The Seven Wonders of the RuneScape World

Zaaps1

In the history of Gielinor, countless monuments and structures have been created. These range from the huge and amazing (such as Priffdinias) to the blatantly normal (Farmer Fred's sheep pen). But each of these structures has a story and a purpose behind it. Now I ask you, what do you think at the 7 most "wonderous" structures? Which of all the buildings and monuments in RuneScape are the most impressive, historical, controversial, interesting, and awe-inspiring? Here's my list of 7, what are yours?

A few restrictions:

1) They cannot be natural landmasses. What I mean are no terrain features, such as Ice Mountain. They must not have been made by the forces of nature.

2) They cannot be divine-made. For example, the Tears of Guthix were made when Guthix cried over the God Wars. The Fist of Guthix is another example. If the gods made the monument DIRECTLY, then it is disqualified. However, structures such as temples are premitted, for example the Temple of Guthix. It was not made by Guthix himself, but by mortals. It was made to honor Guthix, but since it was not directly constructed by a god, it is not divine-made.

3) No speculated, but unrevealed areas. What I mean are places which people think will be released soon, but haven't actually come out yet. The Dragonkin Castle, for example, is not confirmed to be in-game yet. True, it may be Castle Drakan, and true, it may be in the Ancient Cavern. But Jagex hasn't coined anything "the Dragonkin Castle" yet, so it is also disqualified.

4) They must be in the RuneScape plane. Anything on a different dimension, such as the Starflower World, the Enchanted Valley, and the Abyss, is disqualified.

7: Keldagrim and Tunnels

These are a symbol of the working prowess of the Dwarves. A vast tunnel network connect their furthest colonies, one all the way in Falador, to their homeland all the way in the East. Also, the system of tunnels has been at least doubled since the Dwarves' partnership with the Dorgshuun, extending the tunnel network all the way to the Kalphite Lair in the desert far away. If building a working and reliable transport system across the width of the known world isn't impressive, what is?

6: The Desert Pyramids

No just any mass of brick, these pyramids show the might of the Desert Pantheon. The pyramids can bind powerful mahjarrat for eternity, and they can hold deadly magic, showing the power of the Pantheon. They hold countless treasures, showing the wealth of the Pantheon. The Desert gods themselves are veiled in mystery, just like the pyramids which represent them.

5: Ullek and Uzer

Once two of the most prosperous desert cities, both now lie in ruin-a mere echo of their former might. Both used to be bustling trade centers, filled with richs for all over the world. What happened to them is not clear, but the fall of Mortania and the God Wars certainly must have played a role. Now Uzer is abandoned except for a lone golem and a demonic cult, and Ullek is overrun by Scarabites which have expanding the tunnels of Ullek to Sophanem. Despite the fall from grace of both the cities, both cities still show signs of their former might. The Scarabite Temple and the vastness of the Ullek tunnels show the power Ullek had, while a rich demonic throne still sits in Uzer, waiting its king's return.

4: Underground Pass and the Temple of Light

How did this huge pass come to be? Obviously, it is a domain commanded by the followers of Zamorak. However, digging by the versatile dwarves have linking this pass to the Temple of Light. Both of these huge areas hold amazing powers. The Underground Pass is the story of a demigod we call Iban and his rise and fall from power. Insanity is the word to remember in the Pass, especially if you are an adventurer transgressing it. Chaos rules in the Pass, with traps everywhere you look and filled to the brim with Zamorak's minions, the Souless, Demons, huge Spiders, and a cult of monks.

The Temple of Light is also an ancient power corrupted. It was once a great temple and a monument to an unknown god. It held the power of light, and only masters of light could unlock the secret of the Temple. Now, however, it is overrun by Shadows and Dark Beasts. The Mourners are close to exposing it and potentially getting the secret for themselves. It is possible that the future of RuneScape may lie in this area.

3: Castle Drakan

Another story of a fall from grace. Once ruled by the Icyene and a benevolent queen, it was overrun by Drakan during the conquest of Mortania. Now it lies in shadow, with the Vampyres and Vyrewatch spreading terror not only in Meiryditch, but in the entire surrounding region. Lands as far as Varrock feel the pain and terror of Drakan. What's more is that the castle is believed to be the Dragonkin Castle, the Castle in which the ancient race-none other than the creators of Dragons themselves, used to reside. What's happened to them, no one can be sure, but Castle Drakan certainly qualifies itself as one of the most amazing monuments in Gielinor.

2: God Wars Dungeon

What's more to say? Slow but sure moves the might of the gods, and thousands of years after, the factions of the gods are still warring. From the small and insignificant Imp to the mighty Generals of the God's armies themselves, the God Wars Dungeon shows the chaos and calamity which ensued during the God Wars.

1: Priffdinias

The graceful elf city of crystal. It was once also a prosperous city, but now that is debatable. With dark elven factions on the rise in Tirawynn, the security of the crystal city is in jeopardy. The forces of Zamorak may slowly be able to gain influence in Seren's holy city, and the Wise Old Man himself also plans an infiltration. Doubtlessly, a great power and bountiful riches are in Priffdinias. In fear of attack, the elves have closed off their city, but from the outside (with the help of a Macaw), humans can see the towering crystal spires and the serenity which defines the crystal city.

So that's my list. What's yours? Why have you chose them? Which ones are the same?

Maybe with enough posts, we can conduct a master list of the greatest monuments in RuneScape. Then we could really have a list of the Seven Wonders of the RuneScape World.

I really like the look of the former Witchhaven chapel. It looked beatiful before high detail update. It still looks great, but not as great as before.

Otherwise i would say kinda the same as you exept i would put in Dorgesh-kaan in it.

Take off God Wars dungeon as it is merely a frozen battlefield with natural features not anything that could be defined as a structure.

Put in its place either Dorgashinkaan (sp.) or the temple of Guthix.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Take off God Wars dungeon as it is merely a frozen battlefield with natural features not anything that could be defined as a structure.

I think I remember a fountain in there. I may be wrong though.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

But if you look at it, there are fallen pillars and clearly defined rooms and infrastructure. That means that before it was a battleground, it was a temple or building of some sort. But during the God Wars, it was destroyed.

But if you look at it, there are fallen pillars and clearly defined rooms and infrastructure. That means that before it was a battleground, it was a temple or building of some sort. But during the God Wars, it was destroyed.

It used to be a temple yes, I think (but that's only my personal opinion) that it was some sort of Aviantese structure, but that's beside the point now. I agree with Trembrake that it's just a ruin now, and though it may have been beautiful once, now it's only rubble. I too think that Dorgesh-Kaan would be a suitable replacement.

I think I remember a fountain in there. I may be wrong though.

You're thinking of the geysers there I think.

EDIT: An important thing to note: Prifddinas is occupied by evil Elves, while the good ones are locked out!

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Grand Exchange. 'Nuff said.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

Yeah, I'd put Dorgesh-kaan in there, and the GE. The cave goblins invented electric light structures and bone engineering, so I'm just going to let them have that one. The GE is a really tall building, and thousands of people pass through daily to trade n' stuff.

Isn't Priffdinias made out of natural grown crystal trees? They're on the level of the Gnomish mega tree habitats.

I'm a bit iffy on Ullek and Uzer, since Ardougne is larger than them, and has had a lot of stuff happen to it too, plus it's still intact (not counting the west part).

If this is man-made only, I suggest changing it to "The Seven MAN-MADE Wonders of the RuneScape World".

8f14270694.jpg

The logout button should be one of the 7 Wonders. Few people ever see that. I know I haven't.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Tzhaar was naturally formed by crazy volcano people, who are all considered part of the volcano. Since they and the whole volcano are basically one being, it's more of a living organism that occurred through nature's power rather than a structure.

That being said, Baba Yaga's house would count since there's nothing natural about that.

Barrows could count, although since it's a series of not too fascinating tunnels (I'd be more worried about that crazy zombie brother chasing you) underneath a bunch of burial mounds, I don't find it too spectacular.

The Sanguinesti region is less of a wonder and more of a crime against human rights, so I'm not sure if that counts as a wonder.

8f14270694.jpg

The castle wars arena, built by one man, Lanthus, its a huge building and arena, dwarfs alot mentioned on that list in size, yet still stands, and didn't have a whole city of people to build. Definately a wonder imo.

The temple of light is another one, i don't even have to explain why for that.

I'd also say the mage arena is a wonder too.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It's worth noting that we do know what happened to Ullek and Uzer; Uzer was destroyed fighting off an attack from the demom Thammaron, and Ullek was ravaged by an assault by a Zamorak general: Balfrug Kreeyath, Despoiler of Ullek (It's in his name.) the same one that guards K'ril Tsutsaroth.

Still alive, still alive.

I would say:

The grand tree

Prfidinnas

Desert pyramids

Temple of light

Dorgesh kaan

The grand exchange

The warriors guild

elapid66.png

99 range 6.12.09 / quest cape 8.16.09 / 99 construction 2.17.10

What about the Champions Arena under the Champions Guild? It's kind of awesome.

There's also the White Knight's Castle.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.