Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Here we go again. SwiftKit illegal to use

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

123_x_pac
[ Display Name History ]

123_x_pac

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,731 posts
I thought Jagex already said it was legal>.>
League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.league...1778d2633364408
"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"
Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows
99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

xpandax
[ Display Name History ]

xpandax

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
this is so stupid... they determined years ago that ss wasn't a danger to them whatsoever... last time all ss had to do to become "legal" was to remove direct links to specific servers. ss doesn't change or even interact with the code of the actual game, it's really just a client within a client... I guess they figured since people are pking again they wanted to annoy pkers again by making the fastest way of looking someone up illegal :roll:
Posted Image

Numberkills
[ Display Name History ]

Numberkills

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Number Kills
So if a J-Mod sees one of my screenshots with SK tag on it, I'm up for ban?

lame.
Posted Image

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||
122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||
16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

sadukar123
[ Display Name History ]

sadukar123

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • RSN:Sadukar123
  • Clan:Blood Vipers
HEY GUYS, NO WINDOWS, IT'S THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Drops:
Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1
Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3
Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity
I think someone needs to go find the quote with Jagex saying it was legal. Personally, I think mod Seven is full of [cabbage] and doesn't know what he's talking about. There are so many Jagex mods now I feel like they lose communication sometime. This could just be a situation where he never got the memo. lol.

And I don't care. I'm still using SwiftKit. Ban me, Jagex. Do it. Lose a customer of four years because you want to place a pointless rule in the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp

Who cares, I see no benefits to using SS. RS has just about everything SS has now.

Quicklinks? High scores barely an inch away? MP3 player? IRC Built in? Calculators? Timers and Stopwatches? Notepad?

No?

Allright.

Quicklinks? Download the quicklink add-on to Mozilla Firefox.

Highscores? Who cares what rank you are in a skill, you can still see how far you are from a level in game.

MP3 player? Try iTunes.

IRC? Clan chat.

Calculators? Tip.it.

Timers? Worthless.

Notepad? Your computer comes with that.

But its so much more convenient to have it one click away, than having to go through alot of stuff or have other windows open, being able to do everything while playing is what makes people use SK.

Like an in-car radio, you dont NEED it, you can use your own radio, but it makes it so much easier having it built in.

Personally, as with last time, i doubt this mod knows what they are talking about, or it will get overturned again very soon, hell, i'm not going to remove SK. SK provides no in-game advantages over others, and its so obvious that it isn't a security risk, i'd estimate at least 10k people use Sk, and thats a low estimate, if it was going to be a security risk, it would easily be known.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts
I'm still gonna use it... most J-Mods other than Paul and Andrew don't know what they're talking about.

77yLQy8.png

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I think someone needs to go find the quote with Jagex saying it was legal. Personally, I think mod Seven is full of [cabbage] and doesn't know what he's talking about. There are so many Jagex mods now I feel like they lose communication sometime. This could just be a situation where he never got the memo. lol.

And I don't care. I'm still using SwiftKit. Ban me, Jagex. Do it. Lose a customer of four years because you want to place a pointless rule in the game.

Word.

And Jagex doesn't even state what's so dangerous about using Sk (besides losing your account due to a virus, keylogger, etc., but many users haven't had the problem for the past year...).

Unless they edit their message and state what's so "dis-advantageous" about Sk, users will continue to use it.
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

Numberkills
[ Display Name History ]

Numberkills

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • RSN:Number Kills
Not only that, but doesn't EVERY SINGLE PLAYER have equal access to SK?

C'mon Jagex, step your game up.
Posted Image

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||
122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||
16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

bored321
[ Display Name History ]

bored321

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  • RSN:Tera
Either way, if you decide to carry on using it, its near on impossible for them to find out unless you post screenies. #-o

I'm happy with firefox and microhelper anyway.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Scouterzach1
[ Display Name History ]

Scouterzach1

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • RSN:Scouterzach1
  • Clan:GWDA, SODB, PKM
If you should ban swiftkit, ban IE and firefox because they are "3rd party"

Just because a jagex mod comes out and says swiftkit is illegal means im going to stop using it, no im not, it will take a front page post to make me consider it.

There is no basis to say that Swiftkit links directly to game worlds like SwiftSwitch did.

Ive used both and I see why SwiftSwitch was banned. This is very petty to ban something if it doesnt violate anything.

Current Goals:
96/99 Dungeoneering
2300+/2496 total

Yelloweyejj
[ Display Name History ]

Yelloweyejj

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 8 posts

If no third party software is allowed, does that mean no firefox?

That's sure what it sounds like. It also sounds like some major mixed up priorities on Jagex's side.

squig
[ Display Name History ]

squig

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • RSN:Squigtime
bull [cabbage]

ash44455666
[ Display Name History ]

ash44455666

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
in b4 riot

There's not many posts on here atm, but I haven't bothered reading them [yet]. Just want to say I'm getting a little tired of Jagex's annoying persistence with this kind of stuff.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
I'll just program my own damn client. Suck on that Jagex!

This is stupid. Maybe Strider can release the source code to Jagex for them to look over each update? This way, Jagex can be sure that SK is safe. But then ago,

and dont say Strider could re-upload it with malicious code etc....

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555
I really doubt they are going to ban 100,000+ Players cause Mod seven is full of [cabbage] and he doesn't know what he's talking about. I will gladly continue to use SK.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

sa121
[ Display Name History ]

sa121

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 684 posts
I can't believe they're making this mistake again. Esp. with Mod MMG as the current CEO; he seems to know much more than previous CEOs about players' feelings towards this kinda stuff. Chances are that the mods had no clue what they were talking about though.
R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite
Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This
My Pk Gallery
Posted Image
GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med
TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece
99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009
First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon
Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.
Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Rsslayer96
[ Display Name History ]

Rsslayer96

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts
O no....Swiftkit is illegal to use. What am I going to do? I know, I'll be a badass just like everyone else and use it anyways.

ash44455666
[ Display Name History ]

ash44455666

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 7 posts

Personally, I think mod Seven is full of [cabbage] and doesn't know what he's talking about. There are so many Jagex mods now I feel like they lose communication sometime. This could just be a situation where he never got the memo. lol.

Posted Image

Doubtful.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
wait, they call it "Swift Kit" in the post.... Its actually called "SwiftKit" therfore, through a loophole in their failure system, we can use Swiftkit, but not "Swift Kit".

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users