The Almighty Granite Mace

Cheefoo

If they made granite boots that are subpar to dragon boots, would they rise like crazy at first too? Man, the people who control all these prices are total dopes. That makes me feel a little uneasy...
There are Granite Boots- the Dwarf from Between a Rock... has a pair. :lol:

and weve all tried to buy them im sure. but really? why wouldnt a greedy dwarf take 9mill for his boots??? JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO ME :x

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

does the gmace have potential as a crush weapon?

waterfiends are weak to crush right? If so this+a dfs might be a very good set up

That's what I'm thinking. If it's fast, it could be a suitable alternative to a Saradomin Sword. I'm guessing it's not. :(

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I would say without even having been on the game in the past two weeks, that jagex did not add a completely useless wepon. they seem to have shied away from that sort of thing recently. like stated before im sure it has some combination of usefullness not yet fully understood. think ancient mace..not much use outside bandos protection right? and granite armor has good range deffence.. just saying...

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

does the gmace have potential as a crush weapon?

waterfiends are weak to crush right? If so this+a dfs might be a very good set up

That's what I'm thinking. If it's fast, it could be a suitable alternative to a Saradomin Sword. I'm guessing it's not. :(

Not nearly fast enough. It's mace speed, as you'd guess (5 bars), and that's 1 bar less than a Saradomin sword. Not to mention, it has about half the stats.

Maybe if it was twice as powerful, and twice as fast, it would be much better... :-k

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Because its new, and rare, and (subject to debate) it looks pretty cool.

OMG OMG OMG WHY IS RUNE G COST SO MUCH, OMG YEA, ITS CAUSE ITS HARDER TO GET THAN NORMAL RUNE AND LOOKS BETTER!!

Rare? People get 6+ of these per trip if they really want. The drop rate is VERY frequent.

The only use these serve is as the 2nd cheapest bandos protection in game. You could use bandos pool but some people are lazy (Bandos pool? ALL the way over THERE? :P ). Pool doesn't work for AFK'ing orks and the like either because you can't take it off. Yes it's limited use and you could use the ancient mace instead but remember, when your getting bandos KC, granite mace is ALOT better than ancient mace in stats - making for faster KC.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Ha, I knew they were horrible from the moment I saw them. Well, I went and got 3 of them as drops, sold one to kota for about 5k above trade price, and the other two for 650k of junk + the maces.

I kind of felt bad for the players offering all of their cash + items for the maces....I sold mine to a wanna-be merchant though, so no worries. :thumbsup:

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

Don't ask questions, profit while you can! :P

Personally, I've made over 3m with these. They actually are potent KO weapons if using maxed strength gear with very high stats.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Don't ask questions, profit while you can! :P

Personally, I've made over 3m with these. They actually are potent KO weapons if using maxed strength gear with very high stats.

As is G Maul, I don't see what granite mace has over maul in PvP other than a cheaper GE price :|

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

"Calm down"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

If they made granite boots that are subpar to dragon boots, would they rise like crazy at first too? Man, the people who control all these prices are total dopes. That makes me feel a little uneasy...

Feeling "uneasy" is why we want you to calm down. Yes, the hypothetical boots would rise like crazy.

Stop making a big deal ouf of nothing and wake up to how RS works.

This answers you. Theres nothing "wrong" with what is going on, and the people who sell for high are not "total dopes". It is a new item and people want it. If there was meant to be an accurate price stat-wise for all items then barrows items should sell for more than 3rd age. But, 3rd age is more...why? Because it is rarer and hard to obtain. The same as granite mace. There weren't many in the game for a few days, and the only people who can obtain them are those who are eager to do a quest that has no rewards.

And also...you know how you are asking "Is it any good, or what?". Well, some people ask themselves that same question, but instead of going to a forum and asking people, they buy the item themselves and try it. This creates demand.

Supply and demand. And the world continues to turn.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Lol. The g mace came out with the newest quest a few days ago. It's a drop from Bando's throne room. The enemies that drop it are pretty average in strength, plus it's pretty common to get more than 3 per run, and since the statues don't move until you touch them, you can use the other statues to block the larger enemies while you range/mage them quite safely, if you're too lazy to just smack them in the face.

The craze will die down in a few days, then they'll be useful for junking or alching.

Oh, and the spec is identical to the g maul, but for some reason it counts as a Bandos type equip because he happened to favor it.

What you want is Zanik's cbow, which for a pretty low leveled weapon hits pretty hard with the spec (plus balls of lightning are fun). The spec hits even harder on people wearing equips associated with a god, or if they're using a prayer other than protect ranged, so feel free to pull it out in the middle of a fight and give em a faceful of surprise, or use it to hit somebody (perhaps run afterwards) before you rush in to fight, because the range on the spec is farther then you'd think for a crossbow. As a weapon, it matches the addy cbow, but since you can use bone bolts (it can use other normal bolts up to addy too), it's also freaking cheap to maintain, so it's not bad for training at the ogre cages while you're not really paying attention.

8f14270694.jpg

I made several mill when leaf-bladed swords came out, but actually those are a hell of a lot more useful than this granite mace considering the sword's stab bonus. People just wet themselves over new stuff even if it's a pair of trimmed bronze claws dropped by a goblin.

rawr.png

Truthscape Lover

I made several mill when leaf-bladed swords came out, but actually those are a hell of a lot more useful than this granite mace considering the sword's stab bonus. People just wet themselves over new stuff even if it's a pair of trimmed bronze claws dropped by a goblin.
Leaf-bladed swords also act as a one handed replace meant for Leaf-bladed spears and can give slayers more choice for required monsters.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I would love to be able to join in on riding the wave... if someone were to offer me 500K for my granite mace, I'd sell it to them in a heartbeat.

My friend and I each had offers for 1M+ on our maces, but, sadly, we didn't have 1M worth of junk to trade away with it. :?

Oh well. I've decided just to keep mine, because it kinda looks cool. Reminds me of the Tower of Orthanc <3:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

The only thing it's good for is a bandos type item that isn't expensive and has some stats for KC at the GWD, and you don't want to/can't use the Bandos pool.

For this, the GE price is reasonable, and players will eventually pay for this amount. Because it's a new item, which the GE system frankly can't handle, players have a huge demand and a low supply so they'll pay a lot more for it. This is the case with most, if not all, new items. It's called HYPE.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well, as it is it's not a bad source of money even at the base price. It's a pity I don't have more junk to use, though.

I have to build up a bigger supply for when new stuff comes out for unreasonable prices.

8f14270694.jpg

Well, as it is it's not a bad source of money even at the base price. It's a pity I don't have more junk to use, though.

I have to build up a bigger supply for when new stuff comes out for unreasonable prices.

Good idea, now you're thinking like a true merchant, but you'll have to be quick off the mark.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Eh, I didn't even have to be quick, I went into town a day or so after the quest was released, and folks were clamoring to buy the ten maces I got just from one run in the bandos throne room. Pity I didn't have the junk to offload them for 10 mil.

Say what you want about Jagex, but I won't complain if they keep tossing us these freebies.

8f14270694.jpg

i think they nerfed the drop rate...

there was a server update and now im getting crap all.

This mornings update was to fix a problem where the game had stopped working on java 1.4.

There were no other changes.

Thanks

Andrew

QFC: 15-16-49-58556366

priest_wiz.png