Race

Wizz

A lot of you are getting caught up in how people get into the details about their heritage. I just find it interesting - not as a means of feeling elite or whatever.

Many different African tribes are more different with each other than they are with white or Asian people.

Huh? If many are different than each other, but the same as whites and Asians, doesn't that make them pretty much the same as each other? Or did I read that wrong? :blink:

None are identical, because no person is identical. There can be more genetic diversity between people that would be classified as the same race than some members of that race and a race completely different from them.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like most people in Latin America, I'm a latino mestizo. Pretty much a mix between (west) Europeans and Native American.

And you live in Costa Rica, latin America.

Holy [cabbage] that's a kickass combination.

You must be able to fly, or like shoot laserbeams from your eyes, or something.

Anyway, I highly suggest watching a show called Race Relations by John Safran.

It's hilarious. Only upto it's 2nd episode, but you can watch both of them if you wish.

URL :

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/iview/

Want to be placed in Latin for Italian or want to be place in white for Dutch?

lul wot.

You do realise Italian has no connections with Latin America, right?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Can you put a special box for me: 'Gods' and then put me in, thankyou.

If you don't do it your RACIST.

Why, why, why? You claimed that you didn't just post rubbish to get your post count up, but here you go...

Anyway wouldn't this be better off as a poll? Save you adding it up yourself?

Anyway I'm caucasian, with English, Irish and Scottish heritage.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Hextriplet. I believe Real Life Help and Advice is thattaway'

*Points*

Shoo.

Shoooo.

Anyway, why have you put Indian/Arabic/Middle Eastern together ?

And can you add a option : Citizen of Earth ?

You want me to separate it into Middle Eastern/ Arabic and Indian gets it's own category?

List Updated. I change "White" to "Caucasian" and "Black" to "African Descent" because of some rants.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

*Points*

Shoo.

Shoooo.

You want me to separate it into Middle Eastern/ Arabic and Indian gets it's own category?

List Updated. I change "White" to "Caucasian" and "Black" to "African Descent" because of some rants.

We're all of African Descent. And not all "blacks" are from what we would consider African descent.

Don't worry about being politically correct. Were you demeaning blacks or whites by calling them that? If the answer is no, then why should you have to change it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, I'm a weird case. I am 25% German, 25% Irish, 25% Korean, and 25% Unknown. The reason for this is that my dad is half Korean and does not know the ethnicity of his father because he was a soldier during the Korean War.

So yeah, have fun with what you want to put me as. Probably white for me, but I love the asian twist in my gene pool. :P

So (German, Irish, Korean)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

*Points*

Shoo.

Shoooo.

White and black's fine with me, and if you get insulted by that you're way too easily insulted. Unless ofcourse the person is using it in an offensive way, which isn't the case here.

And so far, there aren't even Indians, so making a seperate tag would be kinda stupid, but Indians and Arabs are 2 completely different people, so putting them together would be like putting Mexicans together with Northern-Africans (Morocco, Libya, Egypt...). They kinda look the same but they're both very different.

*Points*

Shoo.

Shoooo.

Lol, I'm actully very godlike.

African descent, maybe not. If people are offended by black they are pathetic.

Change it to Caucasians, negroids and Mongoloids.

meatlover.png

I think the Caucasian thing was probably me. :razz: Since a lot of African Americans made/make a huge deal about being called black, I make it a big deal to be called white. Nobody's black or white, it's all stupid.

Nobody's black or white, it's all stupid.

Black or white is a better description than African American (obviously the American part is just for Americans) or Caucasian because what it comes down to is skin colour, not how alike people are. I mentioned this above that a black and white person that would be classified separately can be closer genetically than a two black people or two white people that would be classified the same.

Plus Caucasian as a race classification included Africans, Arabs, Indians and many Europeans originally. Or it is the term for the people of the Caucasus Mountains in the Georgia/Azerbaijan area. African American isn't a good classification for black people because there are many white people who would also be considered African American, the popular example is Charlize Theron who was born in Africa and moved to the US.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Know that you have a brother under the same flag, sir.

Though actual genes dictate my body stems from Bangladesh. Next to India.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

It's not that big of a deal, but "American" (as in, not the natives) isn't an ancestry. It's a nationality.

Also, with the whole political correctness debate....Why not just list general areas?

For example:

-North American (native)

-Mesoamerican (native)

-South American (native

-European

-Middle Eastern

-Asian

-Indian (subcontinent)

-African (native)

-Australian (aborigine)

-Other

If someone's Black and has African roots, then you would simply put them under "Africa (native)". However, a problem arises when they are biracial. (Native American/European ancestry) You would then need to list them under a different group, such as "Other".

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Can you stick me in Asian/ Middle Easter/ White?

Long story, my grandfather is Tatar (Mongolian) which is Asian, my grandma is Turkish (Middle Eastern) and on the other side I'm a mix of Ukrainian/ Romanian (European).

Ironically, all sides of my genealogy were at war with each other at one points or another, then they made love and I was born. :rolleyes:

22031_s.gif