Am I really that bad?

LegsOSkill

I recently figured out I talk to ~2.5% of my friends list ever through PM, about 90% of the people on it no longer play, and I know at least 5 of the names of the people on there are spelled wrong from me trying to type their names in myself.

I talk to people in clan chat though.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wearing full ghostly + shadow sword in f2p (lost membership) and many people want me to add them. If they're nice, I add them, since my friend's list doesn't have that many people on it.

But I NEVER add those people who just randomly tell me to add them.

Arisaka, the Japanese rifle. O_o

Tell me, did any of you happen to kill a red spy on the way here? No? Then we still have a problem.

My friends list rarely exceeds 50 people because the only people I regularly talk to are Real Life friends, Tip.iters, and a few good online friends. ::' Every few months I go through my friends list and delete people I no longer talk to or really know. If anyone does need to contact me I almost always have my private chat on so they can PM me and I'll add them again.

The only reason I would ever need more space on my friends list would be if I joined a clan. If Jagex made a separate list for clan friends then I'm sure almost everyone would have enough room to keep track on all the people they know/talk to.

When people ask me to add them I do, because they may turn out to be a good online friend that I will keep talking to. However if after a few weeks I find I never speak to them I'll just remove them from my friends list. Keeping track of 200 people just seems a little unnecessary. :?

I used to lead a clan and have to add every clan member, so it wasn't a lie when I said "sorry, my list's full". I did a fl sweep and now <3 12 person FL but, private's on so I'll get the random PM from an old "friend".

New Siggy in progress.

Proud Construction cape owner

I say it sometimes because i kind of have a hard time saying no when I don't have a reasonable explanation why to not add them. So I usualy lie. Somethimes irl too.

some1 walks up to you at school

"hey, wana be friends?"

"no sorry, my list is full"

"what list?"

"ah crap."

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I don't recognize the vast majority of the people on my friends list. Occasionally I'll remember some names, but most of the time I don't. I'd wager a lot of them are from my Castle Wars days, but my memory is atrocious, and I'm too lazy to do a sweep of my list, though there's maybe... 150 people on it.

The people I do talk to on a regular basis, which isn't that many, are either very good friends I met on RS years ago and developed quite a bond to (one girl even calls me her big brother), or Tip.iters whom I've gotten to know through Forsakenmage's clan chat over a while, and I either asked them to add me, or more rarely, they ask me to add them. Maybe it's a tad shallow, but it's my friends list, not yours.

And on the subject of random people just blurting out "ADD ME," I'll just flat out say No, or if I've talked a bit and develop a little (not much) respect for them, I'll lie and say my list is full. No mud on my conscience.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I normally say yes if I have been talking to them for awhile and if they weren't annoying me with too many questions. Also my closest friend used to be one of those people who annoy you with questions all the time but then I told him to stop with the questions and he stopped. Now he's the person I talk to the most when I play. ::'

acsstarlight.png

acsstarlight.png

I will usually say 'sure' and go ahead and add them. However I eventually delete them if they do not talk to me.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I cant use that excuse, because in my case my friends list really IS full.

I've gotten comments after saying it telling me:

"Lol, sure. You just dont want to add me."

"You dont have to lie, just say no."

"Nobody could have that many friends added to their list."

I once decided to remove someone to add a different person.

The guy I removed then had a friend ask me if I had removed him.

I then remove the new guy and add the old one again. Then starts the annoying part.

The NEW guy finds me and starts asking me why I removed him and all that.

It ends up with the new guy starting to hate me and have his friends annoy me aswell.

My life would be easier if there was a higher limit to the friends list. :wall:

I then remove the new guy and add the old one again. Then starts the annoying part.

It ends up with the new guy starting to hate me and have his friends annoy me aswell.

But Den, you're a...

26399M.jpg

...and don't ya forget it. ;)

rssig2.png

Happens to me all the time. It's annoying. :? I just can't say no for no reason at all, I don't know why.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

If I get in a situation I just say "sure" and delete them whenever one of us leaves.

I've got about 5 or 6 people on my list that play, and about 20 that I hope to see log on again :P

But as for the reason I keep my list small...I don't know really. Having people added that I don't talk to really bothers me. The people I have added are really cool people though, and I guess I don't feel like some random guy saying "friends?" could live up to the standard they set.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

But Den, you're a...

26399M.jpg

I laughed. Hard. :XD:

This topic is becoming more successful than I thought lol, I still couldn't live with just saying "No." what if he/she hung him/herself because I didn't want to be friends. :(

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

[hide=]

But Den, you're a...

26399M.jpg

[/hide]

This topic is becoming more successful than I thought lol, I still couldn't live with just saying "No." what if he/she hung him/herself because I didn't want to be friends. :(

If they are gonna kill them selfs over people that they don't even know and just met in a online game maybe they should.

[hide=]

But Den, you're a...

26399M.jpg

[/hide]

If they are gonna kill them selfs over people that they don't even know and just met in a online game maybe they should.

*Hangs himself*

Here is something that I use that sounds slightly believable. It works well if you are f2p, I tell them my list has over 150+ people so it will be difficult to add them. Then I say "I will definitely put your name in my 'notes' that way I will remember to add you when I get members back". Then they usually ask "When will you get members?", I tell them "I don't think anytime soon :( "

Usually they buy it.

I say this for two reasons. First is I consider it true. I always keep two spaces open but those are to respond to the random (yet sometimes important) pms I get. Actualy, most of the pms are clan chat generated so not entirely random. Anyways, I won't permanatly occupy those spaces without permanatly deleting other people (I estimate over 30 names are still on the list that I don't talk to anymore and wouldn't bother even if they did log on). I could add people, but I have reasons not to. Sometimes I will explain I need to keep a space free.

People also say this because if you say no you are implying youdon't want to talk to them again, or that you don't actualy like them and have only been humoring them with conversation. Saying the list is full achives the same result with alot less hurt feelings. I only say no if the person is someone who would probably annoy me.

Exactly, it's just to make sure you don't hurt their feelings in the end. We could all blatantly say, "No." and add them to ignore, but that would be far too mean. Not to mention unnecessary unless they are REALLY bugging the crap out of you, that is.