Whats with this? (afk'ing on spiders)

miracleman58

For anyone who's saying it's stupid to do because of speed or cost:

Lets say a player sleeps for 8 hours and go to school for 6 hours. Durring that 14 hour period, he strikes. At 1150 casts an hour using fire strike, which gives 11.5 base xp, that's 1,296,050 magic xp a week. If you use an air staff, fire strike takes 1 mind rune (10 gp) and 3 fires (27 gp) for a total cost of 37 gp. So a week's worth of casts (112700) costs 4,169,900 gp. If the player who's doing this can make 500k gp an hour, it would take them 8.3398 hours to make that much. The ammount of weekly xp (1,296,050) devided by the time requires to make the money (8.3398) is 155,405.

This means that the magic xp/hour of actual playing time is 155,405.

quit

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say a player sleeps for 8 hours and go to school for 6 hours. At 1150 casts an hour using fire strike, which gives 11.5 base xp, that's 1,296,050 magic xp a week. If you use an air staff, fire strike takes 1 mind rune (10 gp) and 3 fires (27 gp) for a total cost of 37 gp. So a week's worth of casts (112700) costs 4,169,900 gp. If the player who's doing this can make 500k gp an hour, it would take them 8.3398 hours to make that much. The ammount of weekly xp (1,296,050) devided by the time requires to make the money (8.3398) is 155,405.

except it's against the rules, and if they play by the rules by sitting at the computer for oh so many hours each week, then that renders the method completely obsolete and inefficient.

77yLQy8.png

Lets say a player sleeps for 8 hours and go to school for 6 hours. At 1150 casts an hour using fire strike, which gives 11.5 base xp, that's 1,296,050 magic xp a week. If you use an air staff, fire strike takes 1 mind rune (10 gp) and 3 fires (27 gp) for a total cost of 37 gp. So a week's worth of casts (112700) costs 4,169,900 gp. If the player who's doing this can make 500k gp an hour, it would take them 8.3398 hours to make that much. The ammount of weekly xp (1,296,050) devided by the time requires to make the money (8.3398) is 155,405.

except it's against the rules, and if they play by the rules by sitting at the computer for oh so many hours each week, then that renders the method completely obsolete and inefficient.

Couldn't you do a good method while your at the computer and afk when your not?

Honestly I just report them and be on my way.

On a side note: Is it just me or do people seem to like to report everyone who doesn't respond to public chat as a bot at yews? I frequently turn my public chat off and talk in my cc while I cut yews and when I turn my public chat back on like 5 people tell me they reported my for macroing. On the bright side I still have 0 black marks and have never been banned. Has this happend to anyone else?

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

To all of you saying "ban them". Why? How is this bothering you in any way?

They are cheating and are getting an unfair advantage.

I love it when they forget to turn off accept aid though.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

My question still remains; who cares? Outside of a childish push to feel self important, I see no reason why it should matter. Those players are not hurting you, they are not interfering with your game play and regardless of broken rules, what makes you so worried about it?

'You' being in reference to all of the repliers that have issue with this. I mean really who cares? And for those that do, why? Broken rules? Not playing the way the game is meant to be played? Getting benefits you don't? Welcome to the real world.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

They dont have any advantage at all as mentioned by lots of people above... And how is this bothering you?

My question still remains; who cares? Outside of a childish push to feel self important, I see no reason why it should matter. Those players are not hurting you, they are not interfering with your game play and regardless of broken rules, what makes you so worried about it?

'You' being in reference to all of the repliers that have issue with this. I mean really who cares? And for those that do, why? Broken rules? Not playing the way the game is meant to be played? Getting benefits you don't? Welcome to the real world.

Since when is RuneScape the real world? JaGex is the God that makes the world of RuneScape. If it was the real world people can attack anyone, there would be no trade limit, there would be no censor or any reason to stop an act of taboo. Welcome to Runescape.

I don't think Jagex can create a system that would be able to act as a check on AFKers. I really doubt that Jagex can track mouse movements - as that would infringe on privacy laws...

Just how do you think the Macro Detection System works? When you agreed to play you also agreed that they are allowed to see your mouse movements on Runescape.

They dont have any advantage at all as mentioned by lots of people above... And how is this bothering you?

They have the advantage of getting experience, and some experience is better then none, even if it is a tiny amount. Not to mention they are getting this experience while not doing anything.

94qbe.jpg

They have the advantage of getting experience, and some experience is better then none, even if it is a tiny amount. Not to mention they are getting this experience while not doing anything.

8k exp per hour which cost 1.6gp/exp? High alch is 65k per hour and 0.6-0.7gp/exp, thats 6x the exp. Even they are doing it for 24 hours, you only need 4 hours to catch up.

Anyone, even a lv3 f2p can feltch more money in an hour, then cast a more cost (and exp) effective spell for the next serveral hours to balance off.

And maybe you can turn your mechine off to save real life money or get to do whatever you like afterwards? (edit: dont forget runescape use a hell lot of memeory)

Dont tell me that mind runes are free, they eventually have to come back and waste even more time (and money) to make back all the gp they wasted on their mind runes.

That guy sure does think outside the box. And as soon as he kills that pheasant, the Freaky Forester will tell him he can leave now, then he realizes he killed the wrong one. #-o

Which he wont.

8k exp per hour which cost 12.8k? High alch is 65k per hour, which is 6x the exp. Even they are doing it for 24 hours, you only need 4 hours to catch up.

Anyone, even a lv3 f2p can feltch more money in an hour then cast a more cost (and exp) effective spell for serveral hours.

And maybe you can turn your mechine off to save real life money or get to do whatever you like afterwards?

Dont tell me that mind runes are free, they eventually have to come back and waste even more time (and money) to make back all the gp they wasted on their mind runes.

The bolded part is the part I want you to pay attention. They just got 4 hours of Alch'ing exp by leaving their computer on, I dunno about you but I find 4 hours alot of time. I could be doing something else in these 4 hours. It's a great boost if let say that's a work day or a school day or you don't feel like playing, then when you want to play BAM you have that boost because you were in school or work or watching Television. That seems unfair to me.

94qbe.jpg

I worded that poorly. I meant that the player would be striking while he's away from the computer, at school and sleeping. 14 hours a day the player would otherwise not be gaining anything.

quit

The thing is, it's clearly stated that AFK'ing is against the rules. Thus, this form of training shouldn't even be considered by anyone who values their account and furthermore it shouldn't be used in an argument to compare to other methods because it's illegal.

I say you are a murderer, please, prove otherwise.

The point of that statement: Jagex ought to have the power of a god if they were to enforce the rule. Jagex rules are not a law.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The thing is, it's clearly stated that AFK'ing is against the rules. Thus, this form of training shouldn't even be considered by anyone who values their account and furthermore it shouldn't be used in an argument to compare to other methods because it's illegal.

The point of that statement: Jagex ought to have the power of a god if they were to enforce the rule. Jagex rules are not a law.

By "illegal," I meant against the rules. I assumed you guys could infer that on your own.

77yLQy8.png

Did the crying camp ever list their stance on the situation when a character is AT the computer, but doing other stuff/autocasting? Hard to tell with all the whining in here.

And moocky, great post, but these goons probably won't understand any of it.

I am a tree.

Since when is RuneScape the real world? JaGex is the God that makes the world of RuneScape. If it was the real world people can attack anyone, there would be no trade limit, there would be no censor or any reason to stop an act of taboo. Welcome to Runescape.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about how there will always be people taking advantage of some sort of system because in the real world, not everyone plays by the rules. gf turning the idea into something completely different.

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Did the crying camp ever list their stance on the situation when a character is AT the computer, but doing other stuff/autocasting? Hard to tell with all the whining in here.

And moocky, great post, but these goons probably won't understand any of it.

If you're gonna train this way while AT the computer it sort of defeats the purpose.

Back when string ammy was a good way to train, I got 1M mage XP in a day while doing all my homework at my computer desk. All I had to do was look up at the screen and click the spell button about once a minute.

77yLQy8.png

By "illegal," I meant against the rules. I assumed you guys could infer that on your own.

You should be more aware of the terms you use(otherwise why read what you write at all?).

But, you still havn't answered the major fault in your system- why make rules, that can not be enforced? How can anyone be oblidged by the rules if they have no authority? This is much like law losing all of it's value and people going around saying: Killing is bad, you shouldn't do it. But if it doesn't bring any obligation and people can not be brought to justice for their deeds, they will still do it. Jagex made the rule without any thought about what the terms mean or how they are going to enforce it without breaking the actual law.

6. What is AFK training?

AFK training is Away From Keyboard training. While you are playing on our games, you must be at the computer. Away-from-keyboard training is not allowed, and you should log out when you leave the computer.

What does at the computer mean? What does away from keyboard mean? How can jagex tell if you are or are not at the computer or if you are away from keyboard or not?

Unless you can find an answer to all those questions there is no point reporting people using this training method or counting it out as abuse.

In Darkfall, an admin will check you before you're kicked from the server for AFK-training. If you're caught doing it again, you'll be banned temporarily (Usually a few hours to a few days). Caught again, and it's a permanent ban. No appeals.

I'd like to see Jagex take this stance.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

In Darkfall, an admin will check you before you're kicked from the server for AFK-training. If you're caught doing it again, you'll be banned temporarily (Usually a few hours to a few days). Caught again, and it's a permanent ban. No appeals.

I'd like to see Jagex take this stance.

But that really would be illeagal. You can not be forced to talk to any mod if you don't like doing so. In the intrest of the company, that is not a good solution.

But that really would be illeagal. You can not be forced to talk to any mod if you don't like doing so. In the intrest of the company, that is not a good solution.

Saying "you can't force me to talk to an admin" isn't a valid answer. It's prove you're there, or get kicked. And Illegal? Don't forget that the company owns your account, as is the case with jagex.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Was on w99 bout a half hour ago;

A level 115 in a def cape and a 116 in a range cape where doing it...

Seriously like; how stupid can some people be? :|

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!