Dev Diary - Elite Tasks - 19-Nov-2009

Sentry_Wolf

fally eite

give an overload potion to the herblore cape guy in taverly

reward: 3 charges a day on fally shield, trees in fally patch yield 25% higher xp, 4x 50k xp lamp any skill over 85, learn how to make an extreme brew from sanfew, req 97 herblore, a reg brew does 15% hp + 2, max 16, extreme brew is 20% hp + 2, max heal 21, not allowed in pvp since its considered hihg level potion

seers ill say kill a mith dragon on task, requires 100 combat and quite a bit of slaying

kill all 3 dagganoth kings

catch shark barehand

reqard: 240 flax, alter boosts 15 above, more lamps, free mystic staff making, ehanced excalibur upgrades from the same stats as a rune long into a d long, spec heals 40 hp over 30 seconds and heals 15 prayer over 30 seconds

varrock, smith a rune platebody

put 100m gp in or out of the grand exchange in a single offer

reward: lamps, chance of double smithing rune, enhanced darklight, same stats as a d scim/long, special attack now takes 40%, lowers attack str def mage and range by 15% if it hits, specs may stack, stab option, about 55/60 stab bonus

edit: i dont think people should have to kill jad again for diary, just have option to show a guy the diary

karamja elite: show a guy fire cape, win fight pits in w79 of at least 40 people

gloves 4, ability to get slayer tasks straight from lapalok from them, free entry to brimhaven dungeon

possibly a ladder that goes from the gem mine into the middle of the steel and irom dragons

fally 1337 other reward: your aware init taesk 20, has like 10 pray for pl8 and legs, prossy takes 30, has 14

i thihkk fally elite should offer lvl 40 prayer armor, def same as rune, costs 200k for set, gives 10 for plate, 8 for legs, 5 for helm

a_final_name.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You obviously haven't thought some of those through..

Jagex don't want tasks involving monsters due to the overcrowding issue that comes with them as shown in the Ardougne Diary, Jagex only put in monsters to kill that are generated by the player, Tower of Life and Jade Vine. And Mithril Dragons have already been done in the an Achievement Diary.

Having 100m gp doesn't count as "elite", it just means you're fairly rich.

Free mystic staff making would mean people could buy battlestaves for 9000gp and then alch them for 25k... Yeh cause that wouldn't mess up the economy even more.

asrhasrh.jpg

Instead of defeating Jad or just equipping a fire cape, how about selling a fire cape for tokkul?

That'd be an interesting task

To be honest, I'd want a green trimmed Quest Cape for beating all elite tasks

The level 81 chasm in the Fremmenik Slayer Dungeon could be used for an elite task

Instead of defeating Jad or just equipping a fire cape, how about selling a fire cape for tokkul?

The level 81 chasm in the Fremmenik Slayer Dungeon could be used for an elite task

Noo! Beating TzTok-Jad should be a fact as a Elite task!

Noo! Beating TzTok-Jad should be a fact as a Elite task!

What's up with the obsession? Does the fact you have a guide no Jad has anything to do with it?

Lets see what possible 'elite' tasks could be?

Karmaja:

Kill/Get to Jad?

Plant a Spirit Tree? (83 farming)

Make a certain amount of Natures at once (which requires 91 runecrafting to do... would have to be something such as 54 at once to make it impossible (or near impossible) for people less than 91 to do.

Seers:

Catch a shark with Barbarian Fishing (96 fishing)

Make a Magic long bow all in seers? (A bit easy though)

Relekka:

Kill one of the dagannoth kings (although they said they didn't want to do anything like that).

Spirit tree (would be copying Karamja though).

Kill an Aquanite (78 slayer)?

Falador:

Mine/Fish something in the Living Rock Caverns would be the obvious one

Plant a Magic Tree? (Could also be in varrock diary...)

Varrock:

Do the Sawmill training (80 woodcutting)

I'll imagine most of these will be filled with 'trivial' tasks such as smithing a random item in varrock that don't really 'belong' to that area.

I'd be very mad if planting a spirit tree was a task, I don't want to find another seed and wait a ridiculous amount of time for it to grow again <_<

I like your other ideas though

thanks, and actually i meant spirit tree ones to be reward. like if you done all those elites, you can farm spirit trees at all patches (currectly we can only 1 at a time)

---

about jad stuff on this topic:

it doesn't require luck, it does require money, but the biggest problem of jagex putting it as task is the internet connection. they haven't mentioned it anywhere in the rules for elite tasks, it just seems fair and a mod may have said it in the past. it won't stay the task is out of question. nobody can know if the task would be or not, but that's a very interesting option task: kill a "healer" (lvl 108) - for some people even harder than beating jad :razz:

about the "win fire pits in theamed world": are you serious? that would cause in the first days some really really epic fights and betrayers between clans and inside the clans! EPIC :twisted: but after the first week people will just go "fire pits volunteers" and it won't be much of a challenge... <_<

want_a_box.png

The elite tasks won't require much "skill". After all, every diary difficulty seems to be completely based on how high your skill levels are and how many quests you have completed. This is why I think TzTok-Jad and the Dagganoth Kings will not be included in the tasks (more so with Dagganoth Kings as it would take hours on end to get a single kill within the first week of release).

bleachsigsmalldp1.gif

about the "win fire pits in theamed world": are you serious? that would cause in the first days some really really epic fights and betrayers between clans and inside the clans! EPIC :twisted: but after the first week people will just go "fire pits volunteers" and it won't be much of a challenge... <_<

I did that already for the hard diary, I really hope I wont have to do it again! Got really lucky, it only took one attempt :P

Crossing the level 81 slayer cave obstacle, as mentioned earlier, seems like a pretty good example of what tasks you can expect. I also think they'll include some more tasks that are similar to 'make a rune cbow all in yanille/witchaven'.

2dvjurb.png

sounds awesome :smile:

but why you discuss the 80+ stats req when you can discuss the pic rewards at end? :rolleyes:

Karamja: even more reduce price on shops (really helpfull with onyx price) / double tokkul gaining from monsters&fire pits&fire caves / spirit tree on brimhaven not counting towards the max spirit tree limit / option to change gem mines teleport into duradel?

Varrock: 128 battle staff per day (epic) / double smith&mine up to runite / more grand exhange buy&sell squares?

Lumbridge: 30 high alches per day / additional cabbage teleport to draynor manor cabbages (good for belladona farming patch) / 4 times +50% energy a day / improve ring to +2 pray?

Lumbridge OR Fallador: port sarim spirit tree not counting towards the max spirit tree limit?

Fallador: 2 times restores 100% pray / +9 pray bonus shield / gaining more black knights kill count for each black knight killed (while wearing) / more xp in wc tree patch in fally park (while wearing)?

Relleka: 2 free teles with boots a day / option the skip pirates island and take the boat directly to lunar isle / even lower cost of fish to pay for the lyre charging / ecterina spirit tree not counting towards the max spirit tree / able to set lyre tele also to runite rocks at netiznot?

Seers: 240 flax per day / option to set cammy tele also to catherby / able to use the cammy kinghts training grounds even after you completed it (as training method) / altar at seers give even higher pray bonus / more xp to all trees cutted at seer&it's area (and not only maples)?

---

since it's elite, all these have high chance of happening. till ardy diary i would've ever belived they would give instant teleport right next to ardy farming patch so...you can never know with jagex :wink:

Wow, I really tlike these. Except for all thosae Spirit trees not counting :P I think the Karamja one might be likely. But tbh who knows.

I really do like Elite ideas, and no I'm not just kissing Jagex's [wagon]. Hah, the hards weren't really hard, except for the 73 smithing. But thats cuz I was just a noob. HOWEVER, I don't like that 93 Summon req. Simply because there's no way I can afford that :(

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I did that already for the hard diary, I really hope I wont have to do it again! Got really lucky, it only took one attempt :P

Crossing the level 81 slayer cave obstacle, as mentioned earlier, seems like a pretty good example of what tasks you can expect. I also think they'll include some more tasks that are similar to 'make a rune cbow all in yanille/witchaven'.

at currectly hard task in karamja you can do it with just 1 friend on any empty server. by the idea metioned before, if it's forced to be on the specific world, nobody will can "cheat" the task and it WILL create huge fight...

Wow, I really tlike these. Except for all thosae Spirit trees not counting :P I think the Karamja one might be likely. But tbh who knows.

thank you :smile: hope jagex is reading here also, i have no power messing with ROSF trying to publish it there...maybe, just maybe they'll get one of these suggestions :rolleyes:

want_a_box.png

What's up with the obsession? Does the fact you have a guide no Jad has anything to do with it?

Yes and no. Tell me a good reason why slaying TzTok-Jad can not be a elite task? Personally i love killing TzTok-Jad from time to time. It's one of the best things by members to me.

1) Killing TzTok-Jad and show skills with new ways of killing

2) Fire cape, the best cape in the game

Even though it won't help much for f2p, I think a good idea for Hard Lumby reward is to make the chance of making extra runes include all runes you are crafting, just not elemental. May not sound like much, but an extra 3-4 natures or laws per run isn't half bad for a "Hard" reward.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Id also like a skillcape with the same color and picture as the quest cape, but only in a green version.

It could have the abilities of all the other diary rewards packed into one cape. *drolls* :P

Okay, I had a couple of idea for rewards.

Varrock: Vannaka can teach you how to wield 2-handed swords in one hand. It'll require 30 levels above what you are trying to wield so the best would be a D2H at level 90 attack. I don't think this is too bad.

Relleka: Your boots can count as a Seal of Passage. Not much, but I rather like it

Karamja: Boats from Musa Point and Brimhaven can take you to Ardougne and Port Sarim in addition to normal routes, and vice versa from Port Sarim and Ardougne to Brimhaven and Musa Point. Meh, best i can think of.

Lumbridge: Like i said, Ring would give a few extra runes on all runes crafted, not just elemental.

Falador: Free Lever pulls in Party room. You can drop balloons and get the Dancing Knights for free. Meh.

Seers: Telepathy. Essentially, your Seers Headband 3 would give you telepathy which would allow you to communicate with anything. So it would act as an Ammy of Ghostspeak, M'Speak, Catspeak, etc. I think this is really good.

Relleka: Your boots can count as a Seal of Passage. Not much, but I rather like it

Tbh, I'd rather they remove the Seal of Passage crap entirely after the elite diary.

Karamja: Boats from Musa Point and Brimhaven can take you to Ardougne and Port Sarim in addition to normal routes, and vice versa from Port Sarim and Ardougne to Brimhaven and Musa Point. Meh, best i can think of.

How about being able to cart to Tai Bwo Wannai from Brimhaven/Shilo? Or free banking at Tai Bwo Wannai runners?

Falador: Free Lever pulls in Party room. You can drop balloons and get the Dancing Knights for free. Meh.

I would really like to see the ability to buy improved versions of white knight equipment/Proselyte armor.

Seers: Telepathy. Essentially, your Seers Headband 3 would give you telepathy which would allow you to communicate with anything. So it would act as an Ammy of Ghostspeak, M'Speak, Catspeak, etc. I think this is really good.

YES!

Tbh, I'd rather they remove the Seal of Passage crap entirely after the elite diary.

Yeah, but I think that would have to be done via a quest. This would just be a way to help you deal with it for the time being.

How about being able to cart to Tai Bwo Wannai from Brimhaven/Shilo? Or free banking at Tai Bwo Wannai runners?

Maybe we could add a cart to TBW and have it work similar to the Canoes on River Lum?

I would really like to see the ability to buy improved versions of white knight equipment/Proselyte armor.

Again, I think this has to do with Temple Knight quest line, not Diaries. Maybe they could add some White mage/range armor to it? Dunno.

YES!

Yeah, when I came up with it I thought is sounded badass too. :thumbsup:

As long as they do not add killing Jad as a requirement I'll be happy with this. I'm just much too lazy to dedicate that much time to getting that cape.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

As long as they do not add killing Jad as a requirement I'll be happy with this. I'm just much too lazy to dedicate that much time to getting that cape.

Trouble with Jad? If so then that's not our problem. Let Jad be a elite task please*Prays*!

You people are overdoing it on the rewards. Remember what the Ardougne Diary Elite reward did? It turned a once-a-day teleport into a teleport with infinite uses. In other words: good ability to have, but not good enough to work your [wagon] off for it.

I think adding teleports would be good enough, ie:

Varrock - Teleport to the Sawmill

Karamja - Teleport to Tai Bwo Wannai village

Fremennik - Infinite teleports to the lyre destination - lyre not required

Falador -Teleport to Ice Mountain/Rimmington ?

Seers - Teleport to Catherby (farming patch)

And, seeing it's just hard for the Lumbridge diary, I think the aforementioned extra rune bonus is good enough.

Possible Tasks (not including Hard - Lumbridge (too many options)):

Varrock:

- Probably smithing/mining anything Runite

- Sawmill

-RC (Airs/Earths)

Falador:

- Living Rock Cavern (if technically included)

- Teleother

- Use own Spirit Tree

- RC

Seers:

- Teleother

- Harvest Torstol

Karamja:

- Beat Jad (with a Fire cape equipped)

- Make a high level'd pouch

- 56 Nature runes in one go (91 RC)

Fremennik:

- Mine Runite

- Enter Neitiznot with a Pack Yak

- Agility Obstacle (81) or Finish a perfect lap at Barbarian Course advanced (90+)

All I can think of.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I like the idea and hopefully there will be some that I can do :P

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

You people are overdoing it on the rewards. Remember what the Ardougne Diary Elite reward did? It turned a once-a-day teleport into a teleport with infinite uses. In other words: good ability to have, but not good enough to work your [wagon] off for it.

I think adding teleports would be good enough, ie:

Varrock - Teleport to the Sawmill

Karamja - Teleport to Tai Bwo Wannai village

Fremennik - Infinite teleports to the lyre destination - lyre not required

Falador -Teleport to Ice Mountain/Rimmington ?

Seers - Teleport to Catherby (farming patch)

But you also can't have the reward being TOTALLY pointless. Half of the things you mentioned above can already be accessed, and if a player has to finish the ELITE diary, I'm sure that can already do it.

Varrock: Balloon is literally right there.

Karamja: OK

Fremmy: OK

Falador: Rimming = House tele, Ice Mountain = Ancient tele

Seers: Catherby teleport (Lunars) takes you right there.