Best Void Set?

mrrogers

get both

This.

Seriously, it's not much more work to get both and they really work well (in the right situations!)

If you really cba to get both then get the one you think you'll use more.

Instinctively I'd say range is better, but that's because I prefer other ways of training mellee

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Hmm, both are good, if u use melee in void just go for melee first, then range. Allthough I don't recommend doing pest control in full void melee with a defence lvl less than 75. Believe me, you'll notice the difference. When attacking portals I'm more likely to die 2-3 times with full void than lets say black d'hide, barrow gloves and Neitiznot. The attack and str bonuses do make up though when bashing the portals.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

Hmm, both are good, if u use melee in void just go for melee first, then range. Allthough I don't recommend doing pest control in full void melee with a defence lvl less than 75. Believe me, you'll notice the difference. When attacking portals I'm more likely to die 2-3 times with full void than lets say black d'hide, barrow gloves and Neitiznot. The attack and str bonuses do make up though when bashing the portals.

To be honest, who really cares about dying in pest control..?

2Xeo5.png

Range void wins, end of discussion..

Seriously, Melee Void got no def so its only viable if your praying (it havent got any pimp prayer bonus either!) and Mage void just looks good (god that hood is so hot :() but mystic/ahrims is better.

I personally almost hit 30 with barbed bolts at 74 range with range void.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Range void wins, end of discussion..

Seriously, Melee Void got no def so its only viable if your praying (it havent got any pimp prayer bonus either!) and Mage void just looks good (god that hood is so hot :() but mystic/ahrims is better.

I personally almost hit 30 with barbed bolts at 74 range with range void.

melee void is good if you are fighting something such as waterfiends that use magic attacks.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

well to be honest all 3 of them are really good in their own way. I would just play a little longer and get all 3 sets.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

In terms of absolute usefulness, I'd say that melee void is better than range void, which is better than mage void. But you can't really compare the void sets against each other, as they're used for different things. Remember that since void armor aids your offense on a percentage basis, it gets better the higher leveled you are.

Melee void must be compared with melee equipment. Melee void is crap compared to slayer mask and random armor (I don't train combat without slayer). Melee void offers the best non-slayer attack capabilities. But then, the defense on void equipment is comparable to red dragonhide. If you melee with void, you're gonna get hit hard. Unless you beat up on really weak monsters or play a minigame where offense matters more than defense (FoG and PC), melee void isn't of much use compared to stuff that's out there. It's probably worth getting melee void only if you are only missing the helm.

Range void is arguably the best ranging equipment. The attack boost helps a lot, and the defense on void range isn't too bad compared with the alternative ranging gear. If you're safespotting, then defense doesn't really matter =P. Get void range if you ever decide to train ranged. It's that good.

Void magic is an interesting set. I must admit that I never use magic for combat, except in FoG. And even then, magic's not the main damage dealer. Magic sucks for monster killing, so void mage sucks for monster killing =P. The mace is great if you ever need to auto-cast crumble undead or the guthix god spell. I wouldn't know how to use this set, so no advice here.

So I'd say void range would be the best investment. After getting that, then get the melee helm. Dunno if the mage helm is worth it. Then after getting that set, try to get another void set as a placeholder so your bank organization doesn't screw up ::'

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

well to be honest all 3 of them are really good in their own way. I would just play a little longer and get all 3 sets.

Mage has absolutely no use

Range>melee in terms of usage, but as said before get both. Dont get magic.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. I know for a fact that the Mage set has a few very good uses.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Melee imo. But get all 3 sets + mace - it's useful later.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. I know for a fact that the Mage set has a few very good uses.

I intend to use mage in combo with range to do fight caves. It saves out huge space and switching to range is easy. Also I use melee to train at dags, with 75 def they'll hardly hit you.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I intend to use mage in combo with range to do fight caves. It saves out huge space and switching to range is easy. Also I use melee to train at dags, with 75 def they'll hardly hit you.

Not only that, but ive used it at Rock Lobsters to great success, it works like a beast at Aviansies, a friend of mine used it at Abby Demons and was amazed by the result. It has alot of uses.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

range first,

then melee is for weak monsters and monsters that are mage based attack but not ur slayer task like

cave horrors---- hunting blk masks

remmeber void range has relatively low range att bonus...which means its hard to hit at high lvl monsters...so ur best bet

is blk hide or armadyl =)

Black Masks-3

D meds- 3

Granite Mauls- 4

Robin hat- 1

lymnlymn.png

Range.

I was actually doing some calculations to figure something out, and I noticed that void melee is not actually all that useful at all.

Even with a godsword, where percentage bonuses should matter most, bandos, neit and barrows gloves came off better

Void had +3 slash bonus over bandos, but bandos had an extra 8 strength.

Void melee is really only useful where bandos can't be used for melee, such as waterfiends and Tormented demons.

2Xeo5.png

Not only that, but ive used it at Rock Lobsters to great success, it works like a beast at Aviansies, a friend of mine used it at Abby Demons and was amazed by the result. It has alot of uses.

Yeh cause rock lobsters have ub3r high mage def. :roll:

Most mage bonus comes from the slots which the void takes up, and the set only gives 30% more accuracy.

Lets compare void mage with mystic.

Void Mage Setup:

Void Helm +0

Void Top +0

Void Legs +0

Void Gloves +0

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = 63 + 30% void bonus. 30% of 63 being 18.9 in this case round up to 19 giving a total mage bonus of 72.

Mystic Setup:

Mystic Helm +4

Mystic Robe Top +20

Mystic Robe Bottom +15

Barrows gloves +6

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = +108

Feel free to switch around the objects used such as mage's book with unholy book or upgrade to arcane you'l still get the same overall result of mystic >void mage.

It's not even in the same league as mystic robes let alone ahrim's, the only thing void mage is useful for is for tribrid pking or duel tournaments when used in conjunction with the other 2 helms for quick switching. So yea you clearly don't know what you're talking about ::'

[hide=]

[/hide]

Most mage bonus comes from the slots which the void takes up, and the set only gives 30% more accuracy.

Void Mage Setup:

Void Helm +0

Void Top +0

Void Legs +0

Void Gloves +0

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = 63 + 30% void bonus. 30% of 63 being 18.9 in this case round up to 19 giving a total mage bonus of 72.

Mystic Setup:

Mystic Helm +4

Mystic Robe Top +20

Mystic Robe Bottom +15

Barrows gloves +6

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = +108

Feel free to switch around the objects used such as mage's book with unholy book or upgrade to arcane you'l still get the same overall result of mystic >void mage.

It's not even in the same league as mystic robes let alone ahrim's, the only thing void mage is useful for is for tribrid pking or duel tournaments when used in conjunction with the other 2 helms for quick switching. So yea you clearly don't know what you're talking about ::'

If you look at void's bonus effect, it doesnt affect your mage offense bonus. It actually increases accuracy by 30%. Higher accuracy=/=higher (although the higher mage offense does increase accuracy aswell) bonuses so comparing void to ahrims is actually difficult.

eijnnc.png

99 Woodcutting 99 Firemaking

99 Hunter 99 Agility

99 Attack 99 Hitpoints

99 Mining

If you look at void's bonus effect, it doesnt affect your mage offense bonus. It actually increases accuracy by 30%. Higher accuracy=/=higher (although the higher mage offense does increase accuracy aswell) bonuses so comparing void to ahrims is actually difficult.

Mage offence bonus only affects how accurate your hits are, void or mage bonus does not affect the max hit or how high you hit within the boundaries. It even says on the runescape knowledge base and on rune wikia that void mage increases mage attack by 30% which is an extra 30% mage attack bonus. In which my calculations are correct.

The mage helm grants the player a +30% bonus towards Magic attack, if the player is wearing the rest of the Void Knight equipment. However, the Void Knight mace is not required for the bonus.

Personlly I have the whole set: All the clothes, every helm, and the mace, and I can tell you that outside of pc range is the most useful. Take that with a grain of salt because I use slayer to train most of my stats, but because the slayer helm is a better use of the helmet slot while meleeing and there is no equiviant for ranging the range set really shines. You may not use it as much as you use the higher masters because mosnters like black dragons requires a TON of accuracy bonuses, but range definetly has more uses. Mage is hawt though :P , and I recommend getting that if you're bored 1 day.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

[hide=]

[/hide]

Void Mage Setup:

Void Helm +0

Void Top +0

Void Legs +0

Void Gloves +0

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Mystic Setup:

Mystic Helm +4

Mystic Robe Top +20

Mystic Robe Bottom +15

Barrows gloves +6

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = +108

Defense.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

[hide=Choo choo]

[hide=]

Void Mage Setup:

Void Helm +0

Void Top +0

Void Legs +0

Void Gloves +0

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Mystic Setup:

Mystic Helm +4

Mystic Robe Top +20

Mystic Robe Bottom +15

Barrows gloves +6

Infinity boots +5

God cape +10

Seer's Ring (i) +8

Ancient Staff +15

Mage's Book +15

Amulet Of Glory/Fury +10

Total = +108

Defense.

[/hide]

Mage attack bonus = accuracy.

2Xeo5.png