oops: )

i dont bring teles so he almost had me , i had life ring on cos i was outa recoil rings n that saved me :lol:

if hed killed me he wouldve gotten veracs set with flail , 200 bloods and full blue mystic set + dd (s) lol :(

the downside of verac's is that NOONE will attempt to fight you ...

anyone you attack just runs evry time and when u freeze them they tele right off

still , if you d use protect prayers and bring 2 pray pots it d be lame AND overpowered =\

sadly i've seen alot of people do that if they bring veracs

and verac's DOES hit through prayer...

how else do i hit 31s on people when they melee pray in widly :roll:

ill post some pics in a min...

edit : heres the pic u dumb non-believers...

27onpraywithverac1re.png

mrs ketchup is 105 cb with only 82 str...

here shes hitting a 27 on my melee prayer...

edit2 : u know what? i shud take this picoff again, cos this is gona end up just like with whip spec

first they deny it , then they change it saying it was a bug n never intended to (referring to whips old spec, i had friggin zezima whine to me on pm saying he knew alot of mods n they all said it didnt hit ur max or an 0 ...and that everyone who said it does is wrong n blabla...... arrogant know-it-all $ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâõ!*@)

so if it becomes common knowledge they ll probably "fix" it :roll:

ul also be frowned upon in the pking community and no1 will fight you.

So? The point is to wipe a guy out and take his stuff..who cares what other people think about you. Only lamos complain about dieng and starts talking bs about the guy that rightfully owned him...

lol... :roll:

i agree you shouldnt pray and look like a wuss.

Here is another senario... You are wearing you full verac and using your nooby prayer. And out of nowhere DI or RSD mage bank pk team comes up and you now have to try to escape, but wait you can only use one prayer at a time! So while you have protect from melee you're getting ice barraged, then you turn on mage and you're getting whiped. Oh my you're dead and you just lost 7.5M+.

Nice "senario" man... Who would be dumb enough to bring Ful verac in that area? Its gaurenteed(how ever you spell it..) ownage

most of the time they protect the plate :wink: and ive you are gonna pk solo at mage bank with veracs' you're gonna get killed.

how else do i hit 31s on people when they melee pray in widly

Verac's set does not negate Prayer as it does armor. For the last time: if you can hit 31 on an individual who is not praying, then you can hit 31 on him or her while they are praying.

I have 86 strength at the moment. I can hit 22-23s natural with a Whip. Therefore, when I duel (no prayer, no potions), I have the capability to hit anywhere from 0 to 23. If my opponent starts to pray, I still can hit anywhere from 0-23, only, the fact that he's praying makes it so that I cannot hit on him as often as I could before. The fact that people have hit high while wearing Full Verac only means that they got lucky when their opponent was praying. It does not mean anything else.

Protection prayers merely lower the chance of you hitting your opponent. They have no effect whatsoever on the damage that can be inflicted.

Verac's set does not negate Prayer as it does armor. For the last time: if you can hit 31 on an individual who is not praying, then you can hit 31 on him or her while they are praying.

I have 86 strength at the moment. I can hit 22-23s natural with a Whip. Therefore, when I duel (no prayer, no potions), I have the capability to hit anywhere from 0 to 23. If my opponent starts to pray, I still can hit anywhere from 0-23, only, the fact that he's praying makes it so that I cannot hit on him as often as I could before. The fact that people have hit high while wearing Full Verac only means that they got lucky when their opponent was praying. It does not mean anything else.

Protection prayers merely lower the chance of you hitting your opponent. They have no effect whatsoever on the damage that can be inflicted.

i still dont really agree with you there...prayer reduces the damage by like 30-40% or something i think, ive NEVER hit anywhere close to my max while the other person had prayer on.

but then again i could be wrong...its been a while since ive actually fought someone with protect prayer on long enough to know for sure

Picture This:

You are in the full set of Verac

You drank a Super attack, Super strength, and Super defense Potion...

You have prayer potions and you use Steel Skin, Ultimate Strength, Incredible Reflexes, and Protect from Melee.

So right now your really powerful...I'm a weak guy and I have just 76 strength..but when I was powered up like this, I was hitting 26's, and 25's regularly..it was hilarious. You must be thinking right now about how fast you are going to lose your prayer. Really, just bring 1 prayer potion and your good. The full set with Amulet of Glory gives a prayer bonus of 21. I killed the Kalphite Queen both forms, with the help of other players and only got brought down to 23 out of 59 prayer points without using a prayer potion, I had protect from melee and protect items on. The set also has the lowest negative attack (-23 with amulet of glory)bonus and 0 magic defense (cool huh?) so you still should be able to cast magic spells.

So..on to the scenerio:

You attack some skulled guy and you Teleport Block him(if you have 85 magic), so now he can't get away except for running...you also brought runes for Entangle (if you are 79 magic), so its less likely that your victim will get away. Now that your full prepared and the battle has started...the poor guy which is scared and surprised by now by the way("Why the hel did he bring full Verac..Im gonna get rubbed out...my whip:(") and with the Verac set special effect, you have a chance of hitting through armour and prayer. The guy can't run for now so he has no choice but to fight...but you have on Protect Melee. That means he can only give you half the damage hes capable of inflicting while you can hit him with all you got even though he is using Protect from Melee.-Is that cheap or what? Noticing how he can barely touch you and he is about to die, he runs away..only to get entangled and attacked again...This could take a while but he would run out of sharks soon enough and he eventually dies...Complimented with curses from the boned guy (you *ing prayer noob, that wasn't fair!!!omg...dam) you know get the loot and hopefully he had a whip:)...

Anyway this post was just to point out how great the full set of Verac is for pking. Sure...Guthan is nice for pking..but you know your not going to hit all the time..right? Besides sharks can save you just fine. But with Verac you don't need a lot of food since you will be using Prayer...plus the defense stats on Verac is greater than Rune armour...

*Any of you who post how its so expensive that its not worth bringing to the wild. Remember, you see high levels in the wild with a whip, so why not bring Full Verac? :)*

Well..post whatever comments you have on how good/bad Verac is for pking or any of your opinions.

ever considered these factors?

-1 mages will poon you with the cheapest spells (sara strike, entangle +tele block)

-2 if mages do poon you you lose a huge load of veracs armour

-3 its 2 hand weapon so if you chase sum1 into green drags ur pretty much dead

etc etc

ok shiva maybe you should pk a lil more often :lol:

protect prayers take off about 40 percent off ur max hit at least....

with old whip spec id spec 0 or 33s every single time on NO prayer

and on prayer id spec 0 or 19 EVERY SINGLE TIME , i wouldve hit 33s too then if i could still hit my max

ive also never hit high on prayer with normal weapons...

you can hit someone 10 000 times full potted with whip , and att n str praying , wana bet you wont hit over 24 once? (just a number might be 1 less or more so dont post a pic with a 24 saying im wrong cos u get the idea... u definately wont hit 30s)

yet with veracs set you hit tons of 24+s upto 33s? , hmmmm

im kinda sick of people who claim 'facts' from hearsay...

prayer reduces damage by 30-40 percent...

btw to get the pic of that 27 we only did ONE duel and she hit a few 24s too and i only needed about 8 sharks be4 she hit that 27

No you can't, prayer reduces damage by around 40% and reduces your chance to hit by around 50%. Go castle pking, where everyone prays 1 on 1, and you'll see that prayer does reduce damage done.

• 11 months later...

*Caution* Bumping Old Topic *Caution*

i guess the new hidden update solves this controversy....i still wish jagex would post all there hidden updates somewhere, like they used to.

w4M8t.png

Thank you n64, even though anyone with ANY experience at all with fighting the kalphite queen knows that the second form has melee protect. The only possible way to hit it in the second form is with Verac's or ranged/magic attacks.

youve obviously never pked before, thats all i can say to the person who made this topic.

This was made a year ago!

Anywho:

i guess the new hidden update solves this controversy....i still wish jagex would post all there hidden updates somewhere, like they used to.

Posting the updates would be nice :|

mathisfun.png

Please dont protect from melee unless your fighting a pjer.....

If you really wanted that whip he had you would SMITE. Dont pray from melee.

Oh, and entangle will splash A LOT if your magic attack bonus is 0.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

youve obviously never pked before, thats all i can say to the person who made this topic.

This was made a year ago!

Anywho:

Posting the updates would be nice :|

Jagex changed it so the verac npc in the barrows can now HIT THROUGH PRAYER

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

prayer noob.

Sheesh, you didn't know that praying was a part of combat? What if someone called you a food noob every time you ate food to heal...?

Btw, yes, Verac owns both scenes of the Kalphite Queen and PKing.

yea excellent point =D>