11th June 2009 - Macro-detection systems update

Mil

This is mostly BS tbh.

If their macro detection was so powerful we'd have no need for random events.

But, if there were no random events, there would be WAY too many pissed people because they couldn't get costumes, emotes, etc. And anyways, there are always new macros being made, so when that happens and they don't detect it they need to cover that with randoms.

The randoms were a bad idea in the first place. They annoyed players and rarely set back macroers. In fact, practically every update intended to stop macroers has negatively impacted players more than macroers.

Anyone remember the pure ess split? Caused Runecrafting in members to skyrocket, as well as removing a way for lower levels to make money. Also had the side effect of increasing the number of gold farmers in PtP.

Before all this was fatigue. How well did that work out, again?

And now we have this garbage. Already their flawless system has falsely netted the THIRD player in the highscores. No chance to appeal and the fact that they ban ALL your accounts means you can't go to the forums to plead your case or tell others. Heck, Lucipher was lucky because he was such a high level and had friends who could do so for him. But what if you're only a level 56 with 859 total skill levels with a full year of membership? Who's going to defend you?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IBot, NeXus and RSBot all use BCEL and users will be banned.

SCAR says it doesn't use BCEL but I doubt that.

A-R-Y-A-N died long ago (why is this censored?).

The next generation bot, RID, is according to its makers undetectable. It is however also very expensive.

I know these facts from browsing random forums. I have never used a bot myself.

Lol SCAR using BCEL... And RIB isn't a next generation bot, it has been around for a while now. And BCEL does not inherently make a bot detectable... And I think its proof enough that not everyone that used RSBot is banned, either Jagex is still collecting accounts to do one huge ban or their system is not as good as they claim to be. RSBot has almost 40k active members on their forums, if even only 10% of that active number botted then we should have seen atleast 4k bots banned. 400 or 500 accounts banned is small. Though, hey I could be wrong, they could have updated their system and tomorrow I may just wake up to read " 40,000 accounts banned". But I am skeptical.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

sooo

i just started wondering , can they detect auto alchers?

I was standing next to some guy , 3 mounths ago.

And is autoalching unfair?

yes they can detect it. my friend tried doing it once, he got 50k exp and got a temp ban for it.

They failed at detecting the one I wrote for a 'friend'. He got hundreds of thousands of XP. Perhaps I'm just a far better programmer than most of them.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

All I know about macro detection is I remember back in the day of rsc if you clicked at a very even speed (like exactly once per second or so - manually) for like 15 seconds or so you'd get automatically logged off :P It was fun to do you had to be like EXACT :P

alot of forum users have a stratling amount of knowledge about the botting..

"blah blah [Caution] blah blah scar..something blah blah blah..but i dont auto" -- yeah who you kidding kido, it think this whole thread sohuld be locked to be honest, cause it may lead to kiddies typing these words in on google (adverstising boting sites), and the discussion value i find is quite dry.

We're discussing the anti-macro update, you crazy person.

I haven't seen some person try and recommend a site or whatever so far. And if you find the discussion dry, why post?!?

Personally, I find it nice to see people supporting Jagex's updates. This seems to be one update everyone's supporting.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Yeah Im saying that people sohuld not be talking about the exact programs, this sohuld not be allowed, cause it in a way is advertising the website/forum, i know this is not intentional but i dont like it.
You may not like it, but it does help the discussion. By bringing up these examples and how effective the counter attack was we can build an argument for either side either A. that Jagex caught them all with no innocents in the crossfire and is therefore being truthful making this a very good update, or B. that they didn't catch them all or did catch innocents in the crossfire making this a very bad update.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Raven thats a good way of looking at it. i for once will admit I am wrong and take back my prior comments. You see I read everything on everypage and it pretty much seemed like 1001 facts about autoing, and in the last 10mins of reading it i learnt more than i have in my 7years of Runescape. I now see that this was for good intentions, so ill edit and remove the prior posts.

After reading this thread I search scar and visited the forums and read their "general forum" they are split up into two sides. One side is confident that their "scripts" or something are still undetectable, the other side are trembling aobut the prospect of getting banned.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Raven thats a good way of looking at it. i for once will admit I am wrong and take back my prior comments. You see I read everything on everypage and it pretty much seemed like 1001 facts about autoing, and in the last 10mins of reading it i learnt more than i have in my 7years of Runescape. I now see that this was for good intentions, so ill edit and remove the prior posts.

After reading this thread I search scar and visited the forums and read their "general forum" they are split up into two sides. One side is confident that their "scripts" or something are still undetectable, the other side are trembling aobut the prospect of getting banned.

the most popular bots site is worse, they are still making new topics about it . But that community has always been filled with immature kids because of how easy it is to use, access and its good reliability. Wether Jagex actually updated they just totally wrecked a lot of peoples opinion on the safeness of bots.

And about this topic possibly advertising bots... You may look at it like that, but if anyone wants to cheat on RS they are going to find it because they are determined.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Why the hell would you remove appeals?!?!?!?! Appeals are for telling Jagex they made a mistake, IF (and they have) made a mistake in banning a player for macroing, they would have no way of telling or notifiying Jagex. GREAT IDEA. Real genius.

I mean... Jagex never made the best decisions, but....

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No witty signatures for me :(

Why the hell would you remove appeals?!?!?!?! Appeals are for telling Jagex they made a mistake, IF (and they have) made a mistake in banning a player for macroing, they would have no way of telling or notifiying Jagex. GREAT IDEA. Real genius.

I mean... Jagex never made the best decisions, but....

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Exactly. People act as though it's a sign of Jagex "Cracking down", but there was not auto-unban if you appealed. It was hard enough to get them to acknowledge a mistake WITH appeals, imagine without. This doesn't change things for bots, just screws over unfairly banned people even more.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Using mousekeys is macroing as well...No wonder one gets banned cause that.

Someone said before that Jagex said using mousekeys is not against rules. Where they said that?! I can't believe...It is as well ike saying "autotyping is ok" wich is not...

aure22.png

Someone said before that Jagex said using mousekeys is not against rules. Where they said that?! I can't believe...It is as well ike saying "autotyping is ok" wich is not...

Well you should believe it. I strongly recall seeing it on their forum, from a mod.

And no, Mousekeys are not the same as macroing, because there is still user interaction throughout the entire process.

You're still the one moving the cursor, not a computer program or machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well it seems like they made it detect too much and falsely detect a lot of people. I logged in today for the first time in about 4 days or so and I had a 2 week ban. The odd thing was the date it gave I wasn't even online.

I have never macrod, never even tested one out on a noob or anything. Submitted an appeal for it, hopefully Jagex realizes the mistake they made.

After talking around, it seems like I wasn't the only one who got unfairly banned. It seems to have happened to quite a few people and most of them were 2 weeks even after Jagex said anyone suspected of macroing would get an instant perm ban.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Do you think it's dangerous if I have some macros implemented for flight simulator and I accidentaly pushed one the other day?

It was like "qwx " or something like that.

Note that I'm playing on a g15.

Sorry if it's an idiot question, but reading this made me think about it.

WarBlastoise.png