Ghosts in the Grand Exchange

Saradomin_Mage

After forgetting to bring a charged glory to the Death Altar, I had to do something else. (Home tele in 20 minutes ;_;) Like trawling through the RSOF, which led me to this topic:

Have you seen the ghosts?

I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed these things they're talking about? Apparently, all you need to do is stand around at the GE, and these things filter into existence for a small window of time.

And on page 2 of the thread, there is a post detailing a number of people who have seen these things.

Thoughts etc?

Edit:

Picture by Hedgehog1

[hide=Ghost, or player doing Zombie Dance?]090627194204.png

:ohnoes:[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be like those sightings of monsters by farming patches before summoning was released. Did anyone ever find out if those monsters had any correllation to summoning? I'm thinking that if these sightings are real, it might have to do with the trapdoor under the GE and lead into a new huge quest (not the dwarf one).

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Anyone remember [bleep]e?

Wasnt that something about a ghost?

I remember something about it, but not the big details.

Something that killed players around Crandor/Karamja or so, lol.

[bleep]e was a rumor, made up by RSOF people. [bleep]e never existed. And these "ghosts" are most likely made up by the same people, and don't exist either.

The Red Rev of rsof \'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Could be like those sightings of monsters by farming patches before summoning was released. Did anyone ever find out if those monsters had any correllation to summoning? I'm thinking that if these sightings are real, it might have to do with the trapdoor under the GE and lead into a new huge quest (not the dwarf one).

Apparently the monsters were Swamp titans, those evil turnip things etc.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Ghosts Ahoy Quest is a quest with a sailor/pirate....so i am guessing Sailing :thumbup:

On a serious note, no i have not seen any ghosts at G.E but then again i haven't paid much attention either.

I spend my entire RS life in the GE, sounds on etc.

I've never heard a single moan, or cry

nor seen anything - and I'm a very alert person.

It could've been as simple as this:

lolfail.png

Fog + NPCs =

Ghosts Ahoy Quest is a quest with a sailor/pirate....so i am guessing Sailing :thumbup:

SO TRUE OMG

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

The Red Rev of rsof \'

Lol i remember those both

But ghosts dont freak me out, merchants do

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Nah can't believe thiss, if they add moving NPCs and if they frequent they would make the game lagg, remember why some familiars weren't alloud in some poblated places like varrock, falador and ardougne, they where remove yes but they where there becouse they tought it would cause lagg, but now they removed it but it stills in GE.

So in my opinion is that the guy got freak out when a npc or someone in ghostly robes was near the Mist in HD then walked down to the mist so he couldn't see him anymore but it looked more ''transparent'' try it with any friend, i did it with the NPCs telling the prices at GE they look more ghostly.

EDIT: Dammit you took my theory!

spy2j.jpg

I think I saw one of these 'ghosts'. They are light-grey, and they appear for a very little time. No moaning yet, however. They have some kind of robes on (not ghostly, they are near transparent.) It fits most of the descriptions on the RSOF. This is interesting..

Pretty much done with rs now

I think I saw one of these 'ghosts'. They are light-grey, and they appear for a very little time. No moaning yet, however. They have some kind of robes on (not ghostly, they are near transparent.) It fits most of the descriptions on the RSOF. This is interesting..

go back to the rsof please

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

ghostt.png

ooh Look a ghost... Armour and weapon price checker :o :ohnoes:

[/thread]

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I was going to say that the Varrock sewers are home to ghosts and it could easily be a brief sprite glitch in which the ghosts appear above the surface.

I once appeared swimming through the south corridor on the ground floor of lumbridge castle while using the agility shortcut through the river between lumbridge swamps and al-kharid, so this is actualy possible. I wish I had a pic, but I was to stunned to get one.

Other valid theories include:

Fog + npc

Fog + players

Making up total BS. EX: [bleep]e

Using Acid

And Shrooms