Whats with this? (afk'ing on spiders)

miracleman58

this doesn't really need to be fixed/nerfed... they're kinda hurting themselves by spending 2gp per magic xp and getting 6k xp/hour... it's like the most inefficient training method ever lol

Yes it's inefficient, but if you have the cash and are allowed to get away with, it's better than nothing.

Also, I think my idea for a combat timer is a good idea in general, not just in response to this.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all of you saying "ban them". Why? How is this bothering you in any way?

This is the problem I see with rampant reporting.

If a player's actions are not DIRECTLY affecting you, and are against the rules, I really see no reason to report the player.

I say let Jagex deal with it, by themselves. It's of no consequence to you whether or not these players get banned.

Like people have said, it's their money, their time [sort of...], and their experience of the game.

What I don't get is why players choose that spot, like a spot with a whole bunch of through-traffic.

There are a lot of other places with monsters similar to spiders that haven't seen a player in years it seems.

2vlwv1v.png

this doesn't really need to be fixed/nerfed... they're kinda hurting themselves by spending 2gp per magic xp and getting 6k xp/hour... it's like the most inefficient training method ever lol

But its 1m xp a week if you keep it running all 7 days without stopping.

that's still over 3 months to get 99. and it's also costing them 5M per week, or 65M to 99.

they're only screwing themselves lol

77yLQy8.png

The problem is those who aren't AFK'ing. I myself have trained on the spiders with my other account while at the computer. I just do it so I don't have to click. It's actually quite cheap and got me 70 mage while I was completing my math course & chatting on Msn. The foolish thing is how many people wind strike rather than fire strike. It's even less gp/xp to fire strike and you get more xp/hr. I don't understand why people are saying it's expensive.

I'd like to get the "False Report" option back for reporting. Then I could report all the tools who say I'm reported while I'm there. :lol:

Despite the number of people who reported my account while I was there I've seen no action. I suppose Jagex actually checked to see if I was AFK. I'm quite impressed. :thumbup:

EDIT:

[hide=]

that's still over 3 months to get 99. and it's also costing them 5M per week, or 65M to 99.

[/hide]

I'm confused. First you state that it's 2gp/mage xp. Then you say it's 65M to 99?

13M x 2 = 26M for 99. That's barely more expensive than most alching. It's much cheaper than the magic methods I use on this account.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Reminds me of when people were casting Crumble Undead on skeles in Edgeville dungeon in full rune. That was like 2 or 3 years ago though.

The problem is those who aren't AFK'ing. I myself have trained on the spiders with my other account while at the computer. I just do it so I don't have to click. It's actually quite cheap and got me 70 mage while I was completing my math course & chatting on Msn. The foolish thing is how many people wind strike rather than fire strike. It's even less gp/xp to fire strike and you get more xp/hr. I don't understand why people are saying it's expensive.

I'd like to get the "False Report" option back for reporting. Then I could report all the tools who say I'm reported while I'm there. :lol:

Despite the number of people who reported my account while I was there I've seen no action. I suppose Jagex actually checked to see if I was AFK. I'm quite impressed. :thumbup:

EDIT:

[hide=]

[/hide]

I'm confused. First you state that it's 2gp/mage xp. Then you say it's 65M to 99?

13M x 2 = 26M for 99. That's barely more expensive than most alching. It's much cheaper than the magic methods I use on this account.

Ah my bad, you're correct. I was thinking it was 5gp/xp the second time I posted

77yLQy8.png

I've done it away from people before, but i'm not really "afk", I'm really just playing cod4/waw on the TV like 10 feet from my computer.

With fire bolt, it's 29k per hour and 5.8gp per exp.

It's pretty cheap and easy to do.

Quit complaining about it and deal with it, it's been happening for ages.

I've done it away from people before, but i'm not really "afk", I'm really just playing cod4/waw on the TV like 10 feet from my computer.

If you use an air staff it's only 2.3gp/xp. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

10 feet away from your computer is the bad kind of AFK. The only considered AFK is when at your computer, but switching between windows.

Haha why AFK if your going to do it on rats? :wall: :wall: :wall: God we'll look back on that and laugh

::'

they're afking on rats cause they wont get hit/killed by them, this is pretty much wind bolting (pre-ep) with no return, people afk'ed overnight doing that aswell and got pretty good xp (obviously wind strikers aren't but there will be some people bolting/blasting/waving, i've seen a waver and few bolters)

Alching ruby rings in lost city market is only 0.6gp/exp, i wont call that "barely" cheaper.

(240[nat]-(1215[hi alch]-1012[store]))/65exp = 0.57/exp

But still... training magic without clicking is invaluable.

If you use an air staff it's only 2.3gp/xp. ::'

hold on... you mean fire strike (1.8/exp)?

Fire bolt is: (114[chaos]+9[fire]x4 )/ 21.5exp = 6.9/exp

Even with clay amour at elemental wizards, it is not cheap. Clay stun is only 2.2/exp.

Strange enough, people report you for this but not afk woodcut/fishing

Reminds me of when people were casting Crumble Undead on skeles in Edgeville dungeon in full rune. That was like 2 or 3 years ago though.

Was crumble undead like 1.5x more exp 3 years ago? Unlike afk spider, that was highly efficient. oh yea and 3 years ago, we dont have lunar, we dont have clay amour, we dont have infinite ruby rings, nature rune has a higher price tag, law rune is almost free and charge can be casted repeatly...

Basically, now you can claim more exp with a cheaper price tag than those inefficient afkers.

It doesn't interrupt your game play, if JaGeX thinks they should be banned, so be it.

That is not true at all. I take great pleasure in randomly speccing every spider that I see(they're related to scorpions, and those [wagon] killed me), and these people prevent me from doping so.

Watch the language ~ Bongo.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

It doesn't interrupt your game play, if JaGeX thinks they should be banned, so be it.

+1

There's no chance that they're actually hurting anyone's fun. They just go in secluded/semi-secluded areas and AFK train. It's not like you'll be attacking a spider in the Lumbridge cellar anyway.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

That is not true at all. I take great pleasure in randomly speccing every spider that I see(they're related to scorpions, and those [wagon] killed me), and these people prevent me from doping so.

Watch the language ~ Bongo.

There are plenty of other spiders, take the trip to the SOS. There's like 40, have fun tiger.

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

well....i'm actually considering getting 200m mage xp with the method- it's 104k xp an hour with fire waves and sc armor(125k if you charge every minute) and only 4,5 gp per xp with the least of efforts(excluding sc armor).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The foolish thing is how many people wind strike rather than fire strike. It's even less gp/xp to fire strike and you get more xp/hr. I don't understand why people are saying it's expensive.

wind strike = 1 mind rune = 10 gp for 5.5 xp (min), 9.5 exp (max)

That's 1.82 gp/xp (all fails) or 1.05 gp/xp (theoretical best, hitting all 2s).

fire strike = 1 mind rune + 3 fire runes = 10+3x9 = 37 gp for 11.5 xp (min), 27.5 (max)

That's 3.22 gp/xp (all fails) or 1.35 gp/xp (theoretical best, hitting all 8s).

Though personally I, too, would use fire strike simply because the difference is easily affordable.

I am a tree.

The foolish thing is how many people wind strike rather than fire strike. It's even less gp/xp to fire strike and you get more xp/hr. I don't understand why people are saying it's expensive.

wind strike = 1 mind rune = 10 gp for 5.5 xp (min), 9.5 exp (max)

That's 1.82 gp/xp (all fails) or 1.05 gp/xp (theoretical best, hitting all 2s).

fire strike = 1 mind rune + 3 fire runes = 10+3x9 = 37 gp for 11.5 xp (min), 27.5 (max)

That's 3.22 gp/xp (all fails) or 1.35 gp/xp (theoretical best, hitting all 8s).

Though personally I, too, would use fire strike simply because the difference is easily affordable.

Oh, I also factored in that fire strike was 2x the amount of experience when I was making that statement. That's what I meant when I said it was less gp/xp. I guess I should have thrown that in there.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

well....i'm actually considering getting 200m mage xp with the method- it's 104k xp an hour with fire waves and sc armor(125k if you charge every minute) and only 4,5 gp per xp with the least of efforts(excluding sc armor).

So wait, after spending thousands of hours in SC, you're gonna use an afk method with the sc armor which you have to replace every 20 minutes and not a reasonable method that would take like 1/10 the time?

satan_panda.png