26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

I'm thinkig... Since the new riddle did not require updating the game again, technically it's possible to get the reward today if you accidently (something like 1 in a billion chance) talk to the right contact with the right items... Oo! Unless I'm missing something?

The update would be extremely small, you wouldn't even notice the extra delay in the load screen. It only takes 10min for the server to start counting down and reset so it's pretty easy to miss the reset. Then again, they could have very easily coded it so that you can't activate parts of the event before a date. I wouldn't recommend trying to guess item combinations :P

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinkig... Since the new riddle did not require updating the game again, technically it's possible to get the reward today if you accidently (something like 1 in a billion chance) talk to the right contact with the right items... Oo! Unless I'm missing something?

The update would be extremely small, you wouldn't even notice the extra delay in the load screen. It only takes 10min for the server to start counting down and reset so it's pretty easy to miss the reset. Then again, they could have very easily coded it so that you can't activate parts of the event before a date. I wouldn't recommend trying to guess item combinations :P

Jagex have mentioned in the past doing "live updates" basically if something ONLY requires a code change and that code is ONLY used when you do something very specific than can update it without a server reset (eg 10min countdown etc). I should imagine they are doing live updates for this, as all they have to do is slip in an inventory check code with a specific obscure npc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jagex have mentioned in the past doing "live updates" basically if something ONLY requires a code change and that code is ONLY used when you do something very specific than can update it without a server reset (eg 10min countdown etc). I should imagine they are doing live updates for this, as all they have to do is slip in an inventory check code with a specific obscure npc.

Intersting.

Do you have a link/picture or even a quote of that?

I'd appriciate if you posted it here/sent me a private message :).

Thanks.

It's November 28, and they STILL haven't updated the thread? :o

Wish they would do it as soon as they get the chance. :P

They better, it's 9:45 PM here!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This item is actually already leaked. Check your POH Toy Box.

Though, I'm not so sure what the emote will be.

If you look at serp883's vid "Runescape Cache Finds 5" you'll see 2 associated items, the first of which is shown in the box in the POH, so i'm guessing the pipe will feature in the emote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5xnvAR8PP4

Hopefully it will produce a huge cloud of smoke... millions of particles... and the emote will be called Smokin Mils

rsbotsonline.png

It's November 28, and they STILL haven't updated the thread? :o

Wish they would do it as soon as they get the chance. :P

They better, it's 9:45 PM here!

Oh wah wah. Everything must be done around what is good for me!

I think we can expect it somewhere between 2pm and 5pm GMT.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Candidates!

We must congratulate you on making it this far. Its day three of your trial and youre doing well. Hopefully, youll have the details of the third contact you will need to speak to. As always, we have a series of code items youll need to have with you in order to persuade our contact to speak.

The next batch of bewildering brain-teasers comes from the most fiendish annals of Varrock Museum. See if you can solve these age-old puzzles:

Puzzle 1

A tailor is making a new coat. He needs half the amount of threads that are in the hem for the collar. The sleeves need four times as many threads as the collar. The trim, which is the same as the hem, requires ten threads. The sides need five times less than the sleeves. If the tailor buys 55 threads, how many does he have left over once hes made his coat?

The number of threads he has left is the same number of Red Spiders Eggs youll need.

Puzzle 2

Fred the Farmer and his brother, Geoff the Gardener, have acquired a ten-acre plot of land between them. They split the rights to the land evenly and go to work at planting seeds and crops on their half of the farmland.

Farmer Fred starts from the west, while Geoff the Gardener starts from the east. Fred plants seeds at twice the rate Geoff does, but Geoff ploughs an acre every ten minutes while Fred takes twenty-five minutes.

Selling all of their produce results in 400 gold coins between them.

How much of that wage is Fred entitled to? You will need to be carrying that same amount of gold coins.

Puzzle 3

My first is in jungle but not in rectangular,

My second is in blunder but not blender,

My third is in gallant but not in talent.

To this you will need to add the following:

My first is in dwarf but not in farced,

My second is in battle but not in mettle,

My third is in monster but not in ransomed,

My fourth is in mention but not in notion,

My fifth is in thread but not in death.

What am I? Youll need to carry three!

Best of luck, everyone!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hide tags, smelly! :razz:

[spoiler=Clue #1]6 Red spiders eggs, if I'm right?

5 for the collar

20 for the sleeves

10 for the hem

10 for the trim

4 for the sides

Equals to 49

6 left over if he buys 55.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I make it:

6 red spider eggs

3 Jugs of water

200 gp

200gp because it says "planting seeds and crops on their half of the farmland." Which implies despite all the waffle they each plant half and therefore do half each

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[spoiler=Items]

6 spider egss,

200gp,

3 jugs of water

[spoiler=Next clue]

Head on to where the ground is grannular and the solar spectacular, the quiz the fellow who likes to peddle pasttimes to parched passers-by. He's a good sort and should provide you with what you are looking for. Make sense?

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

[spoiler=Items]

6 spider egss,

200gp,

3 jugs of water

[spoiler=Next clue]

Head on to where the ground is grannular and the solar spectacular, the quiz the fellow who likes to peddle pasttimes to parched passers-by. He's a good sort and should provide you with what you are looking for. Make sense?

Faruq :thumbup:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

[spoiler=Items]

6 spider egss,

200gp,

3 jugs of water

[spoiler=Next clue]

Yes.

The 4th contact is:

[hide]Faruq in Al Kharid.

He has the shop with all of the clan toys (dice, marker plants, etc.)[/hide]

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png