Jagex reintroducing RuneScape Classic

KnightLite

I don't see why anyone would want to play RSC in the first place. It's an extremely limited old game with extremely crappy graphics. I can't see anyone being used to RS2 wanting to play RSC.

I'm not ever going to play that piece of crap again.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why anyone would want to play RSC in the first place. It's an extremely limited old game with extremely crappy graphics. I can't see anyone being used to RS2 wanting to play RSC.

Understandable, if you weren't an old school player.

RSC devotee, August 2001 - Mid 2004, Retired

105 combat, 93 HP

Understandable, if you weren't an old school player.

Played since mid 2001, so I'm pretty much as veteran as can be.

Some say it's for the community. I remember enjoying RSC greatly, in a different way from how I enjoy RS now.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Some say it's for the community. I remember enjoying RSC greatly, in a different way from how I enjoy RS now.

Same for me, but that feeling is gone. RSC will never come back in the shape that it was. The pixels might be the same, but I'm sure the feeling is gone.

I can imagine people trying it again, getting dissapointed, and leave.

Same for me, but that feeling is gone. RSC will never come back in the shape that it was. The pixels might be the same, but I'm sure the feeling is gone.

I can imagine people trying it again, getting dissapointed, and leave.

Because legit training on rsc actually takes time?

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

i dont know for sure but isnt cheating rsc tools always based on external client? if they could change that its only possible to play in their website only and external clients wouldnt work anymore then bots cannot work anymore?

i dont like very much idea of getting all 99 skills without work....though there would be still quests to do.

Not only does it take a lot more time, the game has only like 10% of the content and the graphics suck. Why would people want to play a game with a fragment of the content and bad graphics? Especially people that don't know the feel of RSC from the old days. I'd check it out, just to get that feeling again (not to play). But people who haven't played RSC won't have that feeling and won't like a single bit of it.

And don't give me that crap that training on RS2 doesn't cost time. Else tell me why you haven't gotten all 99's yet.

Not only does it take a lot more time, the game has only like 10% of the content and the graphics suck. Why would people want to play a game with a fragment of the content and bad graphics? Especially people that don't know the feel of RSC from the old days. I'd check it out, just to get that feeling again (not to play). But people who haven't played RSC won't have that feeling and won't like a single bit of it.

And don't give me that crap that training on RS2 doesn't cost time. Else tell me why you haven't gotten all 99's yet.

Obviously the game didn't draw me or most of the old schoolers by the graphics, if so i'd laugh at the idea of someone sending me that game. However, just playing and the amount of time work I had put into the game, not to mention the friends & enemies I had made the game awesome. But I had to agree with you people will not have the same feeling, maybe for a week or so at most, but most will quit. I don't see ANY old schoolers sticking with it, if even playing.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

I prefer rsc graphics to rs2's slow moving graphics. Their graphics are horrible I think. I don't think I'd really want people to play rsc who hadn't played anyway. Oh and training on rs2 doesn't cost time. We don't have all 99's on rs2 because we like females and tend to stay away from rhetarded games. How many people have all 99's on rs2 now? And explain how I drop from top 100 in hp to like 40,000. Graphics don't make a game, by the way. Mass effect doesn't have amazing graphics but it's one of the best games on the 360.

I prefer rsc graphics to rs2's slow moving graphics. Their graphics are horrible I think. I don't think I'd really want people to play rsc who hadn't played anyway. Oh and training on rs2 doesn't cost time. We don't have all 99's on rs2 because we like females and tend to stay away from rhetarded games. How many people have all 99's on rs2 now? And explain how I drop from top 100 in hp to like 40,000. Graphics don't make a game, by the way. Mass effect doesn't have amazing graphics but it's one of the best games on the 360.

19 Mil mage exp (like 24 on rsc lol) from ALOT of pking and i'm still only 1796th!! Haha, i used to be like #4/5 can't remember exactly, Sue was one above me i think

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I prefer rsc graphics to rs2's slow moving graphics.

You're one of the few then.

Their graphics are horrible I think. I don't think I'd really want people to play rsc who hadn't played anyway.

Why not? Because you want only the elitist veterans to play the game?

Oh and training on rs2 doesn't cost time.

Right.. xp just magically appears in your sleep.

We don't have all 99's on rs2 because we like females and tend to stay away from rhetarded games.

Then why do you want to play RSC?

How many people have all 99's on rs2 now? And explain how I drop from top 100 in hp to like 40,000.

This game is played by more than 100 people, and over the years, people will continue to progress and increase their skills. Nothing weird there.

Graphics don't make a game, by the way. Mass effect doesn't have amazing graphics but it's one of the best games on the 360.

No but RSC lacks graphics, content and technology. It's crippled on all sides.

Bauke, if you're only posting on these boards to say how bad you find RS-Classic, I don't understand why you still keep replying on these topics then. Everybody is free to say he/she finds RSC better as RS2.

Sure, the graphics and gameplay of RS-Classic might be worse as RS2, but it still doesn't mean some people want to PK in classic (because personally I still find that a better system as in RS2) or just think back and explore the game it all started with.

signature4s.jpg

I prefer rsc graphics to rs2's slow moving graphics.

You're one of the few then.

Their graphics are horrible I think. I don't think I'd really want people to play rsc who hadn't played anyway.

Why not? Because you want only the elitist veterans to play the game?

Oh and training on rs2 doesn't cost time.

Right.. xp just magically appears in your sleep.

We don't have all 99's on rs2 because we like females and tend to stay away from rhetarded games.

Then why do you want to play RSC?

How many people have all 99's on rs2 now? And explain how I drop from top 100 in hp to like 40,000.

This game is played by more than 100 people, and over the years, people will continue to progress and increase their skills. Nothing weird there.

Graphics don't make a game, by the way. Mass effect doesn't have amazing graphics but it's one of the best games on the 360.

1. I prefer the RSC graphics also, they are what they are and like many games from my past due to the poor graphics the game relied on game-play (fast becoming a thing of the past) RS2's graphics are quite insulting when you think about it because they're ''trying'' and they're still poor, at least with RSC it was easily seen graphics were not a priority at all.

2. The reason most of us would prefer the RS2 products to remain there and not come to RSC is because you wouldn't (and clearly from your comments) Do not respect or appreciate the game, you're of a different generation of player when the game was aimed at immaturity (congrats to you) you'd have no sense of the same community or even work ethic ALL other RSC'ers had.

3. Clearly you read things in a literal sense rather than reading between the lines so i'm going to make this as simple as possible, had i trained my character on RS2 from day one and used the same amount of time it took me to get Adx1 to 121 on RSC i could have had multiple characters with 99 in every stat, this is not your fault this is simply Jagex folding on their original principals, i for one think that they intended for NO-ONE to ever get 99 in all stats, but somewhere along the line they stopped creating new skills to prevent this and released RS2 instead and as we know their values changed dramatically.

4. Because RSC wasn't rhetarded?

5. I'll take you sentence literally as you managed earlier - How does it lack graphics? It has them does it not? I believe what you meant was that it lacks in graphics! Agreed! - So does RS2 fool. Lacks content? Of course, because content stopped being added, but in it's day there was plenty, oh and technology.... Loving this one by the way because the technology on RSC allowed for an innovative way of fighting (that's catching by the way you're probably not familiar with it though) and let's face it, there's that much technology in RS2 you can't fight one another properly and can barely trade... Hmm what would i prefer?

In summary Bauke, you really shouldn't criticise a game you have no understanding of, we were all around when RS2 began so we know what it was and how it changed! Here's an analogy for you:

If we uncovered a frozen man from the 1800's (and thawed him out and he survived lol) would you ask him what life was like back then? Or would you tell him what it was like because you've read about it?

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I would be okay with all the rs2 products coming to rsc, because back in 2005 some did briefly.

sk8dead.jpg

gfdsfrs2noobdead.jpg

ghjjfdead2.jpg

ghjjfdeaddm.jpg

Stud112 (UNBANNED)

99 atk, 92 def, 99 str, 97 hp, 118 combat

studsig76.jpg

1. I prefer the RSC graphics also, they are what they are and like many games from my past due to the poor graphics the game relied on game-play (fast becoming a thing of the past) RS2's graphics are quite insulting when you think about it because they're ''trying'' and they're still poor, at least with RSC it was easily seen graphics were not a priority at all.

2. The reason most of us would prefer the RS2 products to remain there and not come to RSC is because you wouldn't (and clearly from your comments) Do not respect or appreciate the game, you're of a different generation of player when the game was aimed at immaturity (congrats to you) you'd have no sense of the same community or even work ethic ALL other RSC'ers had.

3. Clearly you read things in a literal sense rather than reading between the lines so i'm going to make this as simple as possible, had i trained my character on RS2 from day one and used the same amount of time it took me to get Adx1 to 121 on RSC i could have had multiple characters with 99 in every stat, this is not your fault this is simply Jagex folding on their original principals, i for one think that they intended for NO-ONE to ever get 99 in all stats, but somewhere along the line they stopped creating new skills to prevent this and released RS2 instead and as we know their values changed dramatically.

5. I'll take you sentence literally as you managed earlier - How does it lack graphics? It has them does it not? I believe what you meant was that it lacks in graphics! Agreed! - So does RS2 fool. Lacks content? Of course, because content stopped being added, but in it's day there was plenty, oh and technology.... Loving this one by the way because the technology on RSC allowed for an innovative way of fighting (that's catching by the way you're probably not familiar with it though) and let's face it, there's that much technology in RS2 you can't fight one another properly and can barely trade... Hmm what would i prefer?

In summary Bauke, you really shouldn't criticise a game you have no understanding of, we were all around when RS2 began so we know what it was and how it changed! Here's an analogy for you:

If we uncovered a frozen man from the 1800's (and thawed him out and he survived lol) would you ask him what life was like back then? Or would you tell him what it was like because you've read about it?

Lol adx nuff said.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

If people came back to rsc , oldschoolers and rs2 products alike, I would definatly appreciate , and quite honestly would have to log on to that version of the game for the first time since 04.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Bauke, if you're only posting on these boards to say how bad you find RS-Classic, I don't understand why you still keep replying on these topics then. Everybody is free to say he/she finds RSC better as RS2.

Then why can't I state my opinion? Am I not free to say that I don't find RSC better than RS2? And all I was trying to say that I can't imagine a lot of people playing RSC, due to the fact that it lacks graphics, technology and content. Opinions may differ, and that's fine, but I'm inclined to say that 95 out of 100 people will stay at RS2 when they get the choice.

I'm all for bringing back RSC. I might even log back on once or twice to get that feeling back from 2001. But actually playing again? No. Don't get me wrong, my best days were with RSC, but Runescape has evolved, and has made RSC obsolete for the masses. If certain individuals choose to be stuck with RSC... fine, whatever it is that makes them happy, but don't criticize me when I say that RSC has had its days. Because I reckon that nothing will ever bring it back to what it was.

The differences between RSC and RS2 are huge, and that's an understatement.

I've probably played longer than you. Just because I don't like RSC doesn't mean I'm an "RS2 product" and suddenly fall in the category of being immature or work ethic (lmao, work ethic? give me a break). It's kind of pathetic to try to force me into some sort of stereotype when you simply don't agree with my opinion.

I know RS2 is easier. I know from back in RSC that it took me ages to get to combat lvl 50, training at the black knight fortress.

Your opinion. All I'm trying to point out is that his argument is total crap.

Yeah I know the system. I signed up when you had to choose between being a pk'er and non-pk'er, and I was there when the wilderness was added. And yes, I know the 3-hit system. I like the 3-hit system in pk'ing, but if that's all RSC has over RS2, it's not worth it for me to play it again, because it simply lacks other things I described before. And while YOU might not agree, the majority of the players will think that way. Thus, RSC will not ever be popular again. Most people will probably pop on and off, and go back to RS2. That was all I wanted to point out.

Like I said before, I've been around almost from the beginning. I know what I'm talking about. I've seen how the game evolved and I like what Jagex made of the game. Just because I don't share your opinion does not mean I have no understanding of the game.

I'll state it again: I don't see RSC becoming popular again. The graphics are bad, a lot less content and technology. That won't appeal if it's reopened to the public. You can think whatever you want, but RSC is obsolete and prehistoric and will not ever be played by the masses again.

I'll state it again: I don't see RSC becoming popular again. The graphics are bad, a lot less content and technology. That won't appeal if it's reopened to the public. You can think whatever you want, but RSC is obsolete and prehistoric and will not ever be played by the masses again.

I agree with that, i don't think that the masses will ever return to RSC

My arguement has always been that people were coerced into RS2 however! Had it been such a superior game why did Jagex feel the need to try and force people out of RSC?

- Their original plan was that you could freely switch from RS2 to RSC with one bank, they suddenly went back on this? What was their reasoning? ''items in rs2 wouldn't have graphics in rsc'' because that is such a major job? Considering the 'prehistoric' rsc graphics? It would have been similar to a members item on P2P - Not useable.

- No highscores for RSC'er when they did decide to split the game, why not? They changed the highscore system for RS2 anyway, it's not like the member money they would have got from RSC wouldn't have covered highscores at the VERY least.

- One way bank trip and no going back, again this was a way to make people decide in an instant what they would prefer after BETA - Why not a months grace whereby you can decide which game your future lies.

- The threat of no support, no updates and basic abandonment of RSC, how was this justifiable before they saw what numbers were going to migrate? Had a majority remained on RSC would they still have drawn a line under it and stopped updating it when RS2 failed miserably - I sincerely doubt it.

All of these factors culminated into what was essentially an ultimatum ''Move to RS2 or else'' do you not agree that they were very strong handed tactics considering RS2's apparent superiority? Had it been this gleaming game it was supposed to jagex would have relied on people changing to it by merit rather than by threat.

When you look at who remained on RSC it was pkers, let's be honest they account for at least 90% of those who remained, but i know from alot of my friends that weren't pkers they would have stayed RSC if they had highscores (what else does a skiller play for?)

I put my bank on RS2 in a drunken stuper but remained RSC, jagex would not allow me to have my bank back (which ended up for the best £££ - say no more) but i don't regret staying with RSC because for me, i played to pk and nothing else - RSC had a UNIQUE pking system - RS2 does not, it's poor and when given the opportunity of playing that or other such games which far better graphics (WOW 1 example - though i've never played) i would of happily moved to them.

I think as you say it's a matter of opinion, but your opinion is based on you talking about the majority - Am i not correct in thinking that the majority have never even played RSC? Don't forget that RSC still has a pking sytem, still has a shackless trade system - My opinion is that RSC is a far superior game in terms of pking (and in whole for me personally) i can see that for a skiller RS2 is the better game but that's not for me - When i look at RSC the saying ''less is more'' has never been more true.

I hope RSC is not re-opened, i don't think Jagex will allow it either, i think they feel threatened by their own game (go figure) what other reasons for removing it from the front page, having to persuade people RS2 is better? It should do that itself on merit.

Bottom line is they could have ran two paralell games, giving support to both - They're both aimed at different segments, had they offered support to RSC more would have remained, paid for p2p and more than justified any furter updates - I think it's a shame but as they say hindsight is 20/20 and i feel Jagex missed a trick (though i imagine their bank balance disagrees with me :lol: )

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I can understand why Jagex wanted to push everyone to RS2. The new engine gave them a lot of extra options to expand the game and appeal more people, thus make more money. No need to visibly advertise the old game, since it probably wouldn't earn them extra money. From a business point of view it's all quite logical, though they could've handled it with more decency towards their player base. I remember I set my account to RS2 due to all those "threats" that you described. At first it didn't appeal to me. I couldn't get used to the graphics and quit for a while short after the introduction of RS2.

Anyways, yes, you're right that I talk about the majority of people here. It's no use saying that game X or Y should be better for everyone. And the fact that most people haven't played RSC probably means they'll find it an unappealing game. Players familiar with RSC could probably be lured into playing again since they have that feeling from long ago. As for me personally, I have some great memories in RSC, but I won't like the game anymore. I'm used to RS2 and all its content and graphics now, so I lost my appeal for RSC. I can imagine that a lot of people will think the same. Especially people who don't PK. RSC could probably appeal a few more pk'ers, but that would probably be all.

As for the PK and trade system. If Jagex were to introduce RSC again, the PK and trade system wouldn't persist. Jagex took measures against RWT, and if RSC was to be played at the same scale as RS2, then RSC would get all the limitations as well, to prevent RWT. Jagex stated that they wanted to counter this with the introduction of cheat codes. So that RWT would be obsolete. It will probably mean that RSC will not ever be played "for real" again if it's reintroduced. At least, by players who aren't RSC at this moment. Current RSC players will still be able to play as they're used to.

Due to the nature of RSC, it will not be popular again. Most players will probably be curious as to what the game was back then. And due to most people not having previous experience in RSC, and the addition of cheat codes, I can't see lots of new players playing RSC. For that, you'd need access to the "real" RSC servers, and they won't be opened by Jagex.

But whatever the outcome is, current RSC players won't be affected by it, since they'll supposedly play on different servers. So although I don't think it'll be any popular, it won't be bad either.

Cheat codes? I scanned through your post and saw that and decided not to read it at all, you make no sense get your facts straight. There aren't "cheat codes" for online games, you can't just pull out your gameshark and get infinite life. Seriously man, put down the mouse.

Cheat codes? I scanned through your post and saw that and decided not to read it at all, you make no sense get your facts straight. There aren't "cheat codes" for online games, you can't just pull out your gameshark and get infinite life. Seriously man, put down the mouse.

Read the opening post before you're going to act like a moron:

One idea that we are considering is perhaps opening the current RSC game to the public but providing everybody with

the cheat codes to set their skills and inventory to whatever they liked. That way everybody could have whatever

they wanted in game and there would be no incentive or advantage to cheat or bot.

Naturally the RSC account would be isolated to RSC worlds and could never interact with the current version of RuneScape

Perhaps actually reading anything isn't such a bad idea.

Tens of thousands of people still play text based MUDS. And like RSC, people who enjoy that style of gaming will flock back and play. Even new people.

You know there are plenty of crappy graphics games still being produced with large fan bases.

There are even updates now in 2009 for the super-mega-awesome game Dink Smallwood, a singleplayer game much older than RSC.

So my point is, that RSC can easily regain thousands of players, and even subscribers, due to the fact that classic games never entirely go out of fashion.

Yes. There are many players who choose not to play games because of the graphics. But there are just as many gamers around that do not prioritize graphics to the extent that they disallow a certain game to be enjoyable merely because of worse graphics!

adventurequest.com

dinknetwork.com/

rtsoft.com/dink/

uoherald.com/news/

orgreisland.com

runescape.com

proof that there are games with "disadvantaged" graphics with thousands of followers.

(There have also been over 1 million subscribers to UO throughout its history on the internet).