4th September 2009 -Machinima Competition- Cast Your Votes!

Dexek

Yup ironically I got an idea today that would have done really well, maybe next competition eh? or maybe make it for lulz

Hey, you and me, we should get together, make some crappy videos, submit each one fifteen times

sound good?

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm was really torn between the song, the mithril sword one, and the line dancing. I however am voting for bumbum, simply because his voice is amazing. He also got a subscription from me, though I think all the others will as well.

*Sigh* Who am I kidding. I knew it would be Excl who won as soon as he entered. I didn't vote for him because it really wasn't that funny(and Excl's voice annoys the hell out of me.)

At least it wasn't someone like Maxboison who entered and won.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Yup ironically I got an idea today that would have done really well, maybe next competition eh? or maybe make it for lulz

Hey, you and me, we should get together, make some crappy videos, submit each one fifteen times

sound good?

Hehe Maybe sometime Really tempted to try out the idea I have now as there's nothing like it *yet* out there that's done in runescape so we shall see highly experimental though :P

Did nobody find this interesting? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvZAnjmrUnQ

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I just noticed. chiszle's wasn't even considered a runner-up to the top 6. Its not even in their top 47.

http://www.youtube.com/user/runescape -> go to Playlists -> How we lolled.

I must say some of the crap in there is pretty bad. And some of the stuff is really good too. Gielinor would make a HELL of a good trailer. Wtf is bloodybot450's doing in there though...

Evil Yakuza's video had some REALLY good voice acting. REALLLLLLY good.

And bloodybot450's is in there twice -.-

and I lol'ed at x caesar x

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Oh, I remember the one I really liked that never made it. The one with the Armadyl, Bandos, and Zaros. If anyone has a link to that video it would be greatly appreciated. I didn't favourite it. #-o

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I'm still unsure as to what the exact criteria for these videos was.

Nobody is willing to say.

I posted what they said about why the videos were selected on page 1 about half way down the page.

Just to repeat.

We hope you enjoyed watching all six finalists! You may be wondering why we chose these six over the others, and we're happy to tell you why:

A song by bumbum007: We received loads of RSMVs, but none featured anyone with such a big mouth. We chose this video for the lyrics, the original songwriting, the energy and bumbum007's ability to cram a song lyric into the smallest gap.

My RuneScape Machinima Competition entry by Mommakitty2: If we had televisions in RuneScape then Momma_Kitty has a pretty good idea of what we'd be watching. This video made the finals thanks to the massive range of parodies thrown into what is a very entertaining two-minute video.

Video Ideas by Excl: What do you do if you've already made hundreds of RS machinima videos? You make a video about trying to come up with an idea for a video, of course! Excl's movie has great vocal talent and gives us a window into how he goes about deciding what to make next.

Line dancing by Jinsr44: We're no fans of line-dancing - or Michael Flatley - but Jinsr may have turned that around with this brilliantly choreographed linedance-a-thon around RuneScape, complete with flashing skillcapes. Double win!

Mithril sword fight by Arrow Gun 99: Never has a fight over a free mithril sword resulted in such venom! Levitating furniture and crates being thrown through portals all feature in Arrow gun 99's exuberant fight sequence that's left us looking forward to the inevitable sequel.

Gnarlie and the Gaming Factory by KKcomics: We can't comment on the accuracy of KKcomics representation of the judging process, but the competition is sure to find that out! We chose this video as it really made us laugh and had great timing. The fact that Mark is depicted sitting on a throne with a trapdoor lever and a green party hat had nothing to do with it.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Excl's video: :wall: :wall: :wall: [bleep]ing piece of [cabbage]. Is it supposed to be funny? Well, I didn't even laugh once when viewing it. The only reason why he's winning by such a ridiculous margin is because of his gargantuan fanbase. I was like OMFG R U SRS [bleep]ING KIDDING ME when I saw the screenshot of his vid on the pictures in the poll :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: four thumbsdown out of five o wait I need to lrn2count

Mommakitty's video: this was actually pretty amusing, but there's nothing that really stands out. (except for the Pokemon song!)

Gnarlie and the Gaming Factory: this had a lot of potential, it could've been a lot better. The only thing I liked about it was the 'ban squad'

Mithril Sword Fight: This one was really great, it really put a smile on my face, and it's amusing without having any speaking parts

bumbum's song: somewhat amusing, at first I was going to vote for this, but then I realized Mithril Sword Fight was on the list, and then...

Linedancing: Truly epic - a lot of work must have gone into this... if Excl didn't have so many subscribers, this would've won for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

OH AND AGAIN I'M GOING TO STATE: EXCL'S VID IS [cabbage]. could've put some thought into it at least... :roll: I don't care if you've produced great works in the past (Jagex Bronze Dagger, LOL I loved that video and couldn't breathe for a long time afterwards) or if you're a Tip.Iter (as if that's any reason to vote for him :roll: ) but this contest is supposed to be about the quality of your current work, not the number of subscribers you have. Oh well, we all saw this one coming anyway, when Jagex announced that the winner would be determined by player votes...

I doubt Jagex will let you sneak in a camera, but have fun visiting Jagex, Excl! :thumbsup:

Excl's video: :wall: :wall: :wall: [bleep] piece of [cabbage]. Is it supposed to be funny? Well, I didn't even laugh once when viewing it. The only reason why he's winning by such a ridiculous margin is because of his gargantuan fanbase. I was like OMFG R U SRS [bleep] KIDDING ME when I saw the screenshot of his vid on the pictures in the poll :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: four thumbsdown out of five o wait I need to lrn2count

Mommakitty's video: this was actually pretty amusing, but there's nothing that really stands out. (except for the Pokemon song!)

Gnarlie and the Gaming Factory: this had a lot of potential, it could've been a lot better. The only thing I liked about it was the 'ban squad'

Mithril Sword Fight: This one was really great, it really put a smile on my face, and it's amusing without having any speaking parts

bumbum's song: somewhat amusing, at first I was going to vote for this, but then I realized Mithril Sword Fight was on the list, and then...

Linedancing: Truly epic - a lot of work must have gone into this... if Excl didn't have so many subscribers, this would've won for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: <3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

OH AND AGAIN I'M GOING TO STATE: EXCL'S VID IS [cabbage]. could've put some thought into it at least... :roll: I don't care if you've produced great works in the past (Jagex Bronze Dagger, LOL I loved that video and couldn't breathe for a long time afterwards) or if you're a Tip.Iter (as if that's any reason to vote for him :roll: ) but this contest is supposed to be about the quality of your current work, not the number of subscribers you have. Oh well, we all saw this one coming anyway, when Jagex announced that the winner would be determined by player votes...

I doubt Jagex will let you sneak in a camera, but have fun visiting Jagex, Excl! :thumbsup:

I found it funny, a lot of other people found it funny, a lot of people didn't find it funny who are tif'ers and voted for something else, and random people are finding funny and he said he'd kick mmg in the balls

just because you didn't laugh doesn't mean other people didn't. You thought Mithril Sword was good, I thought it was good too, except for 1 thing -- its a COMPLETE COPY of something else.

Linedancing was pretty epic too, but they did say they wanted it to be humorous.

In the end, consider the amount of people that are going to be voting. 30190 subscribers aren't going to win you the competition. and I'm sure plenty of those will vote for someone else.

Now seriously, stop getting all pissed because a video you don't like is winning.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Tecmaster:

Still don't understand how that is consistent with what they said BEFORE the contest, which is that originality would trump all.

NO MERCH - NO PEST CONTROL - NO SOUL WARS

Lowest combat (only sub-90) on the TIF high scores list

mr_ph3r.png

8inagility.jpg

mr_ph3r.png

What was wrong with Excl's video? I thought it was good. Witty satire of typical crappy RS videos. By far the funniest of the batch, honestly. I've never seen any of the guy's vids before and I still thought it was brilliant.

The linedancing was epic though, I gotta admit.

Hmm the order I'd put them in are:

1. Linedancing by Jinsr44

2. Video Ideas by Excl

3. Gnarlie and the Gaming Factory by KKcomics

4. Mithril Sword Fight by Arrow Gun 99

5. My RuneScape Machinima Competition Entry by Mommakitty2

6. A Song by bumbum007

I thought they were all really great videos and anyone that wins would be deserving of it. A few of my thoughts on each video:

bumbum007's was kind of funny but out of all of them was my least favourite. It didn't blow me away like a few of the other did. The television one by Mommakitty2 had a few good moments and I got a lot of the references which made it enjoyable. However I found less professional than the other and it didn't really make me laugh at all.

The Mithril Sword was only good because of the special powers that each character had when they used the magic spells. I found that quite enjoyable to watch. One little thing that annoyed me was halfway through the Firemaking cape changed to some other cape which was odd. The only reason why KKcomics is so high on my list was because of the Jagex Oompa Loompas. I couldn't stop laughing at the "Ban You" part. :lol:

Now for the two most controversial videos. Jinsr's and Excl's. They were both amazing videos and either one deserves to win. I laughed several times at Excl's video and found it both professional and entertaining. However I'm a little biased which is why I chose Jinsr's Linedancing video instead.

The reason is because I can see how much time and effort he put into the video. When a group of us including myself went to his house to film the finale it took us a good 30 minutes to complete a 5 second clip. Now imagine doing that for every one of his clips in the video. He organized everyone in a certain way to make each scene perfect. Plus I'm also a fan of his videos and really liked the music in Siamsa. The

video is a lot better than the competition one and should really be viewed by anyone who liked his entry. ;)

The one thing that annoys me about the competition is that not everyone watched each finalist video. Some people are voting based on reputation which really isn't fair as it should be done based on their favourite video. It would almost be a lot better if people didn't know who made each video and had to base their vote on the quality not the user. That being said I think it's quite obvious Excl is going to win (unless the polls take a huge turn) so congratulations to him as I really enjoyed his video and think he deserves it as much as everyone else does.

The one thing that annoys me about the competition is that not everyone watched each finalist video. Some people are voting based on reputation which really isn't fair as it should be done based on their favourite video.

^

Now seriously, stop getting all pissed because a video you don't like is winning.

eehhhh tbh the initial enthusiam has already died off; I don't even care anymore. I'm quitting RS forever again anyway, why does this even affect me

Excl's video was horrible to be honest. I've never understood such fake humor like that. It's the type of humor T.V. and Media Brain-Feeds the generations of now. It was in no way original, as anyone with half a second could come up with his idea. The parts that were supposed to be funny made me sick. The least he could of done is create an ongoing joke that leads to a climactic ending where you're left puzzling at how the ended came to be.

The only video I thought was worth mentioning, however, was the Free Mith Sword video. His use of music and sound was lovely. The ending "Rain Drops" song was completely unneeded though. The editing wasn't five star, however the execution and suspense and use of sounds instead of dialog kept it entertaining and made me want to see how the end would come to be.

Stellactic.gif

I voted for the video ideas machinima. The bank video part was really funny "Junk, junk, junk, junk, junk...Oh, look money!" That made me laugh. The beginning with him running around screaming "nooo!!!" and head banging was also very good, but it took a while for me to get it since I didn't know that this guy used to make videos. Several of the other video ideas, such as the music ones were great. But what made me vote for it was probably the ending. Video cut because of time restraints was awesome! :D

The other videos I chose from was the line dancing one, which the creator had put down a whole awesome lot of time into, and the TV one. I loved the first one there, with Kill Bill, and the "How to not be a noob".

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I voted linedancing, it was very well coordinated and the overall effect was awesome. I just wish that it could have gone for longer... I could really sense something really epic coming up just before the 2 minutes ended.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

glad excl's there, haven't seen the others (yet) but I voted for him

[hide=poll spoiler]he's winning with 44% of the vote ATM[/hide]

Wow... you didn't see the others and voted for Excl? Jeese, they shouldn't have allowed anyone insanely famous to enter the comp, it's obvious he's gonna win. I didn't even like his vid much -.-

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Excel has both haters and lovers (but so does every other video).

I think I would have voted for Excel, if I've never seen it before.

It's something which gets boring fast because it is one good joke.

But like pretty much all jokes, you laugh the first time you hear it, perhaps the second time, but when you hear it the third time, it gets boring.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]