Possible hint to more planes of existance?

sarg1010

I was slaying in the Pollnivneach Dungeon when I noticed this...

pollnivdungeon2.jpg

It looks somewhat like a portal.

pollnivdungeon.jpg

Any ideas or theories about what this might mean for future lands? It's on the second floor of the dungeon if you want to see it :P I don't think this was mentioned in Smoking Kills though :-k

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Looks like the Twilight Mirror from Zelda, if you ask me.

Will most likely be linked to the next quest involving Summona, isn't she a god or something, so she will probably summon something very pwoerful through it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Will most likely be linked to the next quest involving Summona, isn't she a god or something, so she will probably summon something very pwoerful through it.

She is the Devourer or something... And that ring is pretty small, so it can't be too much trouble... right :ohnoes:

Isn't it supposed to be some sort of 'monster maker'?

This.

If you examine things around it there parts of a machine to create monsters.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Isn't it supposed to be some sort of 'monster maker'?

This.

If you examine things around it there parts of a machine to create monsters.

It does say "it is possibly used to make monsters", but that doesn't mean it's not a portal to somewhere else :P The monsters could come from a different dimension (sp?)

They look simular to the Rubium Ore (from kenniths concerns) and the Salve Crystals. Both of which are on opposite ends of the good-evil side. (Salve - Sara, Rubium - the "Slug Queen")

Popoto.~<3

i never noticed it there.... :shock:

Lol, I never noticed it there either. I've slayed Abby Specs there a few times, yet never saw it :lol:

I think Sumona, AKA The Devourer, will summon something with it. Something evil. Something demonic. :ohnoes:

Darkman_X_99.png

Darkman_X_99.png

99 WC - 12/20/08! =D

99 Defence - 6/19/09! 44,012 to reach it!

Aiming for 2000 Total Lvl!

When Smoking Kills first came out, there was already a thread about this stranger portal. However it was realy talked aobut much (reached 2-3 pages) and i find it really interesting to know what it is.

When im slaying those spectres with my badboy cannon it kind of seems like the abarant spectres were like staff in a science lab and the something has come through a portal and killed them, and the mystical properties of the machine has turned them into evil., undead spectres...

...thats just what i get the impression (very doom 2 i know)

And if it is not some kind of transdimensional portal from fransakee, it can only be one more thing:

This portal is a portal back to the black hole from classic in 2001. OMG wouldnt that be the coolest?!!!!!!!!!!! BEST UPDATE EVER IF YOU COULD GO BACK FOR A QUEST! OMG IM REALLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

When Smoking Kills first came out, there was already a thread about this stranger portal. However it was realy talked aobut much (reached 2-3 pages) and i find it really interesting to know what it is.

When im slaying those spectres with my badboy cannon it kind of seems like the abarant spectres were like staff in a science lab and the something has come through a portal and killed them, and the mystical properties of the machine has turned them into evil., undead spectres...

...thats just what i get the impression (very doom 2 i know)

And if it is not some kind of transdimensional portal from fransakee, it can only be one more thing:

This portal is a portal back to the black hole from classic in 2001. OMG wouldnt that be the coolest?!!!!!!!!!!! BEST UPDATE EVER IF YOU COULD GO BACK FOR A QUEST! OMG IM REALLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW

Lulz. I miss the black hole. No one gave a damn about it until it was gone. I bet 95% of players don't even know where it was.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

pollnivdungeon.jpg

Any ideas or theories about what this might mean for future lands?

It reminds me of:

[hide=this]f_stargate1m_c5a1364.png

It's a stargate :mrgreen:[/hide]

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Truth be told, I thought that we could safely assume the existence of multiple planes after we learned:

- Goraks were from another plane

- Practically all other races were from another plane

- The Gods were from another plane

...Need I go on?

Anyway, I saw that contraption down there, and I assumed that it was used to create all the dust, smoke, and the Abberants. Of course, that does nothing to explain how they got to the Slayer Tower...but I didn't think much more of it outside of some monster creator.

And yes, Sumona/Devourer is involved. I can't explain why, but I believe so.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

And the smell? :-k

Popoto.~<3