Cooking: Skill or something people do when they are bored?

Sheep Tails

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, the only reason I am cooking is because I had 40K monkfish in the bank from when I reached level 99.

I needed a way to trim my fishing cape and the answer was sitting right there.

I think cooking is really boring though, I would much rather be doing something else.

iamgodzc1.png <<< Click for 99 Fishing Blog!!

Dragon drops: 1 D Med 1/16/06

2 D chains from Dustys 3/18/07 & 4/28/07

2 Guth Spears: 3/5/08 & 6/12/08

Personally, the only reason I am cooking is because I had 40K monkfish in the bank from when I reached level 99.

I needed a way to trim my fishing cape and the answer was sitting right there.

I think cooking is really boring though, I would much rather be doing something else.

Then do something else. its that simple @@

Stat Spy is a lunar spell.

Anyway, none of the skills in RS involve "skill." When you train, all you're doing is clicking over and over again. The only things in Runescape that require skill are high-risk situations that are involving and require you knowing what you're doing.

Anyway, cooking isn't as boring as other stats because you can AFK. It's great for raising your total. The cape isn't that bad either.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Well, all the other noobs who have gotten 99 cooking just for the skill cape, have taken the respect away from the cape. I feel sorry for the very few like you, who did it because they actually liked it.

I personally don't like cookin because it doesn't pose any challenge. When I am playing a game I want to do something, not just click "make x" and wait 2 minutes. I'm not planning to get 99 cooking ever.

Well, all the other noobs who have gotten 99 cooking just for the skill cape, have taken the respect away from the cape. I feel sorry for the very few like you, who did it because they actually liked it.

I personally don't like cookin because it doesn't pose any challenge. When I am playing a game I want to do something, not just click "make x" and wait 2 minutes. I'm not planning to get 99 cooking ever.

and thats why i made it a chalange. my chalange is to get from 91-99 in 3 days. it is up to the player as to whether they want to make it chalanging or not.

Y_Z.png

Runescape is something people do when they're bored. Training a skill usually isn't fun so I'd say it's both really =/ I don't consider any skill 'nooby' except strength since that's the one EVERY noob goes for 'cuz it's l33t' and you can 'pwn' someone with it. Cooking is a decent skill.

I went for 99 str because it would help me with the other combat skills :( and so I could use my whip nonstop.

I only ever really train cooking alongside fishing, when I feel I need sharks or monkfish. Which isn't even all that often since more often than not those sharks go into bunyip pouches :)

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Personally, I am quite offended when someone uses "Stat Spy" (How do you use it anyway?) and calls out to me saying " U noob cooking is for noobies so u noobie" (especially when I'm much more advanced in the game than them!)

Apparently you aren't more advanced if they are using stat spy and you don't know how to use it.

I do agree somewhat with your assessment though, cooking may be one of the easiest 99's to get but it still takes time and cash. I personally only cook what I catch and I haven't bothered with fishing set so no 99 cook for me.

I don't cook any more. I attained 99 cooking as a by-product of cooking all my fish when I got 99 fishing.

As a result the only thing I bother cooking anymore are high level foods and pies. I still do a lot of fishing but I either trade raw for cooked to Suzi (within trade limits) or I sell it on the Grand Exchange and buy the cooked stuff for cheaper. So for every 100 monkfish I catch I actually get 118 cooked ones back. This saves me both time fishing as well as cooking what I need.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i am currently cooking for the sense of personaly achievement it brings when you get a 99.

That's the feeling of tremendous shame. Weird how easily 99 Cookers can get the two feelings confused.

Too bad you're horrible at RS and can't get any non combats. Balance your skills out then come and talk. You're what? 135 combat with 3 skills in the 50s...

Oh please, you're the one who should feel tremendous shame.

Wow, you're the RS god for sure. I mean, your only non combat 99 is one you bought instead of actually training it the way it was intended. Unless I'm mistaken and leveling all your skills to some arbitrary number ilke 70 means that you reached the true pinnacle of Runescape. My bad...

your only non combat 99 is one you bought instead of actually training it the way it was intended.

Just pointing out that buying raw food and cooking it, is training the skill in a way it was intended. There is not a specific way to train a skill. RS is a role playing game, whatever fits your gameplay is only good for you. Everyone else is free to do what the hell they want (getting a skillcape through a buyable skill or getting 99 str killing chickens).

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

i like cooking, but mainly cause ive never bought anything to level it. its also very relaxing to me and something to kill time between farming runs ::'

I like cooking because FoodIsGood.

Sorry. Had to.

Cooking is a nooby skill yes, but as far as roleplay goes it's fun. And rewarding.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

i like cooking, but mainly cause ive never bought anything to level it. its also very relaxing to me and something to kill time between farming runs ::'

I like cooking because FoodIsGood.

Sorry. Had to.

Cooking is a nooby skill yes, but as far as roleplay goes it's fun. And rewarding.

i love you <3:

and dont be sorry, its all good

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.

thanks for that *ahem* correction, but if you havn't noticed I'm sort of new to these forums..and also, has anyone else complained about the title?No. So if you don't like it, don't post on it!

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

That's the best you can come up with? Don't like it so don't post?

I don't care if you hate me, but if you want your topic to be taken more seriously, I suggest you change your title to something reasonable.

Oh, and just because no one has posted anything negative about your title yet doesn't mean they don't like it either. Most people thought Einstein's theories were pretty stupid until others showed support...

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

....So, let me get this straight, you're expecting me to change the title because you and *possibly* someone else doesn't like it? I'm surprised you even bother posting EVER, because then you must hate half of TIF. Also, sooooory, but I write that kind of title BECAUSE it gets people to notice the topic. One other thing I just noticed: Who else here thinks the question is absurd? Just answer.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

I'm currently almost 300k xp away from my first cape-fishing. Despite some friends advising against it, I intend to cook some of those monkfish (I'm 89 cooking) so I can have the fishing cape trimmed. However I have always loved the cooking skill. I get a lot of satisfaction out of fishing, cooking the catch, and then using the food for combat. In real life I have always enjoyed fishing and cooking the catch afterwords-although sans the combat!

....So, let me get this straight, you're expecting me to change the title because you and *possibly* someone else doesn't like it? I'm surprised you even bother posting EVER, because then you must hate half of TIF. Also, sooooory, but I write that kind of title BECAUSE it gets people to notice the topic. One other thing I just noticed: Who else here thinks the question is absurd? Just answer.

I'm fairly certain he's not being mean, he's just trying to help you. Fairly certain.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

hehe, liek that idea, but if he was just trying to be nice, he wouldn't be complaining about the title saying how much he hates tha kind of title, he would be saying something like: "You shouldn't ask a question in your title". Also, he called the question absurd..

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

Before skill capes were released I don't think I can ever recall many people buying masses of raws. In fact I think raws might have been cheaper in like 2005. Personally the only time I have trained cooking is when I had 65 cooking and needed 70 to do RFD. Ever since then I've never bought, or sold raws. I just cook whatever I fish and use it for training.

Same with fletching really. Nobody could be bothered getting 99. People just fletched so they could high alch.

AS if recent i've got a bit bored of runescape, and as i have exams coming up in six weeks or so (I love GCSEs...) runescape does get a lot of time in my life. However I decided to liquidate all my stuff, and spend all the money on logs for 99 firemaking. Training firemaking means that I can log on for like 10mins, get 5 invens of logs burnt and log off and go do something else. It gives more direction to my gaming, and I'm sure 99 cooking works much the same way, but with lots less clicking.... ::'

Cheap_Mark.png

Cheap Mark - Going for 1050 Total