Tip.it Times 15 November 2009

Mirror

Did you know... ...While the Crystal Bow and Shield have a requirement of 50 agility, the quest to obtain them has an agility requirement of 56. However, since spicy stews have a chance to boost agility six points, the quest can still be done at level 50. (Thanks to Necromagus!)

This one isn't correct. You cannot obtain a crystal shield or bow at 50 agility.

If you have 50 agility( minimum xp is 101333), then the agility xp from regicide will put you to 115083 xp, which is well over level 51(111945 xp)

Weakest Times in ages to be completely honest. I'm ok with promoting user written articles, but making it the only article this week was not a good idea.

The DYK was also false as Bruno pointed.

Really, REALLY disapointed... :unsure:

Weakest Times in ages to be completely honest. I'm ok with promoting user written articles, but making it the only article this week was not a good idea.

We know today wasn't really a great release, but it's difficult getting out two or three articles every week and sometimes things just don't get together in time :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

We know today wasn't really a great release, but it's difficult getting out two or three articles every week and sometimes things just don't get together in time :(

I understand your position, and as a TET member i also know the responsibility of all the paperwork too, but since last week times was also one topic, it was expected to be an extra-long one this week, not the reverse :mellow:

Also, next week times better have a fictional article :smile:

I understand your position, and as a TET member i also know the responsibility of all the paperwork too, but since last week times was also one topic, it was expected to be an extra-long one this week, not the reverse :mellow:

Also, next week times better have a fictional article :smile:

Well the shortage of articles is currently a bit of an issue right now, which is why any guest articles would be greatly appreciated, if you ever want your article to be published in the Times, now is a good time to go for it. :thumbup:

And I'll personally try to see to getting you that fictional, demoli :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

So obviously you guys are short of things to publish.

Just trying to be helpful here, what if you went back to the original way of only publishing one article a week (or at least one MAIN article, some articles aren't strong enough to stand on their own...like fiction, because no offense, but a lot of people don't read them)

And um....yeah.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The Year of Upgrades 2009: Tip.It version :unsure:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I have an excellent story in my mind for fictional story, but sadly I have no idea how much time it'll take to wright it, and I'm no native speaker either, so grammar mistakes are almost guaranteed...if I do come with one, how many days before the Tip.It times release it have to be ready?

want_a_box.png

Instead of writing a semi-well formed rant next time, I'll consider submitting it as an article here.

For the most part, I think you guys do a great job with really insightful articles.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I know how it is to try to make deadlines, and how hard it is to come up with topics to write about, but last week there was one, that means the following week there should be more or longer/stronger articles. In my opinion, advertising doesn't count as an article.

Need moar fiction plz.

I'm going to do my best to write up something for you guys. I dunno what on yet. I'm also going to attempt a fictional saga. :P Dunno how it'll work. If it's decent, I'll send it to you.

This article would have been iffy if there were 1-2 other articles, but to put this article all by itself is especially disappointing. Honestly, if you are so strapped for writers, either go back and look at applications from the last few times you held "auditions" or have another opportunity for others to show what they have. We have many good writers on TIF who, I am sure, would be glad to help write. People, however, are a lot less likely to just up and write an article. It seems that any article written would find its place in the Times as things stand now.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Ah, don't sweat it guys :). I am a big fan of the tip.it times and you guys work extremely hard, I'm sure. This was practically needed to make sure people are still writing in. However, instead of a repost, maybe a more personal notification. It comes across as advertising and that doesn't really go well with the average reader :P.

anyway, looking forward to next week IMMENSELY :)

disturbeda.png

I have an excellent story in my mind for fictional story, but sadly I have no idea how much time it'll take to wright it, and I'm no native speaker either, so grammar mistakes are almost guaranteed...if I do come with one, how many days before the Tip.It times release it have to be ready?

Normally the writers need to come up with an article at least the Wednesday before the new release, but since it is a guest article you're writing it's no a guarantee that it will be in the next following Times.

So if you ever decide to write an article for the Times, it will be published when there is a spot available (assuming your article is well written).

I hope this answered your question. :^_^:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum