Bikes

Craiglowery

Anyone here ride bicycles?

I just recently got into riding my bike again. My current bike is an old Specialized Rock Hopper, I bought the frame a couple months ago and I just finished fixing it up. I'll post pics later. I'm also building up an old Schwinn frame for road riding, just finished repainting the frame (sea green/white) I just need a new wheel set, cranks, and some bars and it will be complete.

I've also been getting into the fixed gear craze, I rode a fixie for the first time last week and now I realize why people love them so much. I'm thinking of getting an IRO or a Surly Steamroller, but my uncle is heading to japan for a couple of weeks and he's gonna check out some keirin frames for me, so hopefully I'll be fixing up one of those.

So talk about your ride, post pics, talk about your commute, ask questions about bikes. Go!

111-1.jpg

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my commute involves public busses, I can't drag my bike around town. That's why I skate ::'

To add to the conversation: why do so many city kids have bikes with around 2-3 shock absorbers? There's no point to having them unless you're going on a mud trail or something, and I know they never leave the city with their bikes.

hiccup.png

I ride 24" in skate parks/on dirt jumps.

I've got a Custom Revell, wethepeople cranks, odyssey sprocket (30T), trailblazer rigid forks, kona bars, revell frame, rising sun rims, DMR V8 pedals. All comes to about 25 pounds.

I'm not the greatest rider but I can air a fair few jumps, and I'm still learning.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

after i went to college i got into biking alot, found a 1974 Peugeot PX-10 road bike and decieded to adopt her. didn't do much to her during the school year, but now i got the summer, giving a wicked rasta themed paint job, new brakes, tires, chain, and biking tape, been alot of work so far, but when everything is finished, it will be amazing. trying to finish everything by july 12th for my first triathlon

To add to the conversation: why do so many city kids have bikes with around 2-3 shock absorbers? There's no point to having them unless you're going on a mud trail or something, and I know they never leave the city with their bikes.

i've been real mountain biking down a ski resort during the summer, and this is what the people there say about those bikes, those shocks are for show, and the bike would die in about 30sec if they took it to real mountain biking area. so to answer you question, its just to have a walmart bike to ride around, kuz spending the money on a real road bike would be a waste of money (i rented a bike from there shop btw)

legends2.jpg

I dont normally ride bikes unless Im going to a friends house.

I dont even know what kind I have, it just does the job.

:lol:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm thinking of buying a bike down the road when I have the money and can legally drive one.

Anyone have any suggestions on what a good first bike should be?

EDIT: seems as if people are talking about.. bicycles. :^o

The bicycle kind.

Been riding Dirtjumps and street for the last 2 years, sponsored by Dublin's best bike shop so I get some pretty cool discounts on good parts. Currently building up a new 24' bike. Going to cost around 2500 including discount :?

Frame: Tonic Fab Fallguy (Handbuilt in America, 800$ rougly)

Fork: Rockshox Argyle 409 (Getting custom colors for lowers)

Brake: Coalition U-brake

Bars, Cranks, grips, Saddle, = Deity

Pedals, Stem, Hubs = NS bikes

Tires = KHE Mac 2's

Chainring = Stolen Engagement ring (Gold)

Wheels = Ns Rotary front and back on Odyssey Harzardlites 24, Atomlab Titanium spokes.

Shop hooked me up with a special deal on the finishing kit with Deity and Ns bikes, so basically doing a combo of both for where each are better. Color scheme is black frame, white Bars, Cranks and Forks, Gold Hubs, chainring, stem, pedals. Going to be around 24-25 pounds I think, can't wait till it's finally ready.

Been riding Dirtjumps and street for the last 2 years, sponsored by Dublin's best bike shop so I get some pretty cool discounts on good parts. Currently building up a new 24' bike. Going to cost around 2500 including discount :?

Frame: Tonic Fab Fallguy (Handbuilt in America, 800$ rougly)

Fork: Rockshox Argyle 409 (Getting custom colors for lowers)

Brake: Coalition U-brake

Bars, Cranks, grips, Saddle, = Deity

Pedals, Stem, Hubs = NS bikes

Tires = KHE Mac 2's

Chainring = Stolen Engagement ring (Gold)

Wheels = Ns Rotary front and back on Odyssey Harzardlites 24, Atomlab Titanium spokes.

Shop hooked me up with a special deal on the finishing kit with Deity and Ns bikes, so basically doing a combo of both for where each are better. Color scheme is black frame, white Bars, Cranks and Forks, Gold Hubs, chainring, stem, pedals. Going to be around 24-25 pounds I think, can't wait till it's finally ready.

Sounds pretty solid. I want your discount =P~

My Revell is about 28 pounds. I love it to bits.

[hide=my bike]DBMX07_Joker_Brown-f.jpg[/hide]

A friend of mine has a diamondback. It's strong, but heavy. Very heavy. Almost as heavy as a mongoose.

Since my commute involves public busses, I can't drag my bike around town. That's why I skate ::'

Looks cool. Although technically I am a "city kid" with a bike with 2 shocks, though I mountain bike regularly.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Basically people think it will make the ride much better while instead they're getting a spring on a piston and 2 springs in some tubes which will add roughly 5-6 pounds minimum on the cheaper bikes, not to mention much needed money is spent on practically useless items (the suspension).

All you'll ever need for cycling around a city (legally) is slick tyres and a rigid bike, it's pretty comfortable, a lot faster, and the componentry is better for the same price.

I have some mountain bike with a whole load of gears and suspension on it. Pretty pointless for me... I only ever ride it rarely. I was actually thinking of cycling more often and perhaps purchasing a 'regular' mountain bike.

I think entry level ones are at £200ish pounds though, that's why I bought a cheapo one for £100 :(

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

[hide=my bike]DBMX07_Joker_Brown-f.jpg[/hide]

A friend of mine has a diamondback. It's strong, but heavy. Very heavy. Almost as heavy as a mongoose.

I have some Mongoose thing. I can't imagine it's a terribly advanced/good bike, but I rarely ride it. But this summer I've been riding around with friends more.

Speaking of which, just got mine back from the shop. I'll still be able to ride it on road but I need a new fork for $300, aka a new bike. I don't mountain bike as regularly as I would like so unfortunately I won't be getting a new one :cry:

Ps. My bike

[hide=]giant%20rincon%202008.jpg[/hide]

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yup, I go mountain biking every week in and around these: [hide=]imagehere[/hide]

That's a very pretty place ::'

Yeah, I love living in the mountains. I have lived in similar mountains in two totally different locations my whole life (Oregon and Western North Carolina, where I am now)

And on topic, my bikes:

[hide=Haro]flightline_comp.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Univega]4.jpg[/hide]

except mine are a more used looking :-#

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Which sort of bike are you referring to?

Well a Specialized Rock Hopper, the bike he mentioned in the original post, is a mountain bike, so I assume he means bicycles of any kind.

But if you got some Harley pics you want to share with us... 8-) That'd be cool too. :thumbup:

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Ah, biking, it's my life 8-)

I mainly dirt jump, and I ride a hunky Kona Cowan. Besides the fact its frame size is large, it's absolutely wonderful :thumbup:

This is mine:

n5281y.jpg

I've put new, white grips on. I had to put on new brakes, as my Hayes Nine broke, and the new ones have white cabling, and and far superior than Hayes. :mrgreen: New tires, and a new derailleur. :thumbup: I need a new back rim though, mines buckled and has about two flat spots in it :thumbdown: I'm going to single speed it soon, and then, buy a new frame, and possible new forks. :thumbup: Just because I can, here's me doing a jump. Only like a 2m gap, it's pretty tiny:

[hide=]2r3v3hs.jpg[/hide]

Also got a BMX, but it really is a hunk of junk. Selling it so I can buy parts :mrgreen:

And when I talk about frame size, I'm 6 foot 2, my bike is too big to throw around and do some tricks.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Nice bike Ouchy, new frame and SS could be a great upgrade though. Never really like Cowans tbh, geo on them just doesn't feel right not to mention they seem pretty big for DJ frames, last time I was on one I tryed an inverted table, didn't end well :lol: