[DevBlog] Distractions & Diversions: Court Cases

Mil

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I see somebody say this was aimed at kids? I can't think of a subject related less to children than court cases.

It sounds like a good distraction, and could be a very good insight into the lores of some NPC's. I wonder if it will only be humans tried? Imagine a trial of the KBD for burning somebody to a crisp.

I can. It'll probably involve court cases with Penguins and other childish NPC's. I don't mind that Runescape has a childish element to it; it keeps things fresh sometimes. It just seems like they're coming out with updates lately that are lacking in substance.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

"You can't handle the truth" and "this whole court is out of order" are such better quotes than "objection." It'd be fun to see jagex putting those into this distraction and diversion.

Also, I don't see how a lack of substance is the same as childish.

Did I see somebody say this was aimed at kids? I can't think of a subject related less to children than court cases.

It sounds like a good distraction, and could be a very good insight into the lores of some NPC's. I wonder if it will only be humans tried? Imagine a trial of the KBD for burning somebody to a crisp.

I can. It'll probably involve court cases with Penguins and other childish NPC's. I don't mind that Runescape has a childish element to it; it keeps things fresh sometimes. It just seems like they're coming out with updates lately that are lacking in substance.

Penguins are some of the most mentaly complex NPC's in the game, and i'm pretty sure it won't have many Childish ones either, overall a very nice addition imo.

Penguins are some of the most mentaly complex NPC's in the game, and i'm pretty sure it won't have many Childish ones either, overall a very nice addition imo.

I don't think I'd venture to say that Runescape has NPCs that are "mentally complex". They're designed to say and do things. I'm talking about themes, not the mental complexity of an avatar.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

It's based off a murder trial concerning a noble family, poison, a few knights, kidnapping and imprisonment. I don't think it's going to be childish.

Sounds like a good premise to me, I think the best way would be to release 10 easy, 10 medium and 5 hard cases, then make a 'court summons' as a drop twice as rare as a clue scroll. This would assign you to a random case you haven't completed, regardless of how you obtained the summons. Jagex can then add any new cases when it's appropriate.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I love how everyone is judging a piece of content they haven't even played yet, much less having finalized features.

It's just that I don't play runescape to play court games, I never asked for it, no-one did

Runescape should remain as a medieval fantasy game, when you slay monsters and get your resources, phoenix wright rip-offs have their place on funorb

What a poor argument. I also doubt you signed on to build houses, catch implings in a field, play a minesweeper mini-game, act in a circus, or any skill/mini-game that was released after you joined. Get over it, MMOs change.

And Runescape isn't Medieval, and the game isn't JUST about slaying monsters and getting resources.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I love how everyone is judging a piece of content they haven't even played yet, much less having finalized features.

It's just that I don't play runescape to play court games, I never asked for it, no-one did

Runescape should remain as a medieval fantasy game, when you slay monsters and get your resources, phoenix wright rip-offs have their place on funorb

What a poor argument. I also doubt you signed on to build houses, catch implings in a field, play a minesweeper mini-game, act in a circus, or any skill/mini-game that was released after you joined. Get over it, MMOs change.

And Runescape isn't Medieval, and the game isn't JUST about slaying monsters and getting resources.

I agree through.

OBJECTION

Its Fanasty.

I think this idea sounds alright.

It's unlikely the event will release cases on a weekly basis. Right now we're thinking maybe something more like Treasure Trails where you get a 'Court Summons' in a drop. That way you won't plow through them too fast!

I like this :)

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Please dear GOD let the reward be a Phoenix Wright emote. <3: <3:

That would make the D&D perfect. :D *pictures character yelling out and pointing*

The actual idea sounds very promising, there's so many different scenarios they could create.

If it's anything like Phoenix Wright it's going to be awesome.

I guess this is what happens when you die for the first time now....

deathd.png

Hmm, I might have to die on one of my noob accounts to see that.

I really like this idea. I hope it gives item rewards instead of just experience. I personally like the idea of striving to obtain a set of clothing and other rewards.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I thought Jagex was supposed to stop aiming updates towards children. Seems like the ones lately have kind of been childish. I wouldn't want anything to do with this minigame/event.

Because most lawyers are children.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

lol. "Noone asked for it"

I don't recall anyone requesting a Slayer skill.

Anyway, sounds great! I can't wait to get one as a drop when it comes out. :)

Also, I think they should stop making everything relate back to combat. You should be able to get a scroll drop when woodcutting, and it falls out a tree, or while mining or something. Combat might be a big part of runescape, but it's not the only part.

I thought Jagex was supposed to stop aiming updates towards children. Seems like the ones lately have kind of been childish. I wouldn't want anything to do with this minigame/event.

Yeah, you nailed it on the head. That's totally what I was aiming at.

I just picture this as a useless event that'll be in the Kangaroo Court style. I'm just sick of lame updates.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

Yeah, you nailed it on the head. That's totally what I was aiming at.

I just picture this as a useless event that'll be in the Kangaroo Court style. I'm just sick of lame updates.

That's part of being a whiner, you see. You instantly assume an update's going to be bad or useless, without even giving them the chance to expand further than "this is what we'd like to do" before you pass judgment that it is stupid, useless, or immature.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ah, this post prompted me to look up some court humor :rolleyes: .

* Lawyer: "Do you know how far pregnant you are now?"

* Witness: "I'll be three months on November 8."

* Lawyer: "Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?"

* Witness: "Yes."

* Lawyer: "What were you doing at that time?"

Anyways, sounds like an interesting D&D, probably will rotate less since it varies more week to week than others (I.E needing a different plot each time).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well since no oneelse has said it, I guess it's up to me...

Now I'll get to take Klarense (the guy from Dragon Slayer) to court for stealing my boat...

Boats are used for...

SAILING!!!!!@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I'm looking forward to taking Mollys sister to court and giving her the freaking chair.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever