How could life be better?

Zierro

Is that a non sequitur? That our lives would be better if we didn't exist?

You guys are pessimistic.

I don't get it either. Yeah, it's witty but it doesn't make sense. That's like saying the best flavor of ice cream is nothing.

If it's the animals they are talking about then I agree to an extent. Animals wouldn't have to suffer from human abuse but humans do good things for animals too. For example, dogs would probably be pretty lonely and bored creatures if they didn't have people to play with.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more famine ANYWHERE in the world.

So the population [bleep]es even more and overpopulation becomes a bigger issue than it already is? The same goes for ending disease and war. These things are necessary.

Well I could see the positive side to them being here, but now that I think about it, that would mean humans are giving up in the struggle against nature.

So the population [bleep]es even more and overpopulation becomes a bigger issue than it already is? The same goes for ending disease and war. These things are necessary.

Well I could see the positive side to them being here, but now that I think about it, that would mean humans are giving up in the struggle against nature.

Things like war brings variety into life....

Now I want WW3 to start so I can join the army :(

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Is that a non sequitur? That our lives would be better if we didn't exist?

You guys are pessimistic.

I don't get it either. Yeah, it's witty but it doesn't make sense. That's like saying the best flavor of ice cream is nothing.

If it's the animals they are talking about then I agree to an extent. Animals wouldn't have to suffer from human abuse but humans do good things for animals too. For example, dogs would probably be pretty lonely and bored creatures if they didn't have people to play with.

Not really, as that would imply that you disliked ice cream. We wouldn't exist if there was no shortage of food. The result is the same except there is no concept of not living.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Not quite. The poor are the ones who die due to wars and illness, not the rich. First World Countries are the ones with much lower death rates but use the majority of the world's resources.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Not quite. The poor are the ones who die due to wars and illness, not the rich. First World Countries are the ones with much lower death rates but use the majority of the world's resources.

Indeed. I'm tired of people like Deiophobus who justify famine and epidemic diseases like malaria that cause suffering for millions as "necessary for population control". If you guys are worried about the eventual lack of resources in your country, please go off yourselves. We don't need your selfishness and abuse of your lucky disposition around here.

hiccup.png

Life would be better if drinking and smoking were good for you, women said what they meant, and you didn't accidentally sit on your balls once or twice a year.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17061_5-things-you-think-will-make-you-happy-but-wont.html

Basically the more we get what we want the more miserable we are. Nigerians are the happiest people on earth.

Life boils down to two things: Happiness and Afterlife\Religion. Regardless of your religion, your life here has the sole point of making you feel good. So anything that makes you happier overall = good. The bad part is that it appears the only way to make us happy is to take away everything that makes us happy.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Life would be better if drinking and smoking were good for you, women said what they meant, and you didn't accidentally sit on your balls once or twice a year.

We needed a man to show up.

Of course, this would take all the challenge out of it. If deer are unable to outrun my fist, and women talk realistically, my life is too good.

And I do a little swing right before I sit.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

http://www.cracked.com/article_17061_5-things-you-think-will-make-you-happy-but-wont.html

Basically the more we get what we want the more miserable we are. Nigerians are the happiest people on earth.

Life boils down to two things: Happiness and Afterlife\Religion. Regardless of your religion, your life here has the sole point of making you feel good. So anything that makes you happier overall = good. The bad part is that it appears the only way to make us happy is to take away everything that makes us happy.

That article claims that Nigerians are the happiest people, yet the source they link to has Nigerians listed as number 29 on the list.

If you guys are worried about the eventual lack of resources in your country, please go off yourselves. We don't need your selfishness and abuse of your lucky disposition around here.

Isn't it just as selfish to put your generations welfare about that of future generations?

snowsigyy7.png

You, as a human. Have to make life better for yourself.

If you don't like something, don't do it or get used to it.

If you want more of something, Get more of something.

Human attitudes play a large part into this thing of life being better...

Lack of space? Make space.

Luck be a Lady

• 1 month later...

Life would be great without religion. Think about it, how much of the world's history has some link to religion or holy wars? Basically all of it, right? If we didn't have it, a great deal of the world's problems wouldn't exist. Of course, religion is natural.

Oh, that's just perfectly normal paranoia; everyone gets that.

But if it didn't exist, things would be a lot better. Although I suppose a great deal of advancements and such wouldn't have existed either, so life would really be simple. But going back to that, with all the simplicity the world would have had, there'd be even less of us humans to mess the world up even more. So it would all end up having a bright side anyway, :thumbsup:

lEagle_23.png

leagle_23.gif

99 WoodCutting Achieved 7/15/08

How would life be better?

Life would be better if 95% of the world population just dropped dead, smart people ran the world, all of the stockpiled nukes in the world suddenly vanished, and everyone had a pet cat named mr. fluffens.

Alternative ideas: Life would be better if humans and all of their creations suddenly vanished off the face of the earth with no trace and was never uncovered.

Yeah...

()If North Korea didn't exist.

()If the people of third world countries would stop living the way they did before antibiotics and sanitation was brought to them, basing their survival on how many children they have to take care of them. Nearly all worldwide population growth occurs in such backwards countries.

()If the aging generation would let go of their religious dogmas for one moment and listen to the next generation's point of view on society. I'm looking at you California.

()If people would stop pretending to be 'green' for their own egos, and instead were truly 'green' for the next generation. Corporations feed on the mental gymnastics people go through to believe they are helping the earth, it's sickening and unhelpful.

()If Scientology didn't exist.

()If the Middle East were to one day be "fixed." Another Persian Gulf or Vietnam's just going to result in another 9/11. Finish the job, however long it takes.

()If people would grasp the basic concept of "eat healthy and exercise," instead of creating a worthless market of ineffective pills and diet methods.

()If term limits in Congress existed.

()If Obama would chill on the spending. Money don't grow on trees.

()...

I tried to be as realistic as possible, as I've never been a fan of romanticism. And the pessimism on this thread just scares me. What's with the "all humans should die" thing? Am I missing a joke?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

if everyone were dead.

if everyone were dead.
if everyone were white atheist dead.

if everyone were dead.

Life should be peaceful, not cause problems, and enjoy your life

IF everyone stopped TRYING to be funny, responding with platitudes, and let Rebdragon do his job of being HI-larious.

:thumbup:

EDIT: Bold and Underline for EXTRA EMPHASIS.

If people could actually study what they care about in high school. (Some get to.)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

When you can choose to put anything in your body as you please. It isn't up to the government to make that choice for you.

The loss ofrefined sugars in food; yet another addiction people don't realize they have to cope with.

Away with gold!

;>

Life couldn't be better. Outlooks on life, however, could be.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

When you can choose to put anything in your body as you please. It isn't up to the government to make that choice for you.

Better yet, less government control in general. Their duty is to protect us from bad people, and now we ironically need protection from them. They can turn mowing your city park's lawn into a criminal offense.

Government can be good though. For example, the principles that America was founded on were brilliant but we've been drifting far far away from that point. It basically evolved from questioning authority to taking it up the [wagon] from authority.

Better yet, less government control in general. Their duty is to protect us from bad people, and now we ironically need protection from them. They can turn mowing your city park's lawn into a criminal offense.

Government can be good though. For example, the principles that America was founded on were brilliant but we've been drifting far far away from that point. It basically evolved from questioning authority to taking it up the [wagon] from authority.

Which is how it was before. So the word you're looking for is revert.