Jagex reintroducing RuneScape Classic

KnightLite

Just have to take private servers as what they are , a nostaligic sort of feeling bout runescape classic. No the pking wont ever be the same because its a different community , and the things you had to go thru on rsc to get to a level to acheive success was much harder then it is now on these private servers. Its hard to make new memories on a game that isnt a complete copy of the one you loved but only just a shell of its predecessor.

very well put amigo.

i also just use the private servers for a quick dose of nostalgia lasting about 5-10 minutes

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i miss rsc... i remember open world pvp lol, thats not something jagex would ever put back into rs due to the whiners, but if your an oldy from 2001 you'll be joyed with it as it would bring back so many memories

dvs_skater.gif

yeah i miss rsc... i remember open world pvp lol, thats not something jagex would ever put back into rs due to the whiners, but if your an oldy from 2001 you'll be joyed with it as it would bring back so many memories

Open world PvP is in rs2 :idea:

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

A cape? Uh, nice. I want one.

Private servers are different from each other. The one I played that Adx plays has a crap community. Players don't really need to train so their characters/stats/banks are worth nothing so they are free to behave in whatever stupid manner they want. Most unfortunately, they have a global chat that is flooded with idiocy. Also, some noobs kept asking me for *cough* nvm can't say it here in Tip It. *cough*.

The one that I and many other people play (it is one of the largest if not the largest RSC priv server) has only 2x exp for regular players. The community has its jerks :roll: just like in real RSC :P but most people are alright. Due to its size, you can also easily find likeminded people. There are also a lot of old schoolers there.

Gimme a yell when you see me. :)

I was under a different username and was that level 3 in karamja getting his fishing level up so i could make money and buy a rune 2h :P

You got stuck in the hut and had to tele out! :shock:

May see you there again sometime, but i already got bored of it, its just not what it once was.

I'm also one of the people that had an RSC account, but was f2p and didn't get members until after my 6 months was up. I would love to play again, but if that means everyone else who never even cared got to play and cheat as well, then I may enjoy it for a little bit, but not as much if it was just a normal game. All I want to do is get back on and walk around and swim in the nostalgia for a little bit. I don't want to see people who started playing RS 2 years ago get on, talk about how much the game sucks, and then cheat their way into getting high levels and good items.

I think Jagex should just open up RSC to all people who had accounts and were never banned from the game, but were not able to (or forgot to) play for 6 months. I just want to mine coal and turn it into certs and sleep in a sleeping bag and have little stars represent my arrows that I fire. I don't want the game to be spoiled by the little kids that play RS today :\

Seems like they are putting this off.. and like it will never happen. <.<

Nah, i think the penny finally dropped with them - They cannot close down all of the private servers trading off their good name - Only way to put them out of business is to put themselves back in business.

If it were down to me they would simply re-set RSC to the stats people were when RS2 was released (Sorry arc i know that screws you over) but the majority of the people that levelled after RS2 did so with an auto.

I don't know whether or not they even have the data any longer - What they cannot do is restart everyone from lvl 3 again lol.. I just wouldn't bother.

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I would play RSC for sure, only for stats to be re set as Adx1 previously mentioned. I for one leveled fairly and never once cheated on my main. I was legit, and find it stupid for the autoers and people who had came into the game after most big names had quit, and thought to themselves as a legend or a big time pker for killing the 3 people who still pked.

Meili I saw you on p2p if that was really you, your right though it's truely filled with all immature little kids now. Runescape had always been that way, but not one person has anything remotely intelligent to say, nor do they know what the word "intelligent" even means. However, to me I find it fun, but I can only take little kids who were level 50s when I was 118 selling me rune when I needed it on server 1 in Varrock. Now they are big shots because you can get flats in an hour! It's funny to see old schoolers come back, and I pk with them and see how bad we own these kids lol.

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

I would play RSC for sure, only for stats to be re set as Adx1 previously mentioned. I for one leveled fairly and never once cheated on my main. I was legit, and find it stupid for the autoers and people who had came into the game after most big names had quit, and thought to themselves as a legend or a big time pker for killing the 3 people who still pked.

Meili I saw you on p2p if that was really you, your right though it's truely filled with all immature little kids now. Runescape had always been that way, but not one person has anything remotely intelligent to say, nor do they know what the word "intelligent" even means. However, to me I find it fun, but I can only take little kids who were level 50s when I was 118 selling me rune when I needed it on server 1 in Varrock. Now they are big shots because you can get flats in an hour! It's funny to see old schoolers come back, and I pk with them and see how bad we own these kids lol.

Like on Sunday lol:

Adx1: Who's not friend? Who can i attack?

Thugpimp: Any here

Adx1: K ima get the 121 west

Thugpimp: Where?

Adx1: Nvm i've 3 hit him :P

Just like RSC lol :P Sad thing is that doesn't happen everytime lol - What makes me laugh is people used to say i pked with a team all the time.. Agreed i did sometimes but my team generally consisted of Me n Sue lol.. On this game there's 123's that won't go to wildy without 4 people... And shout owned haha :)

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I play p2p also. Low Fighter and I were pking last night and I noticed that there's basically 4 types of people on that server:

1. People who play level 41 and border fight with a huge team.

2. People who play level 118-123 and only fight with a huge team.

3. People who prayer beast with 99 1 99 which is just boring.

4. The old school guys who know what they're doing, but yet told they're 'noobs' and 'owned' because they don't decide to fight 4v1 against ibanners and another 3 with fire waves.

Not a bad server, but slightly peeves me off the amount of immature morons on that server. Especially the tards on the forums that just spam typing '+1' in EVERY post of theirs and spam that global chat with 'hahaha you got 3 hit n00b!'

*Facepalm* :wall:

Rs1 - X dsp x (84 pure plate) - Retired a long time ago

Lol Ad that is because you and Sue Me were like an army!

You + Sue Me - I bet they ran away at once.

Yes Thug that was me. No one would bother to impersonate me I am not well known in those kinds of communities. It makes me laugh when people go on and say they were famous pkers but they have no idea who I am. Hello, delusional, much? I think they mean they are famous level 1 pkers or something weird like that.

Meh P2P is really laggy for me and some guy hit 35 35 dead on me. Wtf is that? Lol you would hardly hit that well on rsc all the time.

Adx that was funny. These kids not only come in teams, but come with only 3 items and run on site of me lol. You can tell who was a pker back in the day, and who was not.

Your right Meili, not only does the server have a huge lag, but the cb system is so messed up lol. I never been 3 hit on that server, but I 3 hit all the time. I don't know why but I do it. Also catching is unbelievable. There is no possible way to miss catches, yet these kids are out practicing as if there is a real reason to do so. You just click the person and their caught, there is no more of the logging in and out like rsc to see if I have catch or not, I already know everybody in the server has it lol

I'll chat with any pregnant women over the age of 40 who practices Buhhdism. That is all.

I play p2p also. Low Fighter and I were pking last night and I noticed that there's basically 4 types of people on that server:

1. People who play level 41 and border fight with a huge team.

2. People who play level 118-123 and only fight with a huge team.

3. People who prayer beast with 99 1 99 which is just boring.

4. The old school guys who know what they're doing, but yet told they're 'noobs' and 'owned' because they don't decide to fight 4v1 against ibanners and another 3 with fire waves.

Not a bad server, but slightly peeves me off the amount of immature morons on that server. Especially the tards on the forums that just spam typing '+1' in EVERY post of theirs and spam that global chat with 'hahaha you got 3 hit n00b!'

*Facepalm* :wall:

You and Low add me (adx1, ad ex one or adx jr) I've decided i don't like any new people.. Only RSC'ers.. They have no pking etiquette or anything lol.

Some 122 3 hit a friend in game so i attacked him on jr (106) and wouldn't let him get away.. Wrecked all his food.. friend came back and shot once with mage n stole kill - Didn't share! If ida realised that i'da attacked him too... That's just not the way RSC was lol.

Anyway.. It's like Me, Zorro, Kryptix n DSM atm - more the merrier though lol :P happy to team against the newschool newbs.

Thats not even to mention the fact there's no tactics in their pking because they're all after the kill lol (maybe none of them share?) when we pk we've got ppl covering different directions.. They all stand south n wait for red bar to mage lol.. it's hilarious

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Thats not even to mention the fact there's no tactics in their pking because they're all after the kill lol (maybe none of them share?) when we pk we've got ppl covering different directions.. They all stand south n wait for red bar to mage lol.. it's hilarious

I miss it when I'm online when you 'n Zorro ain't. I went out for a trip this afternoon and got joined by Kingmz, Hook and some others. I attacked this 119 and faught him for 10 minutes using near 60 bloods, got him to no (or low) food and he began his retreat. They noticed he was low so about 4 of them stood between us (preventing me from maging properly), and attempted to beat me to the catch. I beat them 4 or 5 times, and on the last catch someone got there before me. All of them were maging and obviously I didn't get the kill. I took off 15+ food so I stood there waiting for the armour to be traded to me, but sure enough I got nothing. :lol:

...and like you say, I watched them (attempt) to kill someone else. I was covering south, and all of them stood in the middle. The guy getting attack ran north west and instantly got away as they all missed the catch and no-one was covering north despite me typing to do so several times.

Me, you 'n Zorro seem to just 'work' -- one fighting, one north, one south, you're not getting away! :lol:

I invited a few people to come and play with us (like Da Str Pka and Deadskinmask), but if anyone else fancies hopping on feel free to give one of us a PM. We all got to 120 combat in an evening or so, and no-doubt we'll all chip in to get you started off.

I'll add you when I'm next on tomorrow, Adx.

If anyone is interested in the server, it's insane xp. I managed to get from 40 40 60 prayer 1, mage 1 to 99 99 99 prayer 76, mage 85 in a day, so training is no hassle if you're lazy (I'm officially the laziest trainer ever).

Rs1 - X dsp x (84 pure plate) - Retired a long time ago

• 2 weeks later...

Me and Drew have talked this over. We're looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'll miss the challenge of actually leveling my character up tirelessly at 2 A.M. in the morning, as I so vigorously (not really, my training methods usually sucked) did in the early days of RSC.

I guess I'll get my fair share of nostalgia. Although I still have an active classic account.. It's just not the same with so little people actually playing on both Classic 1 & 2. The majority are either botting on multiple accounts, or..As I noticed, arguing about staking in Lumbridge. It's odd to see no one staking in Draynor anymore..

Anyway, I'll end this post with a fare-well.

Post-script; I don't come on tip.it forums much, only came on to check what was going in the RSC section.

Probably won't be back for another 5 months or so.

G