Mining.

A_Gardener

I was doing a spot of mining earlier, when I wondered: what if Mining were like Woodcutting, in the way that each rock had more than one ore?

Some would argue that it'd make it easier, as rarer ores would be more readily available, etc. However, all Jagex would have to do is change the respawn rate, and this would eliminate the problem of "spot stealing".

What are your thoughts?

Mining has been the same for years and I think it should stay that way. It allows for competition, which is healthy and creates the best prices. If it became like woodcutting it was just be a lot of people piling one rune rock which could give 1-30 ores per respawn. Not a very good idea imo.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

If it started out like that, everything would be ok. However because the market of bolts, armor, and ores have revolved a slow rate of rare ores coming into the market, this sudden outburst of them would flip a good portion of the market.

Picture3-1-1-1.jpg

I was doing a spot of mining earlier, when I wondered: what if Mining were like Woodcutting, in the way that each rock had more than one ore?

Some would argue that it'd make it easier, as rarer ores would be more readily available, etc. However, all Jagex would have to do is change the respawn rate, and this would eliminate the problem of "spot stealing".

What are your thoughts?

Another variation. In previous runescape classic, we even had hard rocks and soft rocks. Giving fatique on a different rate. Even that update changed all the prices. If it were like woodcutting, prices would drop at a rate you cannot imagine.

It is a hard skill, lets keep it that way.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

it makes sense this way.

A tree generally will produce many logs if chopped down irl

A rock protrusion or vein, like those we have in rs to mine from generally yield a very small amount of ore, at msot enouhg to make about 1 standard bar, but usually less.

Therefore way rs is atm kinda makes sense.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

You should check my signature - Mining Sucks. I've addressed this problem, and I might move it to RSOF sometime later this month (when I finish a script to ease that transition). I do agree that a lot needs to happen to Mining before I'll ever smith back my Rune Pickaxes again.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No.

Stop trying to get rid of all RuneScape traditions. >_>

Anyways, what's the point of having two Woodcutting skills?

There should be variation between skills, so definitely no.

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

Tbh alot of skills have been nerfed in the past with rediculous xp rates, thieving was respected once upon a time, I used to respect all 99s before they gradually changed them all, I want mining to stay the same, people who want it to be like wc are just far too lazy may aswell make pure essence stackable if they screw over mining, and nukes for slayer.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

You can mine like woodcutting if you have the skills.

With an abyssal titan and a couple of clay tools you can do like 2k pure essence an hour for like 20k xp.

I have done it in the past its pretty relaxing.

Just click the titan's special to bank it all before your inventory fills and you'll never stop mining.

Kinda afkable like fishing, but you do need to click the titan every minute or so though.

Also, you'll need 2 pouches to last an hour because Jagex doesn't believe in having one of the few beneficial summons last any amount of time while other useless ones (Steam Titan, pony) won't go away.

Also, you can go mine shooting stars.

They take a bit of work to get too though and it won't last long if a bunch of people show up.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It would be a very big change (though it is actually quite small) as Mining as nearly always been the same. Although, Mining is boring tbh, if they just made it so lower rocks gave a few ores instead of a single one, or made it random, it would definitely make people Mine more...

Multiple ores per person? No.

Multiple ores per rock? Okay.

If iron has 8 ores, period, then the first person to click would start mining, if somebody else was mining, they would also get ores, but not as many as the first clicker. The first clicker would ALWAYS get the first ore.

copper/tin/clay: 10

iron 8

silver 8

coal 7

gold 4

mithril 4

adamanite 3

runite 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Or, it could be for instance, there is a chance that a rune rock would have 1-3 ores and(making numbers up here) if it had one ore, it would take 10 minutes to respawn. If it had 2, 20, and 3, 30. This time would be between the last time it was mined and the current time.

Goldflame.png

Multiple ores per person? No.

Yes. It's already that per moment. If both players "get" the ore on the same swing they both get it.

But I don't think they should change it to more than 1 ore (from what it is now) cause that'd take half the effort out of mining.

They do need to make mining more interesting in some way..

I'd think a nice idea would be something more like the coal trucks where you can put something like that from a remote site into a storage facility that puts it closer to a bank so you can keep mining without having to bank so much, then you get to mine more at one time. I like mining, but i hate having to bank in between inventories.

KingJD36.png