Here we go again. SwiftKit illegal to use

Earth_Poet

Joy of Joys. This has decided to rear its ugly head again.

Like hell am I getting off SK because of Jagex' irrational preference when it comes to 3rd party clients.

Its called convenience, not advantage.So yes, Jagex, ban everyone that uses SwiftKit. Go ahead. Do it, its not like killing hundereds of (mostly)mature players will affect your profits or the games community, is it? Oh wait.....

Edit:

Sometimes I wonder if Jagex' left hand knows what the right is doing.

For gods sake. Call a meeting or something, don't just leave your players in the dark and cause an utter panic....

2Xeo5.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I dislike SwiftKit users, seeing as the majority of them are pures.

This may not apply to everyone, but I've noticed almost all SwiftKit users are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant sons of [bleep].

Sorry, but i have to dismiss this, i know maybe one pure? and i know tons of people who use SK, i've never heard this thing of pures using SK before, not sure were this is coming from.

Also, to people saying, just open up other windows etc, thats the whole point, you don't have to open things up, its there, one click away, thats the point of convenience.

I'm with you on this, I use swiftkit, and I'm not a pure. I find pures to be stupid anyway, I mean if you ever intend to max out the character you obviously can't stay a pure. Anyway, I don't think I even know any pures. Then again I'm not really the type to make "runescape friends"

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

This may not apply to everyone, but I've noticed almost all SwiftKit users are a bunch of self-centered, arrogant sons of [bleep].

:?:

Pretty much all my friends use SwiftKit, and I don't know a single pure (despite my name), I hate them as well.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

QFC: 25-26-570-58882501

swiftkitscreenie.jpg

"Our policy is that no players will get into trouble for using SwiftKit." -Mod Stevew

There you go ::'

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Not surprised. The whole RS community goes haywire because of a J Mod post while they know that the same rules and policies still apply and nothings changed. Meh.

Look

Stop [bleep] saying legal and illegal.

It's stupid, and you all sound like idiots saying it. Nothing about runescape can be illegal(except maybe real world trading) because there are no LAWS involved.

Something can be against the rules, that doesn't make it illegal. You're not going to jail for breaking runescape rules. so stop calling it illegal. It's just pissing me off.

1il·le·gal

Function:

adjective

Etymology:

Middle French or Medieval Latin; Middle French illegal, from Medieval Latin illegalis, from Latin in- + legalis legal

Date:

: not according to or authorized by law : unlawful, illicit ; also : not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)

Nice one, [wagon].

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Look

It's stupid, and you all sound like idiots saying it. Nothing about runescape can be illegal(except maybe real world trading) because there are no LAWS involved.

Something can be against the rules, that doesn't make it illegal. You're not going to jail for breaking runescape rules. so stop calling it illegal. It's just pissing me off.

Ouch lol, bad day?

Of course we can talk about illegal and not illegal. We're talking about a game, so you need to see it in a games context. Illegal = you will get banned. Legal = you won't.

:-)

Look

Ouch lol, bad day?

Of course we can talk about illegal and not illegal. We're talking about a game, so you need to see it in a games context. Illegal = you will get banned. Legal = you won't.

il?le?gal??/??lig?l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lee-guhl]

adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

IRC? Clan chat.

Have you ever been on IRC even?

Doesn't sound like it.

Same could be said from like 99.9% of the swiftkit/swiftirc users - most of them haven't been to a real IRC network. (which respects the very first rule that IRC should be free).. Most of them don't even understand their own pc and how it connects with the network. - So for those IRC won't be a real advantage...

Now the other thing I like to mention is that it DOES matter if swiftkit would (or would not) be allowed. Not for those who use it, but because we should always strive to get at the internet as much freedom as possible!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Nice generalisation. The first thing you ask someone on Rs is whether they use SiftKit?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

You really do talk alot of [cabbage].

I'm not suprised this has happened in the slightest, but I really do wish Jagex would make up their minds. I have no problem not using third party software, but I wish they could simply stick to what they said before.

I think SK is much more convenient - and it's a pain in the arse to open 12 windows when you can have everything in 1. But it isn't really a big deal. SK doesn't make players any better - it just saves a few seconds here-and-there.

Please edit the title as it does not reflect current developments that you have already updated upon the body of the topic. Keeping it this way will just incite people who don't RTFA.

A J Mod screwed up and get abolished by his boss. Nothing to see here, move along.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

They can't detect who is using SK.

Also

Like hell I'm getting off SK.

And last but not least

Your extremely high level of stupidity really does make me laugh.

Zerker_jane.png

I'm pretty sure that there's little to no correlation between SK users and pures lol

Correct. The Swiftkit community consists of a random assortment of 'scapers, and not just mainly a certain group.

2Xeo5.png

Please edit the title as it does not reflect current developments that you have already updated upon the body of the topic. Keeping it this way will just incite people who don't RTFA.

A J Mod screwed up and get abolished by his boss. Nothing to see here, move along.

I made this post 2 days ago, and at that time it DID reflect what was going on, but you are right. I'm hesitant about changing the title, as that might make people think this is a new thread.

If a mod decides this topic has run its course, then I'm cool with them locking it.

Another issue is I haven't seen this "official statement" either. I saw another Jmod post saying Swiftkit is okay to use. One said it isn't and another said it is.

rssig2.png

really? 3rd party, who cares it's not like they're claiming its their's. It's a device to help runescapers in-game to use different tools to make the game a lot easier, instead of wasting time opening like 5 tabs, starting to lag, and listening to music, even worse.

swiftkit should be legal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSdHU5X8I0

watch that please, it is my first tehnoobshow style vid!! ^^ :thumbsup:

Current Goals

99 Attack

85 Strength

99 Fletching and Cooking

weather1345 ^^

Look

Ouch lol, bad day?

il?le?gal??/??lig?l/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-lee-guhl]

adjective

1. forbidden by law or statute.

2. contrary to or forbidden by official rules, regulations, etc.: The referee ruled that it was an illegal forward pass.

Very nice smartass, you've just showed your complete lack of understanding.

Next time, when there's a topic about gaining experience in skills, why don't you post a definition of experience too. I'm sure it won't include "clicking a yew tree and getting a log".

...? bedman's post was relevant

though he should have simply quoted magzar, as his post offered contrary evidence to magzar's opinion.

fishing.gif