Dragon pickaxe finally out

hohto

However, d chain and d med are unique drops from 2 boss monsters, and d plate more or less too.

I agree on the chain, but the med a unique drop? I think it used to be like that, years ago when only the KBD dropped it.

D chain comes from The Kalphite Queen and Dust Devils. One of which is very easy to kill.

D Meds use to be only dropped by the KBD. Now you can get them from a variety of monsters. I've gotten one from a Steel Dragon, 1 from a Fire Giant and 3 from Abyssal Demons. Not that rare imo.

D Plate isn't as much as a rare drop but as "would i spend 1m and make it?".

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Guthix! Look at the new KB article!

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/cha ... attlefield

Apparently, Dwogres do NOT drop the Dragon Pickaxe! Apparently, it's the Chaos Dwarves that do! All that work! :lol:

This MAY mean that it's the lv 48s that noone cared about that were dropping them!

It's good to see such a nice pickaxe, but it's still a horrible thing considering the current state of Mining.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Collusus screwed up his quote and Baker quoted his mistake. I never said that about the d-med. I only said dragon is too rare and expensive for what level it is and now especially whenever they release a lvl 80+ set like they said.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Apparently, Dwogres do NOT drop the Dragon Pickaxe! Apparently, it's the Chaos Dwarves that do! All that work! :lol:

This MAY mean that it's the lv 48s that noone cared about that were dropping them!

Good find!! although the dwogres may be grouped into

The famed dragon pickaxe can also be found by killing chaos dwarves here. It will only be obtained by the most patient and persistent of chaos dwarf fighters, but it is worth it: the dragon pickaxe has a potent special attack and is the highest level pickaxe currently in the game.

because they are a mxture of the chaos dwarves and ogres.

but im gonna go on a lvl 48 chaos dwarf killing spree.

This is great. I kinda was looking forward to a work up to it though.. Like hints before release.. Then a more difficult way of obtaining..

This update is a bit late for me. Its lost its charm. Still good update for others starting out though.

I feel kinda gutted tbh. Its far too late a release for me to enjoy. I got 98-nearly 99 mining about 5 years ago, waiting 3 years for it, got 99 anyway, and that still was 2 years ago. I got level 100 mining now and already achieved my ultimate goal.

Your too late picky. Might buy you when your dirt cheap. I never camp out new items but even if I did the general loot I have seen people getting is pretty poor. Shame really. Hoped it would be more of a build up and difficult to get.

The famed dragon pickaxe can also be found by killing chaos dwarves here. It will only be obtained by the most patient and persistent of chaos dwarf fighters, but it is worth it: the dragon pickaxe has a potent special attack and is the highest level pickaxe currently in the game.

I bolded a key word.

You can only get the Dragon Pickaxe on the battlefield.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I got a Dragon Pickaxe in about 6 Dwogre kills! :D

I love it, having it has made mining just much more fun to me now somehow.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I bolded a key word.

Wait so does that mean that every chaos dwarf in the battlefield drops them, even the low level ones?

I bolded a key word.

Wait so does that mean that every chaos dwarf in the battlefield drops them, even the low level ones?

Yes. Everything except the Black Guard can drop them.

td2sig.jpg

I bolded a key word.

Yes. Everything except the Black Guard can drop them.

:shock: I'm going on a killing spree!

To be honest i wouldn't mind some word from Jagex on what exactly drops the Pickaxe. Becuase of the rarity from anything, even the Dwogres, it means numerous things could drop it without anybody knowing, or wanting to kill enugh of to get it. the only reason people went for the Zwogres and Cannoneers first is because they had the highest level.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

dpickspec.png

Lalala told me tip it wanted to use a picture of the d pick spec for something and I wasnt sure where to submit it. Credits pl0x!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

So I heard the 48s drop dragon picks so I went there for 30 minutes and....

123635l.png

:thumbsup:

Haha nice!

Nope not joking I seriously got it from them, i'm still killing them for more because nobody believes me soooo why not :lol:

why yes the 48s do drop the dragon pickaxe, yes they do :mrgreen:

after like 6 hours i finaly got mine.

So I heard the 48s drop dragon picks so I went there for 30 minutes and....

123635l.png

:thumbsup:

Haha you seriously got it from the 48's? Keep it quiet and here on tipit, there the only empty enemy there atm :lol:

Nope not joking I seriously got it from them, i'm still killing them for more because nobody believes me soooo why not :lol:

haha yeah while i was killing them i tried to not draw attention to myself, also in the few cannoneers kills i managed i got 1 hand cannon and 600 cannon shot