Ranging Amulet

Dirkmetal

Its already a range equivalent of third age mage amulet, only millions of dollars cheaper and way easier to get.

Why make it better?

People are throwing around adding defensive stats to it and some people don't think it is a good amulet, so I just had the thought of giving it a boost.

That would be pretty overpowered for a drop from a mere level 78 slayer monster.

You can get black mask at lv 58, and you say a range based black mask in lv 78 is a overpowered drop?

No, I meant adding defensive stats to it would make it overpowered.. You're either trying to devalue fury, or make this amulet worth too much , or too good for its price after the market is flooded with it, seeing that the drop rate is pretty good. But an effect similar to black mask for ranged won't be that bad. Maybe I misread the previous few posts, but most people were comparing it to fury and how the amulet is worthless without defensive stats, which I don't see the need for in terms of ranging monsters.

This amulet is good for monster killing, whether slaying or otherwise, while in some way not taking damage, safespots mostly. Which a lot of people will be using it for and that takes up a lot of time.

I personally will use it when doing tasks of black demons, black drags, etc.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why everyone is complaining about the new ranging amulet...

Last time I checked, range > mage > melee > range.. and so on, so the ranging amulet having mage defense makes sense.

And for those of you saying the Mage skill is underpowered, etc., Its already overpowered as it is...

Ancient magics are one of the most powerful ways of attacking in the game.

For example:

lvl68 Blood Burst - Caster is healed for 25% of total damage dealt to enemies. Max hit:21

lvl70 Ice Burst - Binds for about 10 seconds. Max hit:22

These spells can hit 3X3, up to 9 players at a time.

Not to mention normal spells like teleblock, entangle, etc.

The new amulet won't even be used for pvp from what I see, Glories have 5 less range and 7 less magic def bonus, but offers prayer, att, and def bonuses in all categories plus some str. And for its price, I would take glory any day over the range amulet.

Last time I checked, range > mage > melee > range.. and so on, so the ranging amulet having mage defense makes sense.

And for those of you saying the Mage skill is underpowered, etc., Its already overpowered as it is...

For example:

lvl68 Blood Burst - Caster is healed for 25% of total damage dealt to enemies. Max hit:21

The new amulet won't even be used for pvp from what I see, Glories have 5 less range and 7 less magic def bonus, but offers prayer, att, and def bonuses in all categories plus some str. And for its price, I would take glory any day over the range amulet.

Whether or not something something is used in PVP matters very little. And second, Ancients have some okay abilities, but Blood doesn't heal all that much, and Ice are decent, but not foolproof.

Plus the sheer cost of the spells being used.

For example:

your kidding me right? you think mage is overpowered?

How bout godswords dragon claws dbows zanniks crossobw morrigans vestas and statius ?

But we can hit 32 max, soooo powerful!

We are toooo powerful arent we :lol:

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

Mage is fine the way it is. Its only flaw is that it lacks reliable KO power, but it doesn't need it. The fact that you'll ALWAYS outlast your opponent in a fight when maging is enough for me. If I want to KO reliably, I'll bring morrigan javs or vesta's sword as a secondary weapon

Think about the combat triangle... it only gets corrupted when people hybrid. But when people fight with purely one attack style, mage always wins.

Mage vs melee: Melee armor has no mage def. Melee never reaches mage. Melee has lowered att from shadow spells. Mage wins.

Mage vs range: Ranger gets safespotted by mage. Mage outreaches rune c'bow and magic shortbow. Mage wins.

Melee vs range: Range has barely any melee def. Melee has tons of range def. Melee wins.

If anything, people should be saying that range is underpowered lol - they can't even kill their lesser foe in the triangle.

But, then again, everybody hybrids now so the combat triangle is sort obsolete

77yLQy8.png

For example:

How bout godswords dragon claws dbows zanniks crossobw morrigans vestas and statius ?

Can hit 32, and lower the enemies attack so they will always hit 0, and freeze thm so they can't even hit you at all, and heal yourself off them. At the same time as doing large damage.

Smart use of mage can take down any full on mellee player with ease, as it should do. People forget the whole point of mage is to farcast. If you sit there maging a mellee player with them hitting you, or try killing a ranger, then you deserve to die due to stupidity. Atm, the combat triangle is very balanced. It gets more confusing when hybriding is involved, but the combat triangle go's out of thw window in that case anyway really.

And that comparison picture is a bit biased, D boots and slayer mask making melee powerful? Void isn;t just melee only, Ranger boots and robin hat don't make ranged more powerful really. If you stick to the main things, then it is fairly even.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Mage is fine the way it is. Its only flaw is that it lacks reliable KO power, but it doesn't need it. The fact that you'll ALWAYS outlast your opponent in a fight when maging is enough for me. If I want to KO reliably, I'll bring morrigan javs or vesta's sword as a secondary weapon

I think RS would greatly benefit from the added ability of things to stun. Would help the rangers and magers mostly, but does Melee honestly need anything more?

-edit_ Because it would only cost 45k worth of runes to cast enough spells to reduce their attack to 0.

For example:

Can hit 32, and lower the enemies attack so they will always hit 0, and freeze thm so they can't even hit you at all, and heal yourself off them. At the same time as doing large damage.

Smart use of mage can take down any full on mellee player with ease, as it should do. People forget the whole point of mage is to farcast. If you sit there maging a mellee player with them hitting you, or try killing a ranger, then you deserve to die due to stupidity. Atm, the combat triangle is very balanced. It gets more confusing when hybriding is involved, but the combat triangle go's out of thw window in that case anyway really.

And that comparison picture is a bit biased, D boots and slayer mask making melee powerful? Void isn;t just melee only, Ranger boots and robin hat don't make ranged more powerful really. If you stick to the main things, then it is fairly even.

Farcasting is for noobs. Take it from this credible source:

chat004628.png

77yLQy8.png

I think RS would greatly benefit from the added ability of things to stun. Would help the rangers and magers mostly, but does Melee honestly need anything more?

-edit_ Because it would only cost 45k worth of runes to cast enough spells to reduce their attack to 0.

You mean like the d spear spec except for rangers/mages?

btw... shadow barrage's effect only lowers to 15% their max lvl, it doesn't stack on itself :\

the ahrims set effect stacks, however :)

Comare the aspects that make the skill powerful, mage is realllly short

It's the quality of updates, not quantity. The zuriel update blows every single other range and melee update out of the water. Halving your opponents' attack speed for nearly a whole minute is PHENOMENAL.

77yLQy8.png

I tried range amulet out at armadyl gwd and worked good enough for me. For solo and duo fury is clearly better, for trio it's questionable but when 4 manning faster kills make up the prayer bonus loss of fury. I didn't really need to use supplies (brews or srs/p pots) when using unicorn and ranging amulet. Depends of course on your teammates (I had reasonable good team :)) If having 5 or more you shouldn't even consider using fury (if having good enough magic and defence levels).

I tried range amulet out at armadyl gwd and worked good enough for me. For solo and duo fury is clearly better, for trio it's questionable but when 4 manning faster kills make up the prayer bonus loss of fury. I didn't really need to use supplies (brews or srs/p pots) when using unicorn and ranging amulet. Depends of course on your teammates (I had reasonable good team :)) If having 5 or more you shouldn't even consider using fury (if having good enough magic and defence levels).

It's worth mentioning that Range Ammy lets you keep 2 Arma pieces when soloing instead of 1. You risk the Range Ammy, but it's scheduled to crash, and it's nothing compared to risking a 14m Arma Skirt.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

muggiwhplar, it's all true what you are saying about magic being very powerful and can outlast any other class- but that itself is it's greatest weakness- yes, sure, if other people do agree to fight to death it might work out, but what most(if not all) pkers rely upon is taking your opponent down before he can use all their food- hitting above 90 is possible for both other classes and that really limits the mages powers- the fight will only end when the other player has consumed all their food, in which time the other player has had many opportunities to take down the mage.

On the amulet subject- it's a welcome alternative and can be effective when using range as it's supposed to, but as a whole it's not a big step forward and with much less power than ought to. Jagex ought to have consentrated on magic and making it a relyable source when training combat or killing boss monsters(why not?).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You mean like the d spear spec except for rangers/mages?

btw... shadow barrage's effect only lowers to 15% their max lvl, it doesn't stack on itself :\

the ahrims set effect stacks, however :)

If you use ahrims, you can't autocast ancients -> click spell, click target continuously -> carpal tunnel syndrome -> not worth it. Normal spells are too weak and you can't even use god spells with ahrims, as you need a god staff.

If you use ahrims, you can't autocast ancients -> click spell, click target continuously -> carpal tunnel syndrome -> not worth it. Normal spells are too weak and you can't even use god spells with ahrims, as you need a god staff.

You're being sarcastic, right? >_>

muggiwhplar, it's all true what you are saying about magic being very powerful and can outlast any other class- but that itself is it's greatest weakness- yes, sure, if other people do agree to fight to death it might work out, but what most(if not all) pkers rely upon is taking your opponent down before he can use all their food- hitting above 90 is possible for both other classes and that really limits the mages powers- the fight will only end when the other player has consumed all their food, in which time the other player has had many opportunities to take down the mage.

This is true, however the phoenix necklace pretty much eliminates every threat except for a godsword. And, in my opinion, if a person's risking 80M, they deserve a high chance of defeating me :P (Similar to that philosophy, that is why I never PK in +1 worlds lol)

77yLQy8.png

Imo, it'd help out a lot if Jagex made some sort of new ring that, while worn, gave combat spells the ability to perform random "critical hits" in which they did 50% more damage for that spell. So if you wear the ring, there is a CHANCE that your ice barrage could deal up to 45 damage instead of 30.

td2sig.jpg

Imo, it'd help out a lot if Jagex made some sort of new ring that, while worn, gave combat spells the ability to perform random "critical hits" in which they did 50% more damage for that spell. So if you wear the ring, there is a CHANCE that your ice barrage could deal up to 45 damage instead of 30.

"It's super effective!"

77yLQy8.png

"It's super effective!"

I lol'd hard.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Or they could make additional spells that benefit both the attacker and the attackee- for example, spells that can do a maximum of 50 damage but half of that is taken from yourself, or spells that cost 10 prayer/defence and do a maximum of 40 damage. But as it is, jagex must find a way to make affordable and powerful(or just accurate) maging an option for boss monsters- combat isn't only pvp.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Or they could make additional spells that benefit both the attacker and the attackee- for example, spells that can do a maximum of 50 damage but half of that is taken from yourself, or spells that cost 10 prayer/defence and do a maximum of 40 damage. But as it is, jagex must find a way to make affordable and powerful(or just accurate) maging an option for boss monsters- combat isn't only pvp.

A very small percentage of combat is pvp, actually, which is what I think a lot of the people forget about it. They think that just because something is "off" in the pvp setting that it's off in the monster setting as well. I don't pvp so really I don't care which of the three is underpowered. I use them all in different situations that call specifically for them.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Well...

They could make a staff that doesn't take runes and allows you to cast a whole new spellbook that can only be used again NPC's and doesn't splash as much against them, thus making magic cheaper and effective against monsters, while keeping it the same for PvP.

Stellactic.gif

so let me get this right, you should be able to safe monsters, use no food due to safing, no runes due to staff, hit more often, wow, that doesn't sound ridiculous at all!

Who said you would be able to safespot monsters. Maybe it would have the same range as melee. Assumption Fail.

so let me get this right, you should be able to safe monsters, use no food due to safing, no runes due to staff, hit more often, wow, that doesn't sound ridiculous at all!

Who said you would be able to safespot monsters. Maybe it would have the same range as melee. Assumption Fail.

tbh if he meant being in melee range i'm sure he would have said that, all he said is free, NPC only, less splashes, new monster

you interpretation wouldn't be so bad no, but his, yes, even if he changes it to yours now

baileydafrog.png

the way to bring mage and range on the same playing field as melee is to make it so if a melee'er is wearing range armor his accuracy goes down, and the same with mage armor. currently the only reason people think mage is "underpowered" is because a melee'er can throw on karils and be just fine while the mage cant just throw on torags.

Y_Z.png