Jagex reintroducing RuneScape Classic

KnightLite

Yes, lots of people still play old games, but much, much more people play the new games. Therefore, if you put RS2 against RSC, I guess that RS2 will still be the more appealing game. Opening RSC will certainly induce an influx in players due to the fact that there are always people that like the older games. But when the game is reopened with cheat codes... who will still play "for real"?

Oh and Dink Smallwood is a great game. I remember playing that game ages ago :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, lots of people still play old games, but much, much more people play the new games. Therefore, if you put RS2 against RSC, I guess that RS2 will still be the more appealing game. Opening RSC will certainly induce an influx in players due to the fact that there are always people that like the older games. But when the game is reopened with cheat codes... who will still play "for real"?

Oh and Dink Smallwood is a great game. I remember playing that game ages ago :D

I openly admitted earlier that i did not think that this ''cheat code'' idea was a good one, i'm a die hard RSC fan and i wouldn't bother looking at it if you could magic up your stats and supplies - What a waste of time that would be.. The game would become more 2 dimensional than ever.. It would simply be a case of biggest team wins.. Boring.

I like that you brought up Jagex's buisness sense earlier, i agree with you here too yes! It would seem logical in what they did and i'm sure as i said earlier their bank balance vindicates their decision.. But let's put it into terms that everyone can understand;

If Jagex were Coca Cola.. They basically stopped selling Coke because Cherry Coke became more popular? That would be a ridiculas decision (yes, much larger scale i know) but Jagex essentially cut off their nose to spite their face - Why not continue running RSC? Where there not still paying customers? It's a bizarre business move if you ask me..

If Rsc had two active servers, fully supported (2400 people at any one time) it would be reasonable to see an active community of 3k people (in total, which could be witnessed as 1500 people playing constantly throughout the timezones)

This equates to £15,000 per month in P2P fee's and i'm not even going to go into the fact that alot of people have second characters they're willing to pay for also. £15,000 per month.... How much ''care'' is needed to keep the servers running - How many staff would they need and how much would they pay them? Think about it logically and i think the figures do the talking themselves - It would quite easily be self sustaining - Yes maybe my numbers are made up and possibly even ambitious but don't underestimate the appeal to RSC - I don't think there would be any problem whatsoever having that many people play.

At the end of the day Jagex will do whatever they want, they always have - They're suprisingly arrogant when you think about the additions they made and the refusal to change them when they had negative effects (mage wall & god spells being my personal favourites)

If they re-opened RSC and offered support, people would return, i don't think there's any doubt about that - The only thing that eventually drove people away was a lack of support and an increase of autoers who ironically are probably the people that want it back the most but were (are?) too immature to realise it was their actions contributing to the downfall in the beginning.

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

No no no ... I would not play RS1 with cheat codes from Jagex.

That would be pretty oxymoronic (and just plain moronic) on their part, seeing as they lost RS1 to the autos and bots.

But given the possibility, and the fact that other people would play with cheats, it'd pretty much make your accomplishments worthless. At least for me it'd be no fun if there were cheats available.

@adx: there might be an opening for more support and a more serious take on RSC by Jagex if RSC proves to be very popular. Then it might just be worth it to assign an extra team of employees to RSC (for Jagex). But I can't see it happening, since RSC died out, and the reintroduction will probably be accompanied with cheats. I just can't see it starting up again.

But who knows how this idea might evolve.

No no no ... I would not play RS1 with cheat codes from Jagex.

That would be pretty oxymoronic (and just plain moronic) on their part, seeing as they lost RS1 to the autos and bots.

But given the possibility, and the fact that other people would play with cheats, it'd pretty much make your accomplishments worthless. At least for me it'd be no fun if there were cheats available.

@adx: there might be an opening for more support and a more serious take on RSC by Jagex if RSC proves to be very popular. Then it might just be worth it to assign an extra team of employees to RSC (for Jagex). But I can't see it happening, since RSC died out, and the reintroduction will probably be accompanied with cheats. I just can't see it starting up again.

But who knows how this idea might evolve.

^^ I think the bolded part has been proven already.

I agree, i don't think they'll re-open it, i don't even think i'd like them to because in my experience every update they ever made (toward pking) was a negative one.. I wouldn't want to chance them continuing that trend.

The ''cheat code'' idea is an insult really.. If that was what they intended they could do it as a mini-game in RS2 (one wonders why they haven't already done so) i just don't see the point.. If you can magic stats (and supplies?) what restrictions on there on doing so? if i'm 99 accross the board and about to die to another 123 can i lower my stats so they can't attack me any longer? Sure they can do the same but what if i put my stats to 1 99 1 - if they drop their stats to equal my combat level they won't be able to wield a dragon weapon lol? I presume you could not interfere with supplies/stats in the wilderness but this would probably just promote boarder fighting - i think the whole thing would be a joke and would rob every none pker of all their umph (couldn't think of a better word) why bother training that stat when u can just change it?

It just seems to me to be a bit lacking in imagination and they're essentially admitting defeat to the autoers if this does come about.

Let's hope they do assign someone to RSC who has either worked on it in the past or played it maybe..

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

if they would add cheat codes i would rather see it for levels only so we still would need to get stuff and do quests.

or making whole map pvp so ppl can kill possible autoers...making system that all ppl start in peace mode until they reach 50 in any skill and then turn automatically to pvp mode.

then they would need to remove fatigue system so ppl wouldnt be abusing it

I'm all for RSC being brought back to the general public. I'd love to see the origins of the game and why it was so popular, I consider seeing it some sort of video gaming pilgrimage, particularly a RuneScape one.

There needs to be a better system than giving everyone straight 99s and every item though.

Suggestion time!

Maybe a regular runescape account could be "copied" into RSC for a one time use. Say I log into runescape with 50 attack and 50 strength. I then decide to go to runescape classic. If I log in with that account I have 50 attack and strength. Now, I can't level up here but I can get new items but it doesn't have any effect on my regular runescape account. But if something changes on regular runescape, new stats or items, that updates. Also, any items or skills that didn't exist back then wouldn't appear.

There's probably a million other ways it could be done. Anyway, I'd mainly go there to fight players and (if they make members areas free for some warped reason) boss monsters. I'm probably very typical of a RS2 player looking back at RSC as an opportunity to PK.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

I'm all for RSC being brought back to the general public. I'd love to see the origins of the game and why it was so popular, I consider seeing it some sort of video gaming pilgrimage, particularly a RuneScape one.

There needs to be a better system than giving everyone straight 99s and every item though.

Suggestion time!

Maybe a regular runescape account could be "copied" into RSC for a one time use. Say I log into runescape with 50 attack and 50 strength. I then decide to go to runescape classic. If I log in with that account I have 50 attack and strength. Now, I can't level up here but I can get new items but it doesn't have any effect on my regular runescape account. But if something changes on regular runescape, new stats or items, that updates. Also, any items or skills that didn't exist back then wouldn't appear.

There's probably a million other ways it could be done. Anyway, I'd mainly go there to fight players and (if they make members areas free for some warped reason) boss monsters. I'm probably very typical of a RS2 player looking back at RSC as an opportunity to PK.

Although i'm loathed to admit it yours may well be the better idea;

The cheat code idea is ridiculas however your idea in coming back from RS2 to RSC is in fact the best idea all round - It basically negates all the people who've been autoing on RSC for years (and really screws those that have played honestly) but it is essentially a reset - When everyone was transferred to RS2 their stats were (for the most part) legit.

If it was me i'd delete everyone on RSC and allow them to migrate their character (and bank) from RS2 - Basically a carbon copy, ur RS2 life goes on but you have the chance to play an RSC life aswell or instead (personally think this should have been done originally rather than splitting the bank one way or the other)

This way there'd be plenty of RS2'ers with Rune to lose :)

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I'd love to see RSC introduced again, imagine having 500+ players all on one world at a time :)

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

if rs1 ever goes public again, all the real rsc'ers here need to set aside their indifferences and we make a big clan/team to show those cocky kids what the real runescape is all about :twisted:

That would start out well... Then the moment someone we used to fight got in our way, stole a kill or just generally annoyd one another - It'd be all-out carnage..... I'm up for it haha! :thumbsup:

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

You guys can't give it up? I would never want it to come back. None of you that posted were even a high level on rsc so if I log on you guys have the chance to actually fight me? That's just rhetarded. I wouldn't want to fight a clan from rs2 that weren't even around 3 years ago. I didn't spend years before training for some people that ruined the game to get a chance at playing the real runescape? I was referring to the 130,000 or more people that came and ruined it after rs2 was released. I'm not saying you guys that posted weren't around but I definitely know you didn't train up to 99 hp and 119 combat either.

true dsm... you also didnt train all those stats up to be ready to log! you tell them big boy, nobody messes with dsm!

p

Lol sup Kyle.

If you were a high level pker during 2001-2004... I killed you:)

Why does every RSC player try to act 'gangsta' and insult others? <.<

Because we are better then you....y0.

Lol you know whats funny dsm. I go to a couple of the private servers, and your neverrrrrrrr gonna guess who's name popped up on highscores! Somebody seemed to have stolen your name, those silly silly boys!!

Killer read your pm man, and stop leaving for years and acting like your not my boy no more lol.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

Lol you know whats funny dsm. I go to a couple of the private servers, and your neverrrrrrrr gonna guess who's name popped up on highscores! Somebody seemed to have stolen your name, those silly silly boys!!

Killer read your pm man, and stop leaving for years and acting like your not my boy no more lol.

That's a bit silly... In that logic apparently i'm playing on a few private servers too lol (which i can guarantee i am not)

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

That's a bit silly... In that logic apparently i'm playing on a few private servers too lol (which i can guarantee i am not)

well that is silly then considering I gave you full rune and stuff on projectp2p, and gave you mad runes. Nice to know that wasn't you, he has everyone fooled and posted pictures on the site of your kills and everyone envys you lol, thats funny.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

well that is silly then considering I gave you full rune and stuff on projectp2p, and gave you mad runes. Nice to know that wasn't you, he has everyone fooled and posted pictures on the site of your kills and everyone envys you lol, thats funny.

Lmao. That's funny. Yeah I know people use my name. I only ever tried out one private server for like a week before I got banned and there was 2 of me before I even started it. I only play cod 4/5 and nba2k9 now though.

Haha... That is pretty funny actually! Anyone can get my kills :) Look at my sig lol..

I swear, i'm half tempted to play now just to punk him, whoever he may be! :) Fair play to him though lol, using my name's worked out well for him! I wouldn't even call myself adx1 lol

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Haha... That is pretty funny actually! Anyone can get my kills :) Look at my sig lol..

I swear, i'm half tempted to play now just to punk him, whoever he may be! :) Fair play to him though lol, using my name's worked out well for him! I wouldn't even call myself adx1 lol

I'm never fooled by them, i just ask you or my other friends on MSN for confirmation lol.

I'm never fooled by them, i just ask you or my other friends on MSN for confirmation lol.

Lol, i downloaded the client but it won't load and i grew quickly bored! I may be around shortly though lol :)

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Lol, i downloaded the client but it won't load and i grew quickly bored! I may be around shortly though lol :)

Adx has now solved this problem and his new char is named Zorro Toy and he needs a butt load of stuff.

:pray:

Bro that's so funny because I literally talked to the guy yesterday and was like "Hey why are you posing as a former rsc?" He logged.

I literally pked with Adx1 as well, he is a good pker though. Funny.

I openly admitted earlier that i did not think that this ''cheat code'' idea was a good one, i'm a die hard RSC fan and i wouldn't bother looking at it if you could magic up your stats and supplies - What a waste of time that would be.. The game would become more 2 dimensional than ever.. It would simply be a case of biggest team wins.. Boring.

Yeh but what was it in the old days? who had the best stats. You had better stats than about 99% of the rsc population, wouldn't you like to try it when the playing field was even?

btw I know ppl had to seriously earn those better stats, and I think it was fair you had a stats advantage because of the amount of effort you had to put in, but since rsc cant return to that, isnt this the next best thing?

Yeh but what was it in the old days? who had the best stats. You had better stats than about 99% of the rsc population, wouldn't you like to try it when the playing field was even?

btw I know ppl had to seriously earn those better stats, and I think it was fair you had a stats advantage because of the amount of effort you had to put in, but since rsc cant return to that, isnt this the next best thing?

Most of the people he/I fought were our levels and if they weren't and the other person actually fought, it would be something like 3 105's or 15 level 80s (exercitum) or 20 level 100s (rsd) vs 3-5 fighting us. Which is not an even fight for our benefit but 9.9/10 times we won because we knew what we were doing or we knew it better than the other person or people. I don't think adx meant it more towards stats but towards armour and suppplies. Why pk when everyone is using blood runes, sharks, super sets and they can always use it and not ever lose anything. If they have unlimited armour, what's the point? It'd be "fun" but not challenging. It'd be pointless. I'm not even sure about the stats. I think they should actually have to train if we retain our stats or start everyone off at level 3 again. There's no way I'd play but still. If they let us keep our levels and made people who never played or were low levels, I think it would be fine. Those guys play rs2 all day. They'd be level 110 in no time.