Your Opinion on 26k/76kers.

Lap

What are your guys' opinions on those that exploit the 26k/76k trick to gain money.

I reserve my judgement until I have more personal experiences with these types of things, but I see a lot of people complaining, and I just want to see what you guys think.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

I think it has died down, but even so, I didn't really mind it.... Until I came back from camping and saw that each armadyl piece was around 15m. I wasn't too impressed :evil:

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

They're still scum of the earth for taking advantage of this so much.

Especially one user on here who I won't mention.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

i dont really like it to be honest its just easy money that ruins the economy.

Ok seriously they made you have to use 75k and they perty much nerfed the drops is it really that good money now if it is i want PROOF!

i dont really like it to be honest its just easy money that ruins the economy.

Ok seriously they made you have to use 75k and they perty much nerfed the drops is it really that good money now if it is i want PROOF!

i dont have proof as such, but when your taking 76k and turning it into up to 5million it ruins the economy, with such a large influx of money and the more people that do it the worse it becomes.

this causes inflation ect.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Don't blame the player, blame the company.

This. Some people only 76k for Brawlers or because they've gained EP through skilling in Wildy btw.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

I think that if you put a pile of gold in front of someone, and say to them "You can take it, but we recommend you don't" they will probably take it.

Thats what jagex is doing, Hey look, great money from this its against the "spirit" of the game, but its not against the rules.

O.O

I think that if you put a pile of gold in front of someone, and say to them "You can take it, but we recommend you don't" they will probably take it.

Thats what jagex is doing, Hey look, great money from this its against the "spirit" of the game, but its not against the rules.

Exactly why I used both the Bandos and Sara safespots as soon as I found out about them until they got nerfed. 26k/76kers are simply playing the system to their advantage as I did with Sara that week in Feb 08.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Jagex made planned killing in PvP become a huge problem, not the players. So like Laura said, it's not the player but the company.

Just ironic how they said this.

Reading the forums, we noted that several people felt that dropping items like dragonfire shields, dragon full helms, Slayer-only items (like the abyssal whip) and barrows equipment was a bad move. The general feeling was that these drops not only made the original source less exciting, but also effectively increased the rate at which these objects came into the game, which had an adverse effect on the economy. We agreed!

They made DFS, DFS and Dragon claws and other items go up a bit. In exchange they ruined prices of many, many items in the direction of price raise.

Very smart. Save few items from crashing, and make tons items go up in price instead.

They sure are such PvP [cabbage]heads.

i like 76king because it benefits me, i have managed to make a couple of mils of this method, but i also have stopped doing it because of it's adverse effect on the economy...It has made everything rise so it is much harder to buy things especially if you been out of the game for a while.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Should die, along with people who PK in robes and 1 expensive weapon or robes, 1 expensive weapon and 1 special-attack weapon.

The only thing that should die is Jagex staffs bad ideas, such as the stupid artifacts. Unless i am wrong, the increase of cash needed to get a good loot in PvP (75K), does that not mean that pkers must also kill players with that much value risked?

Doubt i would carry 75K in bag if i was in PvP:

1) PvP trick used to be a good thing. The DFS and DFH drop rate could be nerfed to be more rarer (That would be better than introduce a fail artifact drops). I did PvP trick to relax with friends, i chatted with a friend while we casted spells to not get attacked by players.

Average cash we earned was not that good. In 2 hours i could earn between 300K-1M, average i would say was somewhere between 400K-600K. In 2-3 hours ic an earn 1.5M at Green dragons.

Anyhow we had fun talking and i hoped mostly for a brawler.

Again the drop rate of DFH/DFS could be nerfed to be rarer in PvP back then.

2) It cost 75K per planned kill, thats very expensive. The drops are so very annoying...

I wish i could get Brawlers through planned kills, but i can't ...i can't seem to get myself to do planned kills even if i don't loose on it (Actually would profit).

It might seemed like a good idea, but next time they should think harder before doing a change like this.

I didn't mind it when the drops weren't untradeable items that didn't lose value and dropped very, very often. They had a good system going, but they had to go and throw some stupid update in. It created a problem, and now rather than removing that update and going back to the previous drops and drop rates, they're just laying on more and more updates. It's rather annoying, but I can't blame the players.. too much. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I didn't mind it when the drops weren't untradeable items that didn't lose value and dropped very, very often. They had a good system going, but they had to go and throw some stupid update in. It created a problem, and now rather than removing that update and going back to the previous drops and drop rates, they're just laying on more and more updates. It's rather annoying, but I can't blame the players.. too much. ::'

It's like trying to make a good meal. But it turns out very bad, but you keep putting ingredients into it to fix it...

But it just gets worse and worse. Good way to describe Jagex crews way to fix PvP, wouldn't you say so?

EDIT: As much as i loved seeing Arav again (One of my favourite npcs), The Curse of Arav was a short quest.

Should die, along with people who PK in robes and 1 expensive weapon or robes, 1 expensive weapon and 1 special-attack weapon.

:thumbup:

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]