200M in all Skills

Makilio

No I think it's the overall attitude. Players can choose themselves to use spins or not. People can also choose to be disrespectful towards others based on choices and opinions.

Only one of these affects others though.

• Like 2

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

No I think it's the overall attitude. Players can choose themselves to use spins or not. People can also choose to be disrespectful towards others based on choices and opinions.

Disrespectful?

You mean you actually come on to the internet expecting people to be respectful to each other while having different views and being civil?

You do notice that you're on a forum for a mmorpg game.

If posts like mine seem disrespectful, quit [bleep]ing crying and get over it.

Edited by Kimberly

'omfg spin is sin' witch hunts are kind of ruining the whole point of discussing 200m all. Also yes im fairly sure tif tries to remain civil and respectful. Try to find one moderator who agrees with your above statement

Edited by Kimberly
  • Like 1

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

'omfg spin is sin' witch hunts are kind of ruining the whole point of discussing 200m all

derp, because the first player to get 200m all skills bought spins over and over again

You don't like the truth and content he posts? Are you upset because you don't like the facts and don't see the response you'd like?

More along the lines of not going to crucify any specific players for purchasing some spins when JaGeX shoves them in everyone's faces anyway.

SOF McCarthyism is getting out of hand, please stop.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Guyone/w48 can you just find a better thread to troll. Your 'omfg spin is sin' witch hunts are kind of ruining the whole point of discussing 200m all. Also yes im fairly sure tif tries to remain civil and respectful. Try to find one moderator who agrees with your above statement

Lol what

As if I care what a moderator thinks about my statement?

Most of the moderators here don't even pay attention to the '200m thread', heck they don't even participate in the discussion, with the exception of 'removing posts'.

Its been nearly 8 hours, and not a single moderator has done anything, even when a few bothered (ex:JeRambo) clicking this thread, but didn't take action or post.

You act as if being civil and respectful means having to agree with you and the other idiots here who say 'omg fors is #1, he must be a efficient player' and not point out that spinning is cheating your way to the top, and that cheating should not be merited.

Learn to deal with a view that isn't the same as yours.

Just because you are on the internet and on a forum for an mmorpg does not mean you have the right to be disrespectful.  This is humans interacting with humans, just as talking to someone irl is a human interacting with a human.  You have the ability to chose if you are going to have a pleasant interaction or an unpleasant interaction.  The only difference between doing it here and irl is the lack of consequences, and you would expect people to be decent enough to not abuse that and realize their actions still have power over others.

Treating others with respect is the best way to avoid conflict and unpleasant experiences.

• Like 4

its not very respectful calling us people "trolls" for having different opinions. I have never shown disrespect towards anothers opinion, just countered it. while you just call us trolls and want to ignore us.

You guys would be a lot happier if you just added the trolls (and the people who consistently argue with the trolls) to your ignore list. There will only be about 5-15 posts/page instead of 20, but the thread will actually be enjoyable to read. :thumbup:

The thread can't be enjoyed because of people who buy their way to the top.

im surprised there are people here who like seeing players like spinburger buy their way to the top.

if you like seeing pay their way to the top, there really isnt anything to discuss about. You should buy some spins so you can be the next discussion of how stupid you are to waste money on xp while others are working their accounts by skilling and not participating in promotions.

very appalling to see that pre pubescent players here think paying your way makes you included in the competition.

Mfw

Most players are and will always be vocal about spins, especially considering the competitive natures behind top player ranks. Jagex has tried to put a bandaid over things like this by delaying bonus exp on skills upon release, seasonal highscores, and whatnot but this will not stop the fundamental disagreements that people have.

This is a new reality this thread and its small community has to face. You can still appreciate the progress of those who choose not to bulkbuy spins in the same way people can appreciate DIYs/Ironman accounts. It does not make anyone superior to any other person. Many of the consistent playstyles exhibited by chronic spin buyers/key buyers is present in those who chose not to use them. Judging these people on those merits alone is not a flawed premise. You can disagree with it, but it's not factually wrong. You can question whether or not they'd have the energy to maintain that constant pace, but it is just that - a question, not a fact. Being open mind goes both ways.

People will need time (even now) to figure out where they stand in all this. Jagex screwed up the highscores and the competition will always be compromised as a result unless they revert spins/keys...which they won't. So until then, I understand people will need time to work out things together in debates like this. But falling back to calling people idiots or trolls is not how we can work through this. Spin discussion and analyzing HOW people obtained their ranks is here to stay. The only problem comes up when people aren't open-minded about it, to which I have had to clean and remove a lot of posts in the past few pages.

You might think because the moderators are, shockingly, not on 24/7 that this thread is not watched. This could not be any further from the truth. But the spin discussions and criticism isn't going to be removed unless it's being posted in a disruptive manner, just like purist posts aren't being removed because they deny an unsavory part of the game.

Note that this is just how the thread is now. If you have concerns with how things are being moderated I highly encourage you to contact either @Stev or @Randox. Like we're asking people here to be, we're open minded about change as well.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I don't understand what this obsession with spin-buyers, particularly with those on the first page is about. Are we all really supposed to feel sorry that one wealthy player with way too much time on their hands (Fors) beat a bunch of other wealthy people with way too much time on their hands in the great race to 200M by buying spins? Am I really supposed to lose sleep over that? I have little in common with these players, nor can I fully understand or empathize with them, and thus I really couldn't care any less what they do. It's fun to speculate a bit and discuss it, but aside from that it doesn't affect me in the least. I have way too many other things to be doing than worrying about that. Jagex decided they were going to allow this, the damage is done, and they won't be reversing this (nor could they, the only way the competition will ever be legitimate to a lot of people is if Jagex rolls back people who 'cheated' by buying spins, and that isn't going to happen, ever). That's that, time to move on. It's pointless fixating over the habits of particular spin buyers when it is Jagex who has changed the game and the system.

• Like 6

I don't understand what this obsession with spin-buyers, particularly with those on the first page is about. Are we all really supposed to feel sorry that one wealthy player with way too much time on their hands (Fors) beat a bunch of other wealthy people with way too much time on their hands in the great race to 200M by buying spins? Am I really supposed to lose sleep over that? I have little in common with these players, nor can I fully understand or empathize with them, and thus I really couldn't care any less what they do. It's fun to speculate a bit and discuss it, but aside from that it doesn't affect me in the least. I have way too many other things to be doing than worrying about that. Jagex decided they were going to allow this, the damage is done, and they won't be reversing this (nor could they, the only way the competition will ever be legitimate to a lot of people is if Jagex rolls back people who 'cheated' by buying spins, and that isn't going to happen, ever). That's that, time to move on. It's pointless fixating over the habits of particular spin buyers when it is Jagex who has changed the game and the system.

i guess that's the harsh truth, but i still feel like rs3 has turned into tour de france.

• Like 3

My yt: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrstenvikteam

my twitter: https://twitter.com/NoToAfkPray_OS

200m Prayer achieved           24/07/14

200m Construction achieved 25/08/15 

I wonder what roger al is doing, ik its most likely traders and fletching, but the ratios are odd

Might just be doing pure broads when he wants to AFK a bit.

stop pming me plz

I think he just doesnt care how fast he goes and he isnt even fletching while doing thief at all and he just fletches to afk like licert says, he doesnt care how fast he goes because if he goes faster he still has to wait for farm

I wonder what roger al is doing, ik its most likely traders and fletching, but the ratios are odd

Yeah I'm pretty flustered and a bit perturbed by it as well

Speaking of traders, my friend CrystalFarm gave me a tip about the XP I thought I'd let you all in on - If you're only doing it for thieving, as soon as you don't get the XP popup (when you get stunned), quickly relog - You won't be stunned when you log back in!

• Like 2

Travis_D.png       k_Lw.png

Yeah I'm pretty flustered and a bit perturbed by it as well

Speaking of traders, my friend CrystalFarm gave me a tip about the XP I thought I'd let you all in on - If you're only doing it for thieving, as soon as you don't get the XP popup (when you get stunned), quickly relog - You won't be stunned when you log back in!

Yeah, I heard about that as well, he mentioned it in a skype call and at first I thought he was joking, but he really does it haha.