Drop rates of Dlegs and Visage?

Ezkaton

Well it does make a little more sense now :)

BTW Kansberekening is something like Chance-calculation. Not 100% sure on that one but i know for sure what kansberekening means lol, its a word in my language too :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so with a .99 or 1% chance after 2 kills what about in 100 kills? 50% chance, 200 kills is 100% chance.

Its hard to explain you can ask compfreak about it.

it seems hard since you still dont want to understand it... anyway comp doesnt have to explain ty, got enough maths to be good enough in it...

also, after 200 kills (with a chance rate of 1/200) you got 64% chance of getting a visage (which is very high it seems so i will apologise to every1 for my wrong guess of 1/150, it will more likely be 1/500 or 1/600)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

Ok so with a .99 or 1% chance after 2 kills what about in 100 kills? 50% chance, 200 kills is 100% chance.

Its hard to explain you can ask compfreak about it.

it seems hard since you still dont want to understand it... anyway comp doesnt have to explain ty, got enough maths to be good enough in it...

also, after 200 kills (with a chance rate of 1/200) you got 64% chance of getting a visage (which is very high it seems so i will apologise to every1 for my wrong guess of 1/150, it will more likely be 1/500 or 1/600)

You better start changing those numbers to 1/10000 or prove it with REAL numbers, or compfreak with prove you wrong AND humiliate you.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

well if he really proves me wrong I can handle that. also I will have had a nice discussion :thumbsup: also since there are no exact numbers available i cant use them (well i dont have no real numbers anyway :P )

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

I don't understand why you guys are trying to even scratch the surface. The drop rate is near incalculable in a game where killing over 100,00 dragons is close to impossible. Guesses are fruitless in this situation, because data from a reference greater than one is unreliable and therefor false. That said, until someone one kills and logs each kill at any given point for over 100,000 dragons we will not know the drop rate. And even logging those kills would provide little to no evidence on the reliability and accuracy of the drop rate let alone evidence supporting the user's claims.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I don't understand why you guys are trying to even scratch the surface. The drop rate is near incalculable in a game where killing over 100,00 dragons is close to impossible. Guesses are fruitless in this situation, because data from a reference greater than one is unreliable and therefor false. That said, until someone one kills and logs each kill at any given point for over 100,000 dragons we will not know the drop rate. And even logging those kills would provide little to no evidence on the reliability and accuracy of the drop rate let alone evidence supporting the user's claims.

Its that its not 1/200 its more like 1/10000

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Its that its not 1/200 its more like 1/10000

But that cannot be determined. It's based on a wide assortment of references and user experience.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

its 1:24 am in the morning therefore i have little to no idea what the hell you just ment, but it sounds very smart, so i will have to go by that.

**wow i have alot of comma's in my sentencess. :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Lottery fallacy rules in this thread...

If you take the chance of visage as 1/10,000 (too high imo, but anyway) and let's say you've killed 100 Iron Dragons, there's a 0.99%* (better than the 0.1% you'd initially expect) chance you've gotten a Visage in those 100 kills. Let's take you've killed 500 dragons, You could think the odds are 5% now (500/10,000), but mathematics show your odds are now 4.9%. Take it higher, kill 2000 dragons, your mind'd think 20%, but you're only at 18%. And still: the chance of getting a Visage the next kill is still 0.1% (1/10,000). Seeing as the drops are independant of each other (and the rule of addition only applies to dependant calculations).

* ( 1-(9999/10,000)^100 )

Though, honestly, from what I've seen, the drop rate of a Draconic Visage should be more to the 1/1000. Don't underestimate this number (aka: OMG I KILLED 1.5K AND NO VISAGE!!!!) Because the chances of you having obtained the drop within those 1.5K kills is still only 77%, and you'll be probably be as unlucky the next drop as you were in your first.

Maybe it's even 1/500.

The drop rate on Dragon Legs and Skirts is, from hearsay, about 1/100. Give or take. Should still not be underestimated.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

its 1:24 am in the morning therefore i have little to no idea what the hell you just ment, but it sounds very smart, so i will have to go by that.

**wow i have alot of comma's in my sentencess. :)

Do you use Wikipedia (or rather, should you) on school/work assignments? Same concept except worse because no one checks to see if your data is correct or even looks correct.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

If you take the chance of visage as 1/10,000 (too high imo, but anyway) and let's say you've killed 100 Iron Dragons, there's a 0.99%* (better than the 0.1% you'd initially expect) chance you've gotten a Visage in those 100 kills. Let's take you've killed 500 dragons, You could think the odds are 5% now (500/10,000), but mathematics show your odds are now 4.9%. Take it higher, kill 2000 dragons, your mind'd think 20%, but you're only at 18%. And still: the chance of getting a Visage the next kill is still 0.1% (1/10,000). Seeing as the drops are independant of each other (and the rule of addition only applies to dependant calculations).

Though, honestly, from what I've seen, the drop rate of a Draconic Visage should be more to the 1/1000. Don't underestimate this number (aka: OMG I KILLED 1.5K AND NO VISAGE!!!!) Because the chances of you having obtained the drop within those 1.5K kills is still only 77%, and you'll be probably be as unlucky the next drop as you were in your first.

Maybe it's even 1/500.

The drop rate on Dragon Legs and Skirts is, from hearsay, about 1/100. Give or take. Should still not be underestimated.

finally some1 that proves me right(well not totally but ur the only1 that really accepts that 1/10k is way to high)

@laura: i know it impossible of getting exact numbers for the drop rates, only jagex will have those and i dont think theyll give them 2 us... but what im (we are) doing here is discussing about guesses we make while we kept in regard the prices(read randomness) and the amount you will have to kill to be (almost) 100% sure to get a visage.

Since that amount is ~3000 (when using 1/500 drop rate) i found this an acceptable drop rate.

There will always be pll who disagree and my numbers wont ever be totally right, but since the OP asked what the drop rate might be, i tried to give him a number which will probably be close to the real answer.

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

goals:

all skills 80+

Maybe it's even 1/500.

finally some1 that proves me right(well not totally but ur the only1 that really accepts that 1/10k is way to high)

@laura: i know it impossible of getting exact numbers for the drop rates, only jagex will have those and i dont think theyll give them 2 us... but what im (we are) doing here is discussing about guesses we make while we kept in regard the prices(read randomness) and the amount you will have to kill to be (almost) 100% sure to get a visage.

Since that amount is ~3000 (when using 1/500 drop rate) i found this an acceptable drop rate.

There will always be pll who disagree and my numbers wont ever be totally right, but since the OP asked what the drop rate might be, i tried to give him a number which will probably be close to the real answer.

Actually Unkn hasn't all he did was prove the Lottery Fallacy.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Well yeah, I can't. And I probably never will be able to know for sure, unless I somehow get access to Jagex HQ...

But 1/1000 is an pretty accurate guesstimate IMHO, from the people I've seen getting a Visage and the kills they made to get it.

Another reason of the overexageration of numbers is people's warped memory, they tend to claim they "killed over 2K+ Iron Dragons to get a Dragon drop". I doubt they'd even pass 500 if you actually counted them.

Funny note: This can also be applied to nostalgic memories. i.e. "Runescape/Tip.it/Generic forum #581 was way better in the past, everything was more cosy, everyone acted more mature and there were far less noobs". You often hear it from people who spend 3+ years on a forum. 9/10, they are wrong, they just recall the good stuff and the accompanied freshness everything had.[/notontopic]

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Well yeah, I can't. And I probably never will be able to know for sure, unless I somehow get access to Jagex HQ...

But 1/1000 is an pretty accurate guesstimate IMHO, from the people I've seen getting a Visage and the kills they made to get it.

Another reason of the overexageration of numbers is people's warped memory, they tend to claim they "killed over 2K+ Iron Dragons to get a Dragon drop". I doubt they'd even pass 500 if you actually counted them.

Funny note: This can also be applied to nostalgic memories. i.e. "Runescape/Tip.it/Generic forum #581 was way better in the past, everything was more cosy, everyone acted more mature and there were far less noobs". You often hear it from people who spend 3+ years on a forum. 9/10, they are wrong, they just recall the good stuff and the accompanied freshness everything had.[/notontopic]

Best guess anyone can give is "Extremely damning rare, *OMGWTFBBQ YOU GOT ONE*".

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

To quote from my post about ring of wealth and drop rates.

What I'm saying is the drop rate could be affected by the player, with each player having there own roulette wheel.

This would make sense to a degree if a player has had lots of rare drops in one session reduce the odds of getting another, if your on a slayer task slightly increase the odds, if the player has not been to the area before give slightly better odds and so on.

This extra variables would give players more of an incentive to vary there game play (helping Jagex tell the difference between real players and auto'ers as well) as well as stopping massive influx of one item due to sheer luck.

Think of it this way.

If you have 100 people buying 100 lottery tickets for the same lottery the chance of one of them win are as if 1 guy had brought 1000 tickets.

But if 100 people go out and buy 100 tickets to different lotteries then its not the same as 1 guy buying buying 1000 tickets in any one lottery.

I'm just saying even if you do get a decent number of figures the drop rates could be affected by more then luck and RoW.

Pretty much sums up my opinion on rare drop rates and drop rate in general.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Maybe it's even 1/500.

The initial droprate you posted was 1/150, which is obviously wrong (whips are about 1/450, and people have actually logged enough kills to accurately conclude that). That droprate was just way off, and that's why people started arguing with you.

For the people who still don't get it even after unkwnwarrior's post; 1/2000 drop rate just means that you have a 1/2000 chance to get a drop every kill, not that you will have gotten one after 2000 kills.

2dvjurb.png

The initial droprate you posted was 1/150, which is obviously wrong (whips are about 1/450, and people have actually logged enough kills to accurately conclude that). That droprate was just way off, and that's why people started arguing with you.

For the people who still don't get it even after unkwnwarrior's post; 1/2000 drop rate just means that you have a 1/2000 chance to get a drop every kill, not that you will have gotten one after 2000 kills.

Ya but either way i believe luck has some things to do with it. I know people that can get 1k+ abbys demons and not get a whip, while i got 3 in 183 on my last task of them, and 8 all together since 85 slayer. As for the visage thing i've gotten one of those and idk, i've slayed somewhere between 1k-2k irons and never got a d skirt or leg drop.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Ya but either way i believe luck has some things to do with it. I know people that can get 1k+ abbys demons and not get a whip, while i got 3 in 183 on my last task of them, and 8 all together since 85 slayer. As for the visage thing i've gotten one of those and idk, i've slayed somewhere between 1k-2k irons and never got a d skirt or leg drop.

Nah, what you call luck is just the 1/something chance occurring after less kills than you would expect.

2dvjurb.png

Nah, what you call luck is just the 1/something chance occurring after less kills than you would expect.

Ya i know, there no such thing as luck in a programmed game, but still, I got something going for me lol

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

pretty sure there was a tip.it times that was about luck :wall:

it said you flip a coin 50 times it lands on heads 49 times what is the chance it will land on heads again

its still 1/2 odds

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

It is unnecessary to know the drop rate anyway, so why bother?

What? Drop rate is everything. It tells you how much money you will make per hour, or whether or not you will profit.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: