For Those That Hate 76k'rs: What Have You Done to Stop Them?

NukeMarine

I feel as though most of you don't get it. Inflation is not a problem to the runescape economy... It never will be a problem even though it's rampant. Any economics professor or book will tell you that the supply of money is independent of the amount of goods and services produced. In fact... A simple way to end 76king is to make the number and the amount of pure gp dropped more than the number of items gained. This will make the gp worth less compared to items... Meaning that the real value gained through pvp is much less than the real value that skilling gets you. In this case, inflation is the solution and not a problem.

If you don't understand what i've just said, don't flame me for something you can't understand. If you still think inflation is bad, you need to read my thread "relating economics to runescape"... It will explain lots of it.

Edit: stupid iPod touch.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you're aware how 76kers build ep. They stand there with an item worth 76k, and a rune dart. The item worth 76k has to not protect over the rune dart. So if they're ever attacked, they simply throw their rune dart. Making it very easy to afk build ep with auto retaliate on.

Farcast them with barrage and they can't attack back. Most of them are AFK don't bring food either.

What do I do? I kill people gaining EP that have darts/javs while I wait for my spec to restore. Free bounty hunter rogue rank.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I don't pk, I skill. So my point might be completely irrelevant, but I do hate 76K'ers. the fact that someone can make triple the cash I do for no work at all kinda gets me annoyed. But that may seem biased because I don't enjoy pking, or combat for that matter.

Down with 76Kíng :P

Ye, but they make more gp than you because you don't have any good moneymaking skills, like 85 mining. WC is just bad cash to begin with.

But I agree with the skull idea.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Tell me how to risk 260k in F2P without carrying coins or such in your inventory. And 2600k in F2P? Very few F2P's even have that much money, and if they do, they are not risking it in PvP.

760k/7600k in members is not too good either. Many low lever PK'ers use cheap equipment (rune armour, dragon daggers and longswords etc), which certainly isn't worth 760k. 7600k is WAY too much. Most players can't afford that expensive equipment, and even if they did, they wouldn't use it in PvP because of the high risk of losing it.

And what about players who simply can't use that expensive equipment because of their levels? You need pretty high stats to wear that expensive equipment (unless you use things like trimmed armor, rares or fury amulet...). Most PK'ers under level 100 would be gone with a 7600k limit, and everyone in F2P with a 2600k limit.

You do realize that there's a statuette drop worth 5M, right?

That's why I rose the risking amount by that much.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Tell me how to risk 260k in F2P without carrying coins or such in your inventory. And 2600k in F2P? Very few F2P's even have that much money, and if they do, they are not risking it in PvP.

760k/7600k in members is not too good either. Many low lever PK'ers use cheap equipment (rune armour, dragon daggers and longswords etc), which certainly isn't worth 760k. 7600k is WAY too much. Most players can't afford that expensive equipment, and even if they did, they wouldn't use it in PvP because of the high risk of losing it.

And what about players who simply can't use that expensive equipment because of their levels? You need pretty high stats to wear that expensive equipment (unless you use things like trimmed armor, rares or fury amulet...). Most PK'ers under level 100 would be gone with a 7600k limit, and everyone in F2P with a 2600k limit.

You do realize that there's a statuette drop worth 5M, right?

That's why I rose the risking amount by that much.

Ya. Because we get a 5M stat drop every kill... :|

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

I do pk mostly to kill 76kers and other wanderers that come my way.

I think they should take out some of the statues and boost pvp equipment drops, they are a sinkhole(degrade into nothing) which means they always leave the game. Maybe make pvp equip for lower to medium levels as well. Statues need to come out of the game and be replaced by more realistic drops or some newer pvp aids.

again: what's the problem of not getting the maximum drop chance?????- WHY SHOULD YOU GET 5M possibly when only risking full rune??? - makes absolutely no sense to me

Do you realize some people fight various monsters in full rune and have the chances of getting things like a draconic visage which is worth way more than 5 mil?.....Does that still not make any sense to you? And please don't try and tell me its completely different because its not, in either case you need an extreme amount of luck to get either drop. A 5 mil drop doesn't happen often, I have had way over 500 kills with only one 5 mil statue, so please stop talking out of your [wagon].

again: what's the problem of not getting the maximum drop chance?????- WHY SHOULD YOU GET 5M possibly when only risking full rune??? - makes absolutely no sense to me

Do you realize some people fight various monsters in full rune and have the chances of getting things like a draconic visage which is worth way more than 5 mil?.....Does that still not make any sense to you? And please don't try and tell me its completely different because its not, in either case you need an extreme amount of luck to get either drop. A 5 mil drop doesn't happen often, I have had way over 500 kills with only one 5 mil statue, so please stop talking out of your [wagon].

Let's check what we're talking about:

runeplatebody: 69k
rune scimitar:   33k
rune plateskirt: 40k
glory:           51k
rune fullhelm:   21k
-------------------
total:          147k

We're talking about even less than that! - So these people will have at MOST lobsters to heal, and prayer potions will be out of their reach.

When they would go fighting against dragons (deliberately left out the shield spot), I doubt they could manage to kill 1 iron dragon a trip...

Nope, but the chance is about 4-5 times as high as a draconic visage, I've personally killed way over 750 combined steel/irons - and countless blacks/kbds (total will be around 1k): never to have seen a visage -at least at those monsters being capable of killing in full rune-. - And they take much longer to get killed when wielding a rune scimitar than another player takes to get killed (wielding full rune/75k limitted armour).

On top of that pvp has a few more 1M+ drops, like I said, iron dragons DON'T have these.

Really taking 76k to dragons and expecting to win isn't possible, so that would make your argument pretty void!

And hence my argument still stands: for those who 76k is a lot of money, and the max they are willing to risk, shouldn't expect to get 5M, 300k - 500k is a nice amount they should be capable of getting

Really risking 1.25M isn't hard in P2P these days!

AND for the last time: pking should never be profitable in the long term, THAT makes it unbalanced.. - It used to revolve around "A looses something, then B wins something, but never more than A looses". - By making pking profitable jagex forgot 1 thing: it means very afast wealth can get into the game: simply because a player can be killed very fast, there's no limiting factor in this! Also it's always open for abuse, and will always be abused!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Nope, but the chance is about 4-5 times as high as a draconic visage, I've personally killed way over 750 combined steel/irons - and countless blacks/kbds (total will be around 1k): never to have seen a visage -at least at those monsters being capable of killing in full rune-. - And they take much longer to get killed when wielding a rune scimitar than another player takes to get killed (wielding full rune/75k limitted armour).

On top of that pvp has a few more 1M+ drops, like I said, iron dragons DON'T have these.

^ Ugh. You do realize that when you were ur good weapons and armour to kill a monster, you are NOT risking those good expensive items?

You can't compare wearing expensive items to kill a monster in a safe situation where you risk nothing due to graves to pking where you could lose your items.

Also there is the luck factor in killing dragons, a draconic visage is rare you could spend 10 years killing dragons without ever seeing a visage.

You are also getting other drops and monster loot that add up in value. Dragon bones alone are worth so much.

The best way to get rare valuable drops is to do slayer and dragons come up as a task regularly. I'm not sure why but there seems to be enhanced luck built into slayer which is also why a lot of people slay past lvl 85. It's not all about the whips. Also do the clue scrolls slayer monsters drop it's very profitable.

There's something extremely wrong with the system when the players have to act when the company will not.

Jagex has been reacting.

1. They took monster drops out of pvp because prices for whips etc. were crashing.

2. They revamped pvp because skilling prices were crashing, it wasn't too long ago this spring where all resources cost significantly less from dragon bones to sharks. It's actually more profitable to skill now than it ever has been thanks to inflation and 76king and PVP.

3. They are working on rebalancing pvp, but if it's not profitable enough people won't pvp. There has to be profits. Maybe it would have been better if they hadn't outlined how ep and the pvp loot system works but when pvp came out people were furious that their kills weren't yielding good drops. This current form of pvp is nothing like the pre-trade restrictions wildy, it's more a pvp minigame with rules etc.

Jagex has been reacting.

1. They took monster drops out of pvp because prices for whips etc. were crashing.

2. They revamped pvp because skilling prices were crashing, it wasn't too long ago this spring where all resources cost significantly less from dragon bones to sharks. It's actually more profitable to skill now than it ever has been thanks to inflation and 76king and PVP.

3. They are working on rebalancing pvp, but if it's not profitable enough people won't pvp. There has to be profits. Maybe it would have been better if they hadn't outlined how ep and the pvp loot system works but when pvp came out people were furious that their kills weren't yielding good drops. This current form of pvp is nothing like the pre-trade restrictions wildy, it's more a pvp minigame with rules etc.

1. And replaced it with a system that created massive inflation, effectively creating the same effect RWT did beforehand.

2. It is good that Jagex took an interest into the PvP system and allowed those markets to revive, but it was completely unessecary to introduce 76king along with it. To Bold: No, skillers merely recieve more "actual" goldpieces; they don't actually gain more profits, in the sense of gaining more spending power, because the entire market has inflated.

3. PvP was never very profitable; more often than not people actually lost money. Yet people would certainly spend the time and effort to create such accounts.

Jagex's actions still do not do nearly enough to eliminate the disadvantages of 76king, which is essentially a replacement for RWTing.

There's something extremely wrong with the system when the players have to act when the company will not.

It's to reply "I Don't PK" in response to this thread. However, you have to realize the reason Jagex set up this system is so people will have reasons to attack other players while at the same time introducing risk. The problem is PEOPLE DON'T PK these 76k'rs. If larger groups showed up in the PvP worlds and began handling business, then someone that profited off 76k'ing probably deserves it.

This is the reason I think there's got to be not only better incentive to kill ANYONE that's carrying more than 76k in wealth, but ease to attack.

What I don't want is Jagex to come up with some complicated formula to determine that player A is legitimately playing as a PKr while player B is just gaming the system. Sooner or later it will just break down. If Jagex just makes it easier to find guys that carry 76k or more, and gives me an IMMEDIATE, GUARENTEED reward for killing him, then you'll find more players going out and killing.

Color Dot? Heck, make it a small red skull or a blue X or a yellow circle. Come on guys, don't sweat minor stuff like that. The point is I can tell who are potential targets on my radar.

Guy's abusing the system using a Dart? Make it on PvP worlds that ammo that lands on the ground is visible to all. Keeps in sync with not being able to drop items while in combat.

I don't PK? Then this is not about you completely. Yeah, the inflation is seriously affecting normal players, but that can be solved with PvP based currency instead of converting idols to gp out of the gate (used to buy the PvP armor, brawling gloves and other stuff). Definately increase money sinks in both Members and F2P. Still, the system is set up on the idea that players are trying to kill other players. If you leave them alone, the system doesn't work.

Still, good to know that the suggestion about dying costing EP inversely proportional to the wealth you're carrying was accepted.

No comment about getting rewarded immediately killing anyone with 76k or more?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I always attack 76kers with my AGS its really fun and they always say "Get a life noob!" and get angry at me, all I say is "Sorry for killing someone.... in PVP rofl." Hopefully Jagex could put some of those Ideas in the game and I have one that could atleast lessen the effects I think. Making different worlds, each one you have to risk more for a reward for example there is a 30k world so low levels don't have to risk as much and they could get a max drop of say 80k but if you were on a 4m risk world you could get drops like ancient statuettes. Hope you understand what I mean because its late and I'm about to go to bed, btw someone might have suggested this didn't read through whole thread.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I once took down a guy gaining EP while he had full black d'hide, granite shield, the full range tank works. He was AFK with auto-retaliate off. -.-

And really, whacking EP-gainers isn't really doing anything to help. Whacking people while they 76k isn't helping either - you're just taking their weapons out of the game, making them worth even more.

Not to mention the fact that there are hundreds of places where people can 76k safely. Lletya and MA come to mind...

a70c7.png

I once took down a guy gaining EP while he had full black d'hide, granite shield, the full range tank works. He was AFK with auto-retaliate off. -.-

And really, whacking EP-gainers isn't really doing anything to help. Whacking people while they 76k isn't helping either - you're just taking their weapons out of the game, making them worth even more.

Not to mention the fact that there are hundreds of places where people can 76k safely. Lletya and MA come to mind...

I think I mentioned how to compensate for safe spots. Think about it like this: EP assumes you risked 76k for a certain amount of time. Now, if you're in an area with NO ONE on the radar, are you really risking 76k? It can't take too much effort for Jagex to make it where EP is earned when people that can attack you are on your radar (which also means you are on theirs). Jagex could also limit by saying the slowest EP is gained with 1 person on the radar, while the fastest (it's current rate now) would be with 10 people. It can further limit it by saying each unique person can add at most 3% to your EP until you've lost EP in some way (penalty such as death or teleporting out of battle, or benefit such as get rewarded by kills).

Again, this is all going on the assumption Jagex wants you to risk wealth around guys that have no problem attacking you. Jagex offered some fixes to the problem: Penalize teleporting out of battle, Creation of auto-skull (or +1), can't drop items in combat, no item save prayer, etc. Obviously, just depending on how EP works now is not working due to trading kills and the ease of gaining EP with no reasonable risk. Penalizing trading kills, and increasing risk when gaining EP can fix this.

And if you want money sinks, the BEST idea (though people will hate it) is require a person carry 76k gp coins. If there's complaints about this taking up a valuable spot, then allow an NPC that'll take the 76k as a "deposit". Anytime you're killed on PvP worlds, the deposit is lost. Heck, make it where you can deposit over 5 million gp, but each death will take out 76k gp (allowing you to return to combat fast). Anything you carry still gets lost like normal.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

In a sense I also belong to a category that isn't really affected that much by inflation. My main income was drops from slayer.

The prices of the rare drops go up with inflation. In that sense nothing really changes. It's just that you can buy less for the same amount of GP.

A problem is when your income is dependent on drops that do not rise or if your income depends on high alching stuff. The high alch price doesn't change.

Not so long ago I would get 1.4M for a whip drop. Now it is closer to 4M. The price of consumables and other stuff has gone up, but not more than the income from rare drops.

So technically not much has changed. I haven't gotten poorer in the sense that I can afford less. Most of my Gp is tied up in items anyway. I only have 27M spare cash/gp.

But now that I have reached my goal of 99 slayer I am willing to look into this matter. Hunting 76kers seems like it has the potential to be a fun activity.

But we should really look into getting organized???

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Everyone hates 76k/26kers because they perceive people doing nothing for huge drops while you work hard. There are not that many trickers perhaps 1:100 pkers and the bulk of people who trick are pkers who have run out of returning sets/ pots/food does not buy and they need to use up there Ep etc.

There is no way to rid tricking without making the system more dysfunctional.

No one disagrees with the system apart from a few whining skillers, pkers are not going to comment on how good things are going but the skillers are going to write long argumentative suggestions.

563rd to 99 mining on 15/08/07

99 Farming

As long as PvP creates gp 76kers aren't ever going to stop. There is no way Jagex can make 76kers unable to operate and still let other players PvP with the current system.

Think about BH and the Wilderness before PvP worlds ever came out, no matter the outcome of the battle, money left the game. Whether this was through someone eating food, drinking pots, or even wasting arrows, it didn't matter, pre-PvP worlds, PvP combat couldn't bring items into the game.

Until Jagex realises their mistake and reverts to a more traditional PvP system 76kers aren't going to be stopped, no matter what anyone does.

10xy5fk.png