For Those That Hate 76k'rs: What Have You Done to Stop Them?

NukeMarine

Seems like a simple question. I'm hearing lots of complaints about 76k'rs, but most of the reaction is wanting Jagex to do something about it. Well, what have you the player done against it?

Think about it: Here is the 76k'r that is in an area you can attack, wearing minimal equipment (hence 76k'rs), and skulled. If they teleport, they lose 30 minutes worth of "effort". So why aren't you attacking them? Why aren't you, in your strong desire of honorable money making, killing these guys getting EP for just standing around? Let me guess, these minimally clad players are protected by heavily armored clans? Oh, so they're using teamwork to get a profit like it takes teamwork to make a profit at the Corporeal demon? They run away? They teleport? You don't want to risk 76k or more to kill them? You don't PK?

Course, that brings up Jagex making it hard for you. So Jagex, what incentives have you given the PLAYERS to kill these guys standing around with minimal armor and weapons? Can you make it easier for us to FIND these guys so we can kill them. So, what changes can bring this about?

Although I posted it as a question, it's more of a critique. Players need to kill 76k'rs (actually anyone in the wild). Jagex needs to improve incentives for killing, and improve ability to find 76k'rs. With chance of being killed raises then only those actually risking 76k (as in, a reasonable chance of losing that amount) benefit.

Personally (and I've been suggesting it for awhile) I think some changes that can encourage players to kill 76k'rs:

1. When you are killed, you lose EP. More wealth you carry, the less EP you lose. (Discourages trading kills).

2. If you kill a person carrying 76k that hasn't been one of your last 20 kills, you get a random drop worth 25k gp. (Encourages killing 76k'rs)

3. Players you can attack, and are carrying 76k appear with a red skull on screen (let's you find 76k'rs easier)

4. Players you can attack, and are carrying 76k appear as a purple dot on your radar screen (let's you find 76k'rs easier)

5. EP is gained when players that can attack you are on your radar (prevents hiding in "safe spots").

6. EP is gained via other players on radar limited to so much per each player. (discourages safe spots with small groups).

I think things like the above encourages PK'rs to kill 76k'rs (and everybody else).

Still, what have you, the player, done so far about it?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My solution:

Turn 76k/26k into 760k/260k or even 7600k/2600k.

And 76k players should not be marked with purple dots - that is the same color dot as clanmates. It should be orange dots.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't think you're aware how 76kers build ep. They stand there with an item worth 76k, and a rune dart. The item worth 76k has to not protect over the rune dart. So if they're ever attacked, they simply throw their rune dart. Making it very easy to afk build ep with auto retaliate on.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I don't pk, I skill. So my point might be completely irrelevant, but I do hate 76K'ers. the fact that someone can make triple the cash I do for no work at all kinda gets me annoyed. But that may seem biased because I don't enjoy pking, or combat for that matter.

Down with 76Kíng :P

disturbeda.png

I love your idea "1.", sounds like it has weight behind it (obviously not a full solution though). In regards to this idea:

4. Players you can attack, and are carrying 76k appear as a purple dot on your radar screen (let's you find 76k'rs easier)

I believe purple dots are already taken (I haven't played much lately so I'm not sure if it's either people in your clan chat or wearing the same wilderness cape as you). A red dot might work, to match the red skull in your 3rd idea.

I'm not a big PK'er, but I'd definetly go for 76k'er hunting if some of these ideas come about :P

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I believe purple dots are already taken (I haven't played much lately so I'm not sure if it's either people in your clan chat or wearing the same wilderness cape as you). A red dot might work, to match the red skull in your 3rd idea.

Actually, purple dots are people in the same clan chat as you. The same wilderness capes are blue dots.

Red dots = dropped items.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I rushed the ep farmers mwuhahahaha so much fun and easy kills :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Actually, purple dots are people in the same clan chat as you. The same wilderness capes are blue dots.

Red dots = dropped items.

Hah, shows hows long I haven't properly played RS :P At least I got one thing right... sorta.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I'm not going to go that far out of my way to stop only a few people doing it, it wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

"A few"... yeah right.

If it were only a few players doing it, then would mass inflation be major?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I'm not going to go that far out of my way to stop only a few people doing it, it wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

"A few"... yeah right.

If it were only a few players doing it, then would mass inflation be major?

I used "a few", in terms of the people I could stop. I'm not going to be able to kill every person gaining EP on the several worlds that it's possible...:-|

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I would say:

the maximum amount a person can drop (in statuettes) is limitted to the quadruble (4 times) the value a person is carrying..

But then also make the general chance for statuettes more likely.. (So on average the same amount the person is carrying is dropped in loot).

This would completely ruin 75king: they would get at most 300k (and on average the 75k they actually risked). Also it will give a lot of the old-wildernes back (the old wildernes never used to be a "money maker" - it was actually a wealth sink -more items lost than won-), and it will give an even higher reward for killing dificult (those risking a lot, and having expensive armour) targets. For the lower levels (among whom 75k is the max they can afford), apparantly 300k is a lot for them: so they'll be more than happy to get this amount of money. - Also this is more like the old wilderness used to be: if you caried low-class armour you had no chance of killing somebody with very high level armour, so you could never earn suddenly 5+M if you only wielded full rune!

So all in all I believe limiting the max-statuette to the amount risked would solve the 76k trick!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

This topic is as irrelevant as it's big atm.

The majority of RS players never pk, like me.

I skill and slay to get cash so yeah I'm against the 76K'ers and with reason.

I don't have the skills nor motivation to stop them, or even try to.

I'd just get owned, so is it Jagex that has to take out the 76k trick?

ABSOLUTELY, I can't do anything about it and 90% of RS plays like me.

So don't waste your own time making a nonse topic like this.

The trick is so lame and the players who abuse the system to make huge amounts of cash are not even worth calling names or anything. It's just pathetic!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

The trick is so lame and the players who abuse the system to make huge amounts of cash are not even worth calling names or anything. It's just pathetic!

Umm, the TC is coming up with solutions to stop 76k/26k, and we are providing our own as well.

We all hate 76k/26k trick, and we know we can't do anything about it, but it's still worth discussing.

My solution (as mentioned above) is to increase the risking amount. 760k/260k seems like a good amount, but 7600k/2600k seems viable too.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Umm, the TC is coming up with solutions to stop 76k/26k, and we are providing our own as well.

We all hate 76k/26k trick, and we know we can't do anything about it, but it's still worth discussing.

My solution (as mentioned above) is to increase the risking amount. 760k/260k seems like a good amount, but 7600k/2600k seems viable too.

That makes it next to impossible for lower levels who definately can't afford that. Not everybody has a few mil to throw away to pk!

weiyao5.png

That makes it next to impossible for lower levels who definately can't afford that. Not everybody has a few mil to throw away to pk!

This just gives them an incentive to go and make money, aka TRAIN YOUR GODDAMN SKILLS ALREADY.

It can also nerf tricking so that mass inflation will stop, because, as you said, not everybody has that much money just for PvP.

Money sinks are needed in Runescape. Badly.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Hey like I said: even if you don't risk MAX you still get a chance on a good drop: it's just lower..

THAT'S EXACTLY LIKE IT WAS PREVIOUSLY: AND HOW IT SHOULD BE! - Previously you had to risk a few mil to get a few mil.. It was "higher risk", better chance for better rewards.

Nowadays the amount you risk hardly matters!

Then they came for me

This just gives them an incentive to go and make money, aka TRAIN YOUR GODDAMN SKILLS ALREADY.

It can also nerf tricking so that mass inflation will stop, because, as you said, not everybody has that much money just for PvP.

Money sinks are needed in Runescape. Badly.

More money sinks are not the answer to a broken pvp system. It will just delay the inevitable if 76king isn't repaired.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Tell me how to risk 260k in F2P without carrying coins or such in your inventory. And 2600k in F2P? Very few F2P's even have that much money, and if they do, they are not risking it in PvP.

760k/7600k in members is not too good either. Many low lever PK'ers use cheap equipment (rune armour, dragon daggers and longswords etc), which certainly isn't worth 760k. 7600k is WAY too much. Most players can't afford that expensive equipment, and even if they did, they wouldn't use it in PvP because of the high risk of losing it.

And what about players who simply can't use that expensive equipment because of their levels? You need pretty high stats to wear that expensive equipment (unless you use things like trimmed armor, rares or fury amulet...). Most PK'ers under level 100 would be gone with a 7600k limit, and everyone in F2P with a 2600k limit.

Tell me how to risk 260k in F2P without carrying coins or such in your inventory. And 2600k in F2P? Very few F2P's even have that much money, and if they do, they are not risking it in PvP.

760k/7600k in members is not too good either. Many low lever PK'ers use cheap equipment (rune armour, dragon daggers and longswords etc), which certainly isn't worth 760k. 7600k is WAY too much. Most players can't afford that expensive equipment, and even if they did, they wouldn't use it in PvP because of the high risk of losing it.

And what about players who simply can't use that expensive equipment because of their levels? You need pretty high stats to wear that expensive equipment (unless you use things like trimmed armor, rares or fury amulet...). Most PK'ers under level 100 would be gone with a 7600k limit, and everyone in F2P with a 2600k limit.

again: what's the problem of not getting the maximum drop chance?????- WHY SHOULD YOU GET 5M possibly when only risking full rune??? - makes absolutely no sense to me

Then they came for me

Taking out 76k'ing will NOT stop inflation. It will only slow it down a little bit.

There are more actual pkers than there are 76k'ers. Real pkers are doing more harm to the economy than 76k'ers, because when they die they lose all there items. So that's one less set of bandos and an AGS in the economy AND an amount of pure cash put into the economy, thus rising the price of those items AND every other item in game.

PvP artifacts are just as much to blame as 76k'ers. They are both the downfall to this game.

I don't see why Jagex is taking so long to remove artifacts. Are they waiting to see if they can hinder 76k'ing?

Stellactic.gif

Alright, so then why should the rest of the community be so inconvinced merely to prevent the exploits of a few "dis-honorable" (in a loose sense) players? Why can't Jagex merely prevent 76king, rather than leaving the burden on their players for nearly no reward (unless you actually kill them).