Dragon Bones Prices?

Jeffwilson99

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be driving the increase in dragon bones prices?

They recently hit over 3k, before the pvp update on the 15th, before dropping towards 2.5k. However,

after the lastest update, they are on the rise again...

I had plans of getting 70 prayer, which I figured would cost me around 3 mil, but I was shocked to see them rapidly rising a few weeks ago when I checked the prices.

I've been away from the game for a while, so I'm not really aware of what could be driving the prices so high. Does anyone have any clues?

rosssigfinal.jpg

I think with more money from pking coming into the economy, more people have more to spend, and one of the first skills people will invest in is 99 Prayer. There's probably a high demand for them and not enough supply to meet it.

It also means that 1 - 99 Prayer using d bones on the gilded altar will cost someone 145,000,000 GP. Ouch.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Since 26king came by, or more like, since the statuette update HUGE money came into economy (Of course, getting drops to sell to A NPC for HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY) this making everything rise, leaving the old good money making methods obsolete (You could make 20m+ a day with 26king if you got lucky, and the risk is minimal).

This has made everything go up, since the removal of safe items in pvp worlds, some things are collapsing, like dharok, no one wants to have the whole set to loose 3 pieces.

But Bandos, even though you lose it on death, it was always like that, people just wanted to keep claws, even though they'd do everything possible to save the bandos they still pj skulled with them.

Hope this solves your doubt

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

This is why I always refer lower leveled players who ask me how to make money to Green Dragons. I have to wonder how crowded they are from people who were told by their high level friends to go there. Anyway, the bones shot up due to the mass inflation from 26/76king and the altar-x update a while back. I'm so glad I got my 99 Prayer 2 years ago off 1.3k ea D Bones supplied mostly by autoers and before the era of GWD, altar-x, and 26king.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

This is why I always refer lower leveled players who ask me how to make money to Green Dragons. I have to wonder how crowded they are from people who were told by their high level friends to go there. Anyway, the bones shot up due to the mass inflation from 26/76king and the altar-x update a while back. I'm so glad I got my 99 Prayer 2 years ago off 1.3k ea D Bones supplied mostly by autoers and before the era of GWD, altar-x, and 26king.

That's EXACTLY when I got mine! When they were 1.3k each! :D

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

That's EXACTLY when I got mine! When they were 1.3k each! :D

Same =D

recci-518.png

Gl with 70 prayer, I'll be going for 80-85 prayer soon, and like you, waiting to see what the market does. If your not in a rush, just; wait and see what happens in the future. You never know, they may drop below 2k again! :thumbup:

gl.

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

OK, I know you will all hate me for saying this and I almost hate myself, but...

The major increase in price of raw materials (i.e. dragon bones, logs, fish)

Originally happened after the trade limits were put in place, because a lot of people stopped using bots, because they couldn't move their money from one to another. I sometimes wish bots were back and people were using them to gather the items no one else wants to, they were the "servants" of the game, doing all the tasks we don't want to do.

I don't want the bots back because of the competition for resources, but I want them back at times (when I just want to buy stuff and don't want to gather it myself) There was such a higher supply back in the day.

Again I know none of us truly want bots back, but I just wanted to mention this.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Going along with what everybody else has said with the bots keeping prices low before the trade limit. I would like to add what could happen now - With the prices being such a ridiculous price at the moment people will be willing to collect theses resources again and begin to bring mass amounts back into the game driving prices down slowly. And then once they are low people will stop collecting them and prices will rise again -.-

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Going along with what everybody else has said with the bots keeping prices low before the trade limit. I would like to add what could happen now - With the prices being such a ridiculous price at the moment people will be willing to collect theses resources again and begin to bring mass amounts back into the game driving prices down slowly. And then once they are low people will stop collecting them and prices will rise again -.-

Actually, the Green Dragon Slaying Union (GDSU) has passed a movement to only sell dragon bones at maximum price. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Actually, only one person before you said bots. The rest of us agreed it's was the fault of the 26k trick and pvp worlds. =-p

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

These are the reasons why I sometimes loved autoers.

Now, I'll probably wait until the next day when we will see d bones @2500 or so. This day, I'll spend a lot of money on them.

Also, one of my friends is trying to buy 99 prayer atm, and it is impossible for him to buy bones, even at max price. So it could be a while before we see acceptable prices again.

WarBlastoise.png

the prices are working for me at the moment, i'm in the midst of a steels task.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Whoops, wrong thread. Hm....something relevant....

A while before, 26king was driving inflation, which means prices were going up...

Then after they stopped that, I guess demand went down.

Not that demand is low, I mean it's just lower. Due to less buying capacity. Or whatnot.

I'm not really sure if they even stopped it, so it could go right back to where they started.

8f14270694.jpg

Capitalism drives the game. When prices reach levels that are too high, people will turn around and begin collecting the resources either for themselves, or to sell as profit.

w4M8t.png

A few weeks of 26king is going to take a long time for normal game play to even it out.

I lapsed on members about 6 weeks ago and sold all my members stuff. I got it back again today and tried to buy my old stuff back. Prices have soared across the board. My BGS is 3 mill more now than what it was 6 weeks ago, and the price only began to rise 2 weeks ago.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Capitalism drives the game. When prices reach levels that are too high, people will turn around and begin collecting the resources either for themselves, or to sell as profit.

Actually capitalism doesn't drive the game. If it did, we'd have unrestricted trading, no trade caps, unbalanced trading, etc.

We got a little mixed capitalism going on here with Jagex setting the controls.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.