Jagex reintroducing RuneScape Classic

KnightLite

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?13,14,627,58540508

Hi,

I recently received a number of questions from the RuneScape Classic community which I have tried to answer as best I can below

-------------------

Q) (Ill Pun Ill) Will RuneScape Classic ever be reopened to the public, If so when and how?

A) I would love to see RSC open to the public again, whilst now comparatively retro in appearance by

comparison to the current High Detail version of RuneScape its still a great game which posses a unique

charm and we are still deeply proud of our ground breaking roots.

The key problem with opening up the game to the public is the absence of the anti-cheating and macro systems

we have built up over the last few years, it is also the case that RSC contains all the features that were causing

real world trading and therefore incentivising credit card fraud.

From above it is clear we simply cannot open the current RSC game to the public without some substantial changes.

Our development efforts are almost exclusively focused on evolving the latest version of RuneScape and therefore I

suspect it would be years before we could fix RuneScape Classic.

One idea that we are considering is perhaps opening the current RSC game to the public but providing everybody with

the cheat codes to set their skills and inventory to whatever they liked. That way everybody could have whatever

they wanted in game and there would be no incentive or advantage to cheat or bot.

Naturally the RSC account would be isolated to RSC worlds and could never interact with the current version of RuneScape

===========

"Hey Folks, its been really great answering your questions and also thank you for your suggestions.

It would seem from all the positive responses that we should look at bringing back RuneScape Classic and open it to the public with cheat codes.

I will discuss this matter with the team shortly and I hope it will only be a few weeks before everyone can once again explore the original world of RSC.

Great talking to you all and have fun!

Cheers, "

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they want to prevent credit card fraud. They should consider the option of making the whole of RSC free of charge. Or even better, reintroducing RS 1 with only the f2p part of the world, since we all know that everyone is just gonna pk pk pk pk pk pk pk pk pk !!! :P

This was posted a few weeks ago, but yeah. Nice to see that they will make it so people can set their skills to whatever they like, since some people openly have bragged about macroing their stats to in example all 99's anyway. I'm personally looking forward to regain access to Classic, as I was one of those who lost mine because I didn't use it for the 6 months or whatever the lockout was, and wasn't paying attention to that whole thing. Have to admit I was pretty new around that time, and didn't read the news or fansites - I just logged in and played once in a while.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

You guys can't give it up? I would never want it to come back. None of you that posted were even a high level on rsc so if I log on you guys have the chance to actually fight me? That's just rhetarded. I wouldn't want to fight a clan from rs2 that weren't even around 3 years ago. I didn't spend years before training for some people that ruined the game to get a chance at playing the real runescape? I was referring to the 130,000 or more people that came and ruined it after rs2 was released. I'm not saying you guys that posted weren't around but I definitely know you didn't train up to 99 hp and 119 combat either.

Moved on? Who said anything about moving on? I'm just simply relaying something from Jagex related to RuneScape Classic. If you want to move on, go right on ahead. We'll enjoy the game when it's back while you've moved on, trust me.

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I can't believe people STILL haven't moved on

It's just having fun tbh.

I havn't played RS-Classic in years, and if I can PK a little without having to train or make cash for it but just be able to PK? Yeah, that would be interesting. :thumbup:

signature4s.jpg

If they do reintroduce RSC, will the graphics be better?

Would that be re-introducing RSC? :roll:

I'm against the idea, if you can set your own stats where's the incentive? You can re-smith anything you lose from pking.. Yeah the ''chase'' will be there but as i've always said, players retreating with food was in tehir head not in their stats, all we'd have then is people running with food with 99 defence instead of 60 defence.. It'll be a waste of time, i'm a die-hard RSC fan and i will not try it if that's how it's released.

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

You guys can't give it up? I would never want it to come back. None of you that posted were even a high level on rsc so if I log on you guys have the chance to actually fight me? That's just rhetarded. I wouldn't want to fight a clan from rs2 that weren't even around 3 years ago. I didn't spend years before training for some people that ruined the game to get a chance at playing the real runescape? I was referring to the 130,000 or more people that came and ruined it after rs2 was released. I'm not saying you guys that posted weren't around but I definitely know you didn't train up to 99 hp and 119 combat either.

true dsm... you also didnt train all those stats up to be ready to log! you tell them big boy, nobody messes with dsm!

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

I doubt the people saying theyd never play it wouldnt even try it out once. Same people who are posting the crap are the same people that ive caught on private servers here and there.

Just because the games been dead for years doesnt mean ya wont try every now and then to log on and see whats up wether it be on the real thing or a imitation.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

I wouldn't want to fight a clan from rs2 that weren't even around 3 years ago.

Why wouldn't you? It would be pretty easy to dominate if you had a couple of oter experienced pkers with you.

Yeah, let's forget that they shouldn't have the stats to be in a high enough level to even fight me. But if I went with it, is there free unlimited armour, too? No, you can pick your stats and be 99 mining and smithing. So, what's the point? The only way I would play is if they opened it back up and moderated it and just left it what it was like 5 years ago. Other than that, I got my 360 and it's a lot funner.

Why wouldn't you? It would be pretty easy to dominate if you had a couple of oter experienced pkers with you.

Yeah, let's forget that they shouldn't have the stats to be in a high enough level to even fight me. But if I went with it, is there free unlimited armour, too? No, you can pick your stats and be 99 mining and smithing. So, what's the point? The only way I would play is if they opened it back up and moderated it and just left it what it was like 5 years ago. Other than that, I got my 360 and it's a lot funner.

Even the DS is more fun lol! Retro theme park, it's amazing how good a simple game can be haha :D Theme park and Mario Kart, can't go wrong!

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Even the DS is more fun lol! Retro theme park, it's amazing how good a simple game can be haha :D Theme park and Mario Kart, can't go wrong!

Since we talked about the horrible referee and the mayweather, hatton fight. What'd you think about the hatton, pacquaio fight? Same ref. I seriously hate that ref lol. I know he had no impact whatsoever. It was a bad fight though. I mean it was ok whatever. It sucked paying $50 for 6 minutes of fighting. That was like the hardest ko hit I've ever seen in boxing. I wanted hatton to win but at least I heard mayweather is coming back. He's a trash talker but he's funny. I wanna see him and pacuiao fight.

Since we talked about the horrible referee and the mayweather, hatton fight. What'd you think about the hatton, pacquaio fight? Same ref. I seriously hate that ref lol. I know he had no impact whatsoever. It was a bad fight though. I mean it was ok whatever. It sucked paying $50 for 6 minutes of fighting. That was like the hardest ko hit I've ever seen in boxing. I wanted hatton to win but at least I heard mayweather is coming back. He's a trash talker but he's funny. I wanna see him and pacuiao fight.

Can't help but think Hatton's just getting a few pay packets now.. He doesn't have the same hunger he used to (in his earlier fights) it's quite sad really but i don't blame him if that's what he's going - May aswell get a buncha cash but i would of thought his reputation meant more to him.

Yeah i hate that ref but you couldn't really blame him, he had not time to mess the fight up lol and yeah i'd like to see Pacquaio vs Mayweather, hopefully i'd get more than a couple of rounds worth after paying for it and staying up til like 4 am to watch it rofl.

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Can't help but think Hatton's just getting a few pay packets now.. He doesn't have the same hunger he used to (in his earlier fights) it's quite sad really but i don't blame him if that's what he's going - May aswell get a buncha cash but i would of thought his reputation meant more to him.

Yeah i hate that ref but you couldn't really blame him, he had not time to mess the fight up lol and yeah i'd like to see Pacquaio vs Mayweather, hopefully i'd get more than a couple of rounds worth after paying for it and staying up til like 4 am to watch it rofl.

I waited like 4-6 months for that fight and I actually watched every pre fight before their fight. I was hyped up and then it was over so fast. I think what bothered hatton was he fired his old trainer. He should of kept him. Just because you lose to mayweather doesn't mean you need to change everything up. Mayweather's one of the best. Hatton didn't seem to have any balance either. I know he got hit hard so many times in the first round and all the knockdowns on him were legit. But he was just walking straight into hits, then he'd get hit but how he fell back or sideways seemed to lead him into more hits against him. I think hatton will be on ppv again but it's going to be awhile. I couldn't believe how much they moved him when he got ko'd too. He looked paralyzed. At least the next fights not too long away. Marquez and mayweather.

Moved on? Who said anything about moving on? I'm just simply relaying something from Jagex related to RuneScape Classic. If you want to move on, go right on ahead. We'll enjoy the game when it's back while you've moved on, trust me.

I logged onto RS a couple of weeks ago after not playing it for 18months+ and don't know why the hell I ever played it :lol:

I would LOVE it if Jagex made RSC free-to-play again. It's a lot more fun than RS2. Most of my old PKers/Stakers have probably been deleted however, but it would still be awesome to play RSC free again.

53719754.png

Join my 110+ Monster Hunting Team - The Unforgiven | Forums |

Memberlist (We are a brand new team)

Seeing RSC back would be great, it would have to have some moderation and it would be fine (jagex makes it sound like its really hard work stopping autoers when it isn't at all, they're just lazy.) The idea they proposed sounds [developmentally delayed]ed though. Set all your stats to 99? What's the point?

Seeing RSC back would be great, it would have to have some moderation and it would be fine (jagex makes it sound like its really hard work stopping autoers when it isn't at all, they're just lazy.) The idea they proposed sounds [developmentally delayed] though. Set all your stats to 99? What's the point?

Exactly, kind of defeats the entire purpose of actually playing again, what with everyone having 99's. That's more incentive not to play than any other, I believe. Not to mention it would render our hard work useless.

RSC devotee, August 2001 - Mid 2004, Retired

105 combat, 93 HP