How fast is yours?

Mr_Muto

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

827047774.png

It's usually about 6Mbit/s, but my brother's on iPlayer at the moment. Best I can get where I live, tried asking Sky to see if the line would support a higher bandwidth, but then I'd get terrible packet loss.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Maybe a stupid question, but... how come Speed Test says my download speed is like 2.5 mb/s when I download at like 350kb/s max?

That's because speeds here are in megabits and that your download speed is 2.5 megabytes max, there's a difference between Mb/s and MB/s.

444951460.png

I think I win :thumbsup:

:shock:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

• 5 months later...

960628109.png

I get what I pay for, but then again I'm in the capital city. In at least one province city, you can get speed tests from this website with over 600 Mbps (both up/down) without any problems. If I could only dig one out, but then it was around 2007, so I doubt I'll find it.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Ooh, I haven't done this for my university yet. Here goes:

1023981703.png

It does the job, but it seems to throttle you randomly. I get the feeling I might be being throttled because someone else in my flat is torrenting or something, because I know it isn't me.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 3 weeks later...

1047831423.png

not sure if it makes a difference but this computer is behind a router and switch with one other computer and my xbox also on.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

At home for the weekend, but I ran one of these in university halls a while back and got the following:

998187363.png

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

1053331088.png

I'm not entirely sure how I can be 200 miles away from London, seeing as I'm in London... And it said my nearest server was Manchester >.<

Oh well, still pretty satisfied.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche