09-Sep-09 Dwarf Quest + patch notes

Toad

Anyone else wondering whats the connection between Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf and Between a Rock...?

I was thinking about it and it makes no sense as not of the characters cross over :| and nothing you've done on Between a Rock... affects the plot, characters or even the locations used.

When your with veldanban trying to get to the cave, the dwarven boater/ferryman ask veldanban if he's going to the mines to visit is father. Maybe valdanban's father is the dwarf with expensive balls?

I never saw that bit of dialogue when I did the quest.

So the connection is merely in the reward and not in the quest.

Looks like even more future proofing for the next quest.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else wondering whats the connection between Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf and Between a Rock...?

I was thinking about it and it makes no sense as not of the characters cross over :| and nothing you've done on Between a Rock... affects the plot, characters or even the locations used.

When your with veldanban trying to get to the cave, the dwarven boater/ferryman ask veldanban if he's going to the mines to visit is father. Maybe valdanban's father is the dwarf with expensive balls?

I'm guessing demoliboy went round the long way using the boats instead of using the newly placed door in the northside of the guard tower, which there a big cutscene showing when u first went there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The reason why you have to complete "Between a Rock..." to do "Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf" is quite simple...

The one thing that FoaCG opened up is a shortcut between the south mines and the main city... They do not want you to use that while doing BaR...

Btw, this makes the dwarf that ferries your Gold Ores (for a price of several ores) to the bank, utterly useless... The bank is right there, making the Arzinian Mines once again a primary spot for Gold Ores...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The reason why you have to complete "Between a Rock..." to do "Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf" is quite simple...

The one thing that FoaCG opened up is a shortcut between the south mines and the main city... They do not want you to use that while doing BaR...

Btw, this makes the dwarf that ferries your Gold Ores (for a price of several ores) to the bank, utterly useless... The bank is right there, making the Arzinian Mines once again a primary spot for Gold Ores...

especially if u have all the agility gear

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Shhh, not to many people had noticed lol

Yes I am not quite sure that they thought of that to much, it does now render that poor little dwarf useless, but no complaints it makes for a nice gold mine.

I'm guessing demoliboy went round the long way using the boats instead of using the newly placed door in the northside of the guard tower, which there a big cutscene showing when u first went there.

I think there may have been a large amount of dialogue which could be easily missed during this quest. The ferryman's dialogue with Veldaban, the conversation about grimmson during the pub scene, and possibly others. I know I missed both. This just points more towards mod John's inability to produce a successful quest. Personally I hope Mod John doesn't create anymore quests as I've been underwhelmed by the ones he has created to date.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

The cannon is such a fun weapon to use. Can't sell the shots so i might as well use them. 'Boom!'-ing before every shot, so fun. Max i've hit so far was 46.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think there may have been a large amount of dialogue which could be easily missed during this quest. The ferryman's dialogue with Veldaban, the conversation about grimmson during the pub scene, and possibly others. I know I missed both. This just points more towards mod John's inability to produce a successful quest. Personally I hope Mod John doesn't create anymore quests as I've been underwhelmed by the ones he has created to date.

I had no trouble at all reading and understanding the dialogue, nor did I have trouble following the instructions and hints. Maybe you just suck at quests, and that's not John's fault.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I had no trouble at all reading and understanding the dialogue, nor did I have trouble following the instructions and hints. Maybe you just suck at quests, and that's not John's fault.

You miss the point Morningrise. There are dialogues that you may not experience if you take shortcuts, and which I'm assuming you can't experience after the quest is complete (since I too missed these...).

2dgucz6.png

You miss the point Morningrise. There are dialogues that you may not experience if you take shortcuts, and which I'm assuming you can't experience after the quest is complete (since I too missed these...).

That's very odd. I didn't do anything that wasn't implied or hinted at during the quest, and I caught every bit of dialogue. What kind of shortcuts?

dgs5.jpg

That's very odd. I didn't do anything that wasn't implied or hinted at during the quest, and I caught every bit of dialogue. What kind of shortcuts?

Originally quoted post above: If you go through the tower (where you fight the Cannoneer) instead of taking the boats to get around, you miss some sort of dialogue with the ferrymen. I don't know who Grimmson is though.

2dgucz6.png

Originally quoted post above: If you go through the tower (where you fight the Cannoneer) instead of taking the boats to get around, you miss some sort of dialogue with the ferrymen. I don't know who Grimmson is though.

I never once touched a boat, but I definitely saw the dialogue with the ferryman, and I know who Grimmson(sp) is.

dgs5.jpg

Wait. It was possible to take Veldaban round on the boats to get to the mine cart puzzle? That's the first thing I tried then Veldaban said "I don't think we'll find anything this way" (when taking him to the boat) and ran back to his building near the bank.

The cannon is such a fun weapon to use. Can't sell the shots so i might as well use them. 'Boom!'-ing before every shot, so fun. Max i've hit so far was 46.

And the only reason you would ever use it is to have fun.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Yup i hate to say it, as powerful as the cannon is, it feels innacurate, and i feel as if i do alot more damage with broad bolts/rune c'bow than the cannon.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Yup i hate to say it, as powerful as the cannon is, it feels innacurate, and i feel as if i do alot more damage with broad bolts/rune c'bow than the cannon.

Not to mention it is slow as crap and can blow up and has 2k per shot <.<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

It's actually fairly fast, but the special takes as long as two normal shots.

Mine blew up after around 80 shots, halfway through my second game of cw with it, which is longer than i thought it would last.

zqXeV.jpg

From the Knowledge Base:

Hand cannon

Aimed Shot

Greatly improves the chance of hitting an opponent. This requires longer to aim and there is a greater chance that the hand cannon will explode and be destroyed.

So, basically, this boosts accuracy by halving firing speed and increasing the chance to lose said weapon.

I still can't get over the whole self-destruct thing. How frequently do these drop again?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

To be honest they arent that common of a drop to have a fully fueled economy of them if people actually use them. I've had 3 as drops, along with over 1k shots, which themselves aren't overly common. To compare them, i'd say they are as rare as mauls from gargoyles, that type of rarity.

zqXeV.jpg

As did I :thumbup:

Excellent rewards for such a short quest ::'

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

I freaking hate quests :wall: Why oh why can't it be another animation pack?! <.<

You best be sarcastic!!

Would rather have a new, well made, quest than a new animation pack for scimitars.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I freaking hate quests :wall: Why oh why can't it be another animation pack?! <.<

Anyone with those stats would hate quests, so I'm not surprised. High enough that you've done the easy ones, yet not hard enough to tackle the real quests.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png