200M in all Skills

Makilio

Because the motivation isn't what matters, but how people think that they should be perceived is.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

If you play a game to get 200m all because you "enjoy" it, then you wouldn't try to take the quick ways out. If the only reason you're playing is to get 200m all and not enjoy it then your playing for the wrong reasons.

• Like 2

This is 100% your opinion which you are projecting onto others. It should be prefaced with "imo". To add to that, the reality is you need to decide which you want; 200m all skills or to enjoy the game/skills.

If you're goal is 200m all by enjoying the methods, see you in 50 years. (50 years is probably not long enough).

your*

Enjoying the methods to train your skills, without buying spins, exists.

You're half way to 5.2b total xp anyway, perhaps you should start buying spins if you think it takes that long or not enjoying the game enough.

You're half way to 5.2b total xp anyway, perhaps you should start buying spins if you think it takes that long or not enjoying the game enough.

I am enjoying the game. My goal isn't to achieve 200m all skills. That's why I am "only" halfway, xp wise, after playing for 9.5 years.

btw, weren't you banned for botting cooking?

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I am enjoying the game. My goal isn't to achieve 200m all skills. That's why I am "only" halfway, xp wise, after playing for 9.5 years.

I was never banned for cooking or banned to begin with.

You're prolly referring to SnuGGzz http://forum.tip.it/topic/316437-high-profile-players-banned/?p=5347875

The hell does that have to do with buying your way to the top?

I was never banned for cooking or banned to begin with.

You're prolly referring to SnuGGzz http://forum.tip.it/topic/316437-high-profile-players-banned/?p=5347875

The hell does that have to do with buying your way to the top?

Probably since both are just cheating

Why should anyone care about others respect? If their goal is 200m all, why wouldn't they use every single available method for them to gain exp and be efficient about it?

If you are playing this game for e-respect and e-fame, you are definitely playing it for the wrong reasons.

Well what other possible reason could rank chasing have other than respect from other players? It's not like there's something intrinsically valuable about the number 200M. People do it because they recognize that within the realm of Runescape it has social prestige and value. So, yes, I do think a lot of players are playing for prestige, fame, validation and what not - though I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Nor am I bothered by spin buying enough to shame particular individuals who do it. We are social creatures at the end of the day. Getting 200Ms was not a 'thing' in the game until certain famous people started doing it and the metagame shifted. People did not randomly just wake up one day and decide "I am going to get a 200M, just for me".

And I quite agree. If you're serious about competing and getting 200Ms, you'd better be prepared to do everything in your power to get it (within the bounds of the rules). You'd be a fool not use resources if you have them that could make it easier. I don't mind Forsberg at all. He had a lot of money and resources, and he used them to ensure he had to put in less effort, have a better time, get things done faster. Not bothered by that at all.

If you play a game to get 200m all because you "enjoy" it, then you wouldn't try to take the quick ways out. If the only reason you're playing is to get 200m all and not enjoy it then your playing for the wrong reasons.

And how many players actually go for 200M all because they enjoy it all? Perhaps they enjoy certain skills, but all of it? No way. They do it for the end goal - which is competition, prestige, recognition and so forth. Most skills require a fair bit of grinding, and are by and large not fun, and getting 200M in them requires intense discipline and subjecting yourself to boredom and grinding. People do it for the social reasons, not because they derive 'fun' by chopping Crystal trees for hundreds and thousands of hours.

It's idealistic and ahistorical to suggest that people got 200Ms just for fun. Perhaps some do (because of their particular idiosyncrasies as individuals) but most do it for social reasons.

Well i would say that even though they might not enjoy it all, that is part of what makes it rewarding.  Achieving something you want and persevering through it.  I guess its like trying to build muscle or lose weight, doing cardio or lifting weights is done because its part of what you need to do to achieve your goal and feel that sense of accomplishment.

Also, while part of the good feeling of getting a good rank or a 200m is recognition and the joy of competing, i think that in some sense, at least for me, being able to make progress towards a goal and have something to look forward to and be motivated to do and be proud of is also a big factor.  Anything you can watch progress in and see your work pay off is always a good feeling, so it is a combination of the both that makes skilling so much fun, at least in my own opinion i can not speak for all players

Why should anyone care about others respect? If their goal is 200m all, why wouldn't they use every single available method for them to gain exp and be efficient about it?

If you are playing this game for e-respect and e-fame, you are definitely playing it for the wrong reasons.

Well what other possible reason could rank chasing have other than respect from other players? It's not like there's something intrinsically valuable about the number 200M. People do it because they recognize that within the realm of Runescape it has social prestige and value. So, yes, I do think a lot of players are playing for prestige, fame, validation and what not - though I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Nor am I bothered by spin buying enough to shame particular individuals who do it. We are social creatures at the end of the day. Getting 200Ms was not a 'thing' in the game until certain famous people started doing it and the metagame shifted. People did not randomly just wake up one day and decide "I am going to get a 200M, just for me".

And I quite agree. If you're serious about competing and getting 200Ms, you'd better be prepared to do everything in your power to get it (within the bounds of the rules). You'd be a fool not use resources if you have them that could make it easier. I don't mind Forsberg at all. He had a lot of money and resources, and he used them to ensure he had to put in less effort, have a better time, get things done faster. Not bothered by that at all.

And how many players actually go for 200M all because they enjoy it all? Perhaps they enjoy certain skills, but all of it? No way. They do it for the end goal - which is competition, prestige, recognition and so forth. Most skills require a fair bit of grinding, and are by and large not fun, and getting 200M in them requires intense discipline and subjecting yourself to boredom and grinding. People do it for the social reasons, not because they derive 'fun' by chopping Crystal trees for hundreds and thousands of hours.

It's idealistic and ahistorical to suggest that people got 200Ms just for fun. Perhaps some do (because of their particular idiosyncrasies as individuals) but most do it for social reasons.

Uhm......

One could say that there's something of a social status in RuneScape and the way to climb up the social ladder is to complete amazing skilling achievements. The maxed community (historically anyway), has felt something like an aristocracy of sorts. Everyone knows each other directly or indirectly, people have reputations, etc., but then there's the vast masses of noobs that are the nobodies, the commoners. I think the desire to work oneself out of that big group of noobs is what provides the incentive for many people to complete big skilling goals.

• Like 3

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

One could say that there's something of a social status in RuneScape and the way to climb up the social ladder is to complete amazing skilling achievements. The maxed community (historically anyway), has felt something like an aristocracy of sorts. Everyone knows each other directly or indirectly, people have reputations, etc., but then there's the vast masses of noobs that are the nobodies, the commoners. I think the desire to work oneself out of that big group of noobs is what provides the incentive for many people to complete big skilling goals.

The irony here is that the higher your RS social status gets, the lower your RL social status gets :lol:

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

The irony here is that the higher your RS social status gets, the lower your RL social status gets :lol:

Unless you know how to prioritize and don't let RS consume your life

What a stupid thing to say

Too much generalizing in here

• Like 1

Are you trying to suggest that the top ranked players play in moderation, at a leisurely pace? If not then my point stands.

• Like 5

77yLQy8.png

Are you trying to suggest that the top ranked players play in moderation, at a leisurely pace? If not then my point stands.

Some, yes. My point still stands that it's an extremely stupid thing to think that, the higher you get in RS your social status always gets lower, you shouldn't just generalize like that.