200M in all Skills

Makilio

People said the same thing 10 years ago too. It's been "dying" ever since I started playing in early 04.

It doesn't help that the past few years have been the MOST PROFITABLE/BEST REVENUE EVER FOR JAGEX. largest playerbase decrease.

It's not dying anytime soon.

They are doing a grade A job at pissing off the players and making it seem like their money/input is being put toward nothing.

Jagex has to publically report their finances and their turnover has been the highest it's ever been. Ever. Keep in mind they are REQUIRED BY LAW to put these statements out.

Last year was a pretty minor loss - but they claim that's largely due to a large one-time investment into the Transformers Universe game.

Once again IVP has turned a company into purely profit driven. Im not saying they are losing money, im saying they are losing credibility and resources. Failing to implement HTML5 was the most eye opening incidence

HTML5 didn't come out because browsers can't support the technology yet so they're building a native HTML5 game client. Probably where some of those real world trading profits are going, eh? Source.

No need to get your knickers in a twist.

• Like 2

MqyLAlK.png

Dark_Musica.pngu7jB5FP.png

<snip>

"hey guys let's all put up rocktail bubbles we're so damn smart"

It should be noted that that particular calculator was, at the time of this post, bugged. It used the xp/resource multiplied by the resource cap divided by the resources per collection. Which is to say, it divided by the resources used per collection twice. So, for example, rocktails actually give a daily xp 4 times as high as the value shown in that screenshot.

I've fixed the calculator on wikia to do the correct calculations. Rocktails actually give 23940 xp per day, which is still less than the 25500 given for Cavefish (at 2590+ total level).

iLiB

EDIT: The link to the calculator, in case anyone wants to check it out: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Divination/Divine_locations

Runescape is dieing and everyone that plays over 5 mins per day is a nolifer  :shades:

Nice post and yeah it's good you got your goal then found something else to make you happy - as humans we need variety in life or else mega-boredom.

Hi I'm 50 years from the future there is like 100,000 people @ 5b exp and the max exp is 15b so SUOMI is noob.

StarViv.png

HTML5 didn't come out because browsers can't support the technology yet so they're building a native HTML5 game client. Probably where some of those real world trading profits are going, eh? Source.

So i guess bonds also came out purely to stop goldfarmers? Silverhawks were never meant to be OP? Jagex has been making PR excuses forever, believing them however is up to the player. Google chrome can support HTML5, which means browser support does exist. Integrating that to a client cant be much harder than moving a web based java game to its own client. If the browser technology wasnt there in the first place, why would the project even have started. Lastly the fact the beta just stagnated for like a year while everyone was kept in the dark and RS3 came out as just an ugly interface overhaul.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

So i guess bonds also came out purely to stop goldfarmers? Silverhawks were never meant to be OP? Jagex has been making PR excuses forever, believing them however is up to the player. Google chrome can support HTML5, which means browser support does exist. Integrating that to a client cant be much harder than moving a web based java game to its own client. If the browser technology wasnt there in the first place, why would the project even have started. Lastly the fact the beta just stagnated for like a year while everyone was kept in the dark and RS3 came out as just an ugly interface overhaul.

I don't understand what point you are trying to make, we get the point that you actively dislike Jagex, but you seem to have forgotten what discussions on this thread are about.

But let me tell you this, if Runescape continues to have an active community on both RS3 and OSRS and Jagex is making profits. Runescape will not die.

• Like 1

its so funny so much people defend jagex :unsure:

Better than systematically attacking them on every opportunity on the basis that "they're all capitalist pigs who only care about money."

because that is true, actually.

• Like 1

Better than systematically attacking them on every opportunity on the basis that "they're all capitalist pigs who only care about money."

Well it is their game I enjoy playing. Im just voicing the opinion that if this slippery slope continues where balancing < quick buck, this thread will have to die along with RS. Also being highly critical of a company isnt attacking them at any opportunity, its just calling BS when necessary. If anyone remembers Me Hate Libs, that sort of comment may apply to her instead.

• Like 1

mck.pngMck.png

You realise that is how companies are run.. right?

If they fail to make money, they fail to exist. Put two and two together, use that walnut in your head.

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

If they fail to make money, they fail to exist. Put two and two together, use that walnut in your head.

Looool 'use that walnut' of course I know companies need money, but not by destroying their once awesome game with pathetic updates, and throwing around bxp everywhere. RS won't last long anymore if they continue with this crap. 

seriously use that walnut lmfao hahahaha

Looool 'use that walnut' of course I know companies need money, but not by destroying their once awesome game with pathetic updates, and throwing around bxp everywhere. RS won't last long anymore if they continue with this crap. 

If they make more money milking 100,000 players instead of catering to 1,000,000 players - the game will still thrive. With a smaller, more MTX-open, impatient-for-XP community.

• Like 3

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

As a paying customer you're more than welcome to take your business elsewhere if you no longer support Jagex. But as long as you continue to pay them, then you're still supporting whichever business ventures they decide to pursue.

77yLQy8.png

All im saying is a lot of people have decided to quit because of said updates. Jagex has been losing ground to League/WoW for ages and IK its the trend to give microtransactions but when microtransactions gets fused into updates as 'content' it makes people see their money being wasted

mck.pngMck.png

How much do you need to make per hour for Silverhawk to be worth it at current prices? (about 23k?) This is assuming you don't do BA for bonus xp, I came to about 5m/hour. Not sure if I missed something, thought it would be higher.

How much do you need to make per hour for Silverhawk to be worth it at current prices? (about 23k?) This is assuming you don't do BA for bonus xp, I came to about 5m/hour. Not sure if I missed something, thought it would be higher.

Well assuming you use 1 charge every 45 seconds, that's 80 feathers/hour, costing roughly 1.9m/hour (give or take)... If you used ults every 45 seconds you could profit and get half decent xp rates at something like Frosts or Glacors... You could actually profit, just.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Something is worth doing when the change in productivity is greater than 0

If you add infinity to anything it is greater than 0

So silverhawk boots are always worth using

I've been told that if you train at Advanced Barbarian course with bonus xP from BA, you should expect to get something like 130k xp/hr (including time getting the bonus xp).

By doing that, it would take you ~1438 hours to get 187m Agility XP.

With this 2k14 boots, it would take you 0 hours but it would cost you 23k coins each 860 XP you get, correct me if I'm wrong since I don't play RuinScape anymore. 

If that's correct, it could cost 27gp/xp and 5B gp to get 187m XP.

So, it's all a matter of spending 1438hours or spending 5B gp. 5b/1438= 3477k

TL;DR: Unless you make less than 3477k GP/hr, 2k14 boots are worth using. And that's assuming you gain no valuable XP while making money. If you do, obviously this number will decrease.

• Like 3

I've been told that if you train at Advanced Barbarian course with bonus xP from BA, you should expect to get something like 130k xp/hr (including time getting the bonus xp).

By doing that, it would take you ~1438 hours to get 187m Agility XP.

With this 2k14 boots, it would take you 0 hours but it would cost you 23k coins each 860 XP you get, correct me if I'm wrong since I don't play RuinScape anymore. 

If that's correct, it could cost 27gp/xp and 5B gp to get 187m XP.

So, it's all a matter of spending 1438hours or spending 5B gp. 5b/1438= 3477k

TL;DR: Unless you make less than 3477k GP/hr, 2k14 boots are worth using. And that's assuming you gain no valuable XP while making money. If you do, obviously this number will decrease.

Wtf? Since when was it 27gp/xp... is this the most expensive buyable now? Other than craft. (Not if you do bstaves ofc)

If it is, then lmao...

stop pming me plz