Within the Light - 13 October 2009

Da_Latios

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Death talisman is needed for the quest, or does a death tiara work? Have the latter, but not the first...
Adrian will give you a tailisman if you talk to him outside alter :rolleyes:

What Bored321 said, Arianwyn will give you a death talisman at that part if you ask him. Wish I knew that before I ran to get my Omni tiara lol...

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Yes!! Finally a new Elf quest that actually contributes to the story line!!

Too bad I keep getting disconnected every time I try to talk to the dwarf? I wonder if there's a bug that forces you to do stuff in a certain order...

Oh, well, I don't have enough time to do any more right now, anyways.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I knew I should have trained agility instead of firemaking, now my shiny new quest cape is beyond my reach already :( So glad this quest came out though, it's a brilliant set of quests and hopefully this wont be one of JagEx's 20 minutes quests again.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

The Wilderness Agility Course has been added to the allowed areas for Bounty and Bounty (+1) worlds.

=D> Finally i can use them :smile:

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

ouch looks like i gotta go fletch and head to ape atoll -.-

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Anyone wanna quick us a quick overview of the quest and what happens? Throw in some spoiler tags too?

Here's an image of the conversation with the Elven-Scribe about the events during the quest, also included a transcript alternative rather than a huge image.

Note: This image and transcript contains spoilers about the quest events, if you don't want to see anything relating to this quest - don't read it!

[hide=Image Link]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7756/scribeconversation.png[/hide]

[hide=Conversation Transcript]Gwir: So the Temple of Light's defences are active - it is secure and the mourners are weakened without them even knowing it. What happened next?

Kawoei: Arianwyn called for me once again. Thorgel, a dwarf I met in the temple, had sent word of the temple releasing some sort of energy.

It was clear Arianwyn knew this was going to lead somewhere, so, after a few tasks, he was disguised and we went to investigate together.

Gwir: Where did this investigation lead?

Kawoei: Well, with Arianwyn's insight, it led to me being energised in a similar way to the crystal I used to restart the temple's defences.

Gwir: And this was safe?

Kawoei: I survived, if that's what you mean. The energy wasn't lethal, but it did somehwat...transport me?

Gwir: Transport you where?

Kawoei: Into the light itself. The elves who built that temple must have been powerful, indeed. There was a whole other section in there with more light switches.

Gwir: So what did these switches do?

Kawoei: After I had figure out how to activate the switches, I finally managed to open the massive door in the room. It led to a corridor, which had unfortunately been the victim of a large cave-in.

Gwir: Was this corridor still within the light or was it in the real world again, so to speak?

Kawoei: A great question. Either it was still within the light or it served as (a) bridge between the Temple of Light and somewhere else.

Gwir: What makes you think that?

Kawoei: A body - there was a body in there. It was a dead elf messenger who must have perished in the rockslide. The report that he was carrying is where I learned of Prifddinas's fate.

Gwir: This I have heard; everyone is talking about it! The revelation that the city was reverted to crystal form...an entire city!

Kawoei: Indeed, and right now there are miners working to clear that cave-in so we can work towards restoring the city, once all threats to it are removed.

Gwir: That was great, thank you so much. I think that has filled in all the gaps. I'd better get to writing this all up properly. If you ever need a refresher of what's happened, I'll happily tell you everything that's happened.[/hide]

Gives you an understanding, without going into too much detail, hope that's helped. ;)

SO I woke up, poked my computer. A twitter was on my screen from someone i had been talking to about MEP3. "I was right." I went to RS, YES HE WAS. After about ten minutes of shrieking in glee, I actually looked at the requirements. 69 agility, not too bad... something else 70, I'm sure I have it... 75 woodcutting... no I DON"T have that, vines here I come, 75 range... oh ASDF I need to get TWO MORE 75s before I can do the quest?

Then I squeed some more, did a boogie, and then LOOKED at the 70 requirement.

FLETCHING?!

wait. 75 woodcutting is for magic trees. 70 fletching is for... let me check...

Damn. I was wrong. XD Yew longbows? Not magic shortbows? XDX

Oh well... damnit I hate fletching. *runs off to cut some vines*

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

The Wilderness Agility Course has been added to the allowed areas for Bounty and Bounty (+1) worlds.

That's the thing I'm most thrilled about in this update. I'm not much of a quest person so I doubt I'll do it.

EDIT: Not sure why everyone thinks the quest requirements are good :?, they seem fairly average to me.

I have been saving my agility brawlers, hoping for this update. Thank you Jagex!

Also, its about time we had another elf quest, even if it isn't a huge one.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This quest seems awesome. I have completed all the previous quests in the series a few months ago and now I look forward to do this quest. But first I should finish my goal of 85 rc, which won't take too long hopefully, and level up to level 75 Woodcutting, which is the only requirement that I don't meet.

Awesome job Jagex!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Great Quest requirements. One more w/c level and i'm on it :thumbsup:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

I like that we prove ourselves vaguely useful at chanting in this quest and that we have the prospect of elund trianing/treaching us more danlged there

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I like that we prove ourselves vaguely useful at chanting in this quest and that we have the prospect of elund trianing/treaching us more danlged there

That's what I thought too - could be very interesting. I had the prospect of even possibly different teleport locations for the crystals, namely quick access to the Temple of Light, although I doubt we'll see that. :)

That's what I thought too - could be very interesting. I had the prospect of even possibly different teleport locations for the crystals, namely quick access to the Temple of Light, although I doubt we'll see that. :)

AKA quick access to dark beasts without needing the outfit, amirite? :D

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

It was an alright mini quest. Kinda like an high standard appetizer.

I enjoyed the second half with the puzzles. Though perhaps a little clearer on what I was meant to be solving/why and extra difficulty so that I dont just achieve it by trying thought out yet mostly random combinations for half a minute.. :unsure:

Definately a great effort at creating a quest thats more enjoyable.