Race

Wizz

Actually, Hispanics are NOT an independent race. Spaniards were white and the natives were dark brown, combine the two together and you get brown. So they're actually half-half (if you were of native decent(Azetecs, Incas, etc.)). Because in the United States, we don't define half Native-Americans and half white people as hispanic. We define 'em as half Native-Americans and half white, and so should too the hispanics.

So technically, I'm pure white from Spanish and Italian origins. But by urban definition, I'm hispanic from Argentine origins (ironically the most white-European nation in Latin America).

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm black.

Do I win?

Your not superior to any of us.

Race has no effect on winning, its racist for you to suggest that.

:wall:

I meant that as in I'm most likely the only black person to be actively viewing the Off-Topic section of a Runescape forum...

I'm black.

What up brotha?

Lol, kidding. I don't really talk like that in real life.

Then you aren't really black.

That went away when we signed up for these forums :thumbup:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I'm Texan. So a good deal of Eastern Europe and Native American. Mainly Comanche.

I have a feeling most people here are white. Then, I would find the next largest group Asian, and then Hispanic, and finally black.

AND THEN, ZULU! WAHAHA!

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Not the Zulus!!!

Lent, what would you say the ratio between Whites, blacks, and Hispanics be in Texas? When I went to Houston it was like 4.5:4.5:1. I thought Texas was supposed to have a lot of hispanics. :blink:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Doesn't get any whiter than me. Half Dutch, half Italian.

Oh hell yeah! What part of the boot are you?

siggy3s.jpg

Houston has the most black people in Texas. But you obviously didn't go through much of Houston - there's still more hispanics and black people than you seem to think.

Through all the state, Hispanics make up between 30 and 40 percent I guess, and blacks make up maybe 15 to 20, from what I can remember from geography last year. Lot of Asians in the bigger cities as well. But North Texas and the Panhandle have the most whites. Really North Texas actually, although there aren't many black people in the Panhandle.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'm very white. Kind of a mix of Irish, Scottish, and Polish. Actually, I only know my heritage on my mom's side, I have no idea about my dad.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'm a white guy. No need to be more specific than that (mostly because I don't feel like going through the percents again)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'm a white guy. No need to be more specific than that (mostly because I don't feel like going through the percents again)

I always thought that was humorious. At most, a hispanic would say "Half blunt and blunt." Where as a white guy would usually say "Detail, detail, detail, detail, detail, detail, detail, and part detail."

--

I guess I must of been blind then, Lent.

siggy3s.jpg

It's because we look for something to make us unique when really there's nothing there.

Cause we're all looking to be unique, but still the same. I've been thinking about that a bit lately.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

It's because we look for something to make us unique when really there's nothing there.

True, I read somewhere than skin colour isn't even a good indicator of how different humans are genetically. Many different African tribes are more different with each other than they are with white or Asian people.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Doesn't get any whiter than me. Half Dutch, half Italian.

Want to be placed in Latin for Italian or want to be place in white for Dutch?

LenticularJ I'll put you in white under American.

Also I'm updating the list you guys.

EDIT: Ok so far

Middle East/ Indian/ Arabic= 2.5%

Black= 5.1%

Hispanic/Latin= 13%

Asian= 13%

White= 66.2%

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Can you put a special box for me: 'Gods' and then put me in, thankyou.

If you don't do it your RACIST.

Hextriplet. I believe Real Life Help and Advice is thattaway'

*Points*

Shoo.

Shoooo.

Anyway, why have you put Indian/Arabic/Middle Eastern together ?

And can you add a option : Citizen of Earth ?

Exactly. If someone is so hellbent on categorising themselves, just ask the random opinions of 10-20 average people on the street. They will tell you your ethnicity. You would probably get very honest replies. To be honest, it's ok to be proud of your heritage. But if you are concerned about how others percieve you.. Racial (and, racist) profiling is all about how you look, not from which province your grandmother or father was from. If you look black, that's how the government profiles you. If you look white, asian or native, that. Regardless of your genetic chart.

People should be proud of their life achievements, family members, etc.. Instead of trying to romanticize their roots. There is nothing inherently special, good or bad about being from any ethnic group. Ultimately it's your upbringing, attitude, decisions, environment and DNA that determine who you are as a person. The color of your skin or the structure of your face plays no role in that.

Like most people in Latin America, I'm a latino mestizo. Pretty much a mix between (west) Europeans and Native American.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

A lot of you are getting caught up in how people get into the details about their heritage. I just find it interesting - not as a means of feeling elite or whatever.

Many different African tribes are more different with each other than they are with white or Asian people.

Huh? If many are different than each other, but the same as whites and Asians, doesn't that make them pretty much the same as each other? Or did I read that wrong? :blink: