Ghosts in the Grand Exchange

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mater what people say, there will always be people who believe that there are ghosts in the Ge. :roll:

we all know it's a rumor. well, back to slaying pryerfiends. still no flare sword drop... am i doing it wrong?

[hide=]:roll:[/hide]

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

090627194204.png

:ohnoes:

i know its not but it kind of looks like a dragonkin in the shadows without the right arm in the picture of that ghost.... its definitely another player

Its definitely a ghost. Ooh spooky!eekarf

Show us the minimap :s

090627194207h.png

This is from another pic I took of it.

That last picture creeped me out! There is no way that was either a player or a npc. Firstly, there's no yellow/white dot on the minimap. Secondly, the face is completely erased. Like, compeltely gone.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

@SheepiTails: There is a yellow dot actually. Look closely at the very north of the minimap. You can see a yellow dot.

Now things get really interesting. The only NPC at the north-west of the GE, is Hofuthand.

iyescj.jpg

2yowg08.jpg

They definitely look nothing like each other.

So... we have a ghost at the GE, doing the Zombie Dance emote? :-k

@SheepiTails: There is a yellow dot actually. Look closely at the very north of the minimap. You can see a yellow dot.

Now things get really interesting. The only NPC at the north-west of the GE, is Hofuthand.

iyescj.jpg

2yowg08.jpg

Hofuthand was several squares behind the "ghost". In the minimap you can see a little bit more than you can on the bigscreen, so something that close to the edge would not be visible on the bigscreen.

iyescj.jpg

2yowg08.jpg

Hofuthand was several squares behind the "ghost". In the minimap you can see a little bit more than you can on the bigscreen, so something that close to the edge would not be visible on the bigscreen.

I have to disagree with you. Take a look at my example.

[hide=Example]examplef.png[/hide]

You can see Aggie's house, even though it doesn't appear on the minimap yet.

iyescj.jpg

2yowg08.jpg

I have to disagree with you. Take a look at my example.

[hide=Example]examplef.png[/hide]

You can see Aggie's house, even though it doesn't appear on the minimap yet.

You can see the bar on the minimap, but not on the actual screen.

It's the Ghosts of Merchanter's past. :lol: Has anyone tried to run there and talk to them with ghost speak ammy and ring of visibility? :?

We barely even have a confirmed sighting, and not even that much according to the skeptics. A better question would be are they even selectable?

2dgucz6.png

it would seem sumondskull has found the ghost unintentionally!

left on the edge of the screen is a translucent figure!

25z5bw6.png

This looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

16185_s.gif

:lol:

i did catch a ghost he is near the end of the vid and he is in leiderhosen

if you look close enough you can see him tele w/o the blue ring that appears around you when u tele so its a ge glitch sadly :^o

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

:lol:

i did catch a ghost he is near the end of the vid and he is in leiderhosen

if you look close enough you can see him tele w/o the blue ring that appears around you when u tele so its a ge glitch sadly :^o

I think that is just a player, about the previous screenshots i'm still unsure :s

All the screenshots are clearly a player just in the edge of vision.

Why?

1) They all look like ghostly robes doing various things

2) Players DO fade into the fog and get a bit greyed over

3) add fade to the transparency of the ghostly robes and you got tht kind of look

4) As for the mini-map, you all seem to neglect one key thing. The GE is HUGELY busy, what do we all know abouyt hugely busy areas, such as fally park used to be? The map can only deal with so many players so you often end up with a circular area of players around you showing on the map, while the outer reaches of the map, despite clearly having players in, show as blank.

Pretty obvious really, get a player in ghostly robes in the fog so they partially fade, they will look even more see through than usual.

Couple this with crowds at ge causing the map to cut off players to compensate for lag and you can easily get a "ghost" standing beside an npc, that can be seen on map, without them having a white dot.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=Napalm_Death]

it would seem sumondskull has found the ghost unintentionally!

left on the edge of the screen is a translucent figure!

25z5bw6.png

This looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

[/hide]

strange you seem to have left out my last line of text;

[hide=close up on the last line that conveniently was not quoted (even go back a page and check)]ifakedtbh[/hide]

learn2read

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

4) As for the mini-map, you all seem to neglect one key thing. The GE is HUGELY busy, what do we all know abouyt hugely busy areas, such as fally park used to be? The map can only deal with so many players so you often end up with a circular area of players around you showing on the map, while the outer reaches of the map, despite clearly having players in, show as blank.

I know what you're saying, but there aren't enough players to create that. Even if there were, most of them are in the middle, standing on each other and whatnot, so the outer area would have plenty of #@$#!~#~! to show the ghost on the minimap.Maybe its just jagex making fun of MJ and paying no respect to him. (I didn't know the word so I used #@$#!~#~!, if you know the word pm me so I can fix it :wall: )

Edit: And to Mckinzy, emotes are basically 2 things going on at the same time. You have what the actual player is doing, and the props. Have you ever seen someone in the ge do a complex emote? You don't see what you usually see, besides the player. In order to reduce lag in a crowded area the props part is removed. This holds true for teleports. You only see someone fly up, and the props (the blue ring thing) is removed. What you saw was no ghost.

The pics with the minimap + ghost can easily be faked. The minimap dot can be cropped off on even simple programs such as ms paint.

:lol: :lol: :lol: u found out btw there re no ghosts it is still just a tele glitch that appears as a ghost -.-

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I know what you're saying, but there aren't enough players to create that. Even if there were, most of them are in the middle, standing on each other and whatnot, so the outer area would have plenty of #@$#!~#~! to show the ghost on the minimap.Maybe its just jagex making fun of MJ and paying no respect to him. (I didn't know the word so I used #@$#!~#~!, if you know the word pm me so I can fix it :wall: )

Edit: And to Mckinzy, emotes are basically 2 things going on at the same time. You have what the actual player is doing, and the props. Have you ever seen someone in the ge do a complex emote? You don't see what you usually see, besides the player. In order to reduce lag in a crowded area the props part is removed. This holds true for teleports. You only see someone fly up, and the props (the blue ring thing) is removed. What you saw was no ghost.

When players are on top of each other it still maps them all, so even if they are piled up it still has the same effect

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue