08-Dec-09 Kuradals Dungeon

Toad

Don't want to derail this conversation, but some minor confusion about the TzTok-Jad assignment continues.

For example:

What if you can't kill him, lol?

What if you crap out halfway through the task, is it ok to just kill regular TzHaars?

Could I walk into the Fight Caves and just kill up until I die, then respawn and do the same thing until I'm done?

If anyone has gotten an assignment today, can you please post screenies of what Kuradal says to you at EACH STEP of the assigning dialogue?

That would be SOOOO great!

(p.s.: don't bother to speculate about the aspects of failing - we can only take info from people who ACTUALLY failed in the game. Thanks.)

here is some pics hope this helps

091209163008.png

091209163017.png

091209163024.png

091209163034.png

091209163040.png

091209163047.png

091209163053.png

only thing that changes from differnet task are what she says right after "I need another assignment" option and the right after "got any tips?"

091209163125.png

091209163142.png

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to derail this conversation, but some minor confusion about the TzTok-Jad assignment continues.

For example:

What if you can't kill him, lol?

What if you crap out halfway through the task, is it ok to just kill regular TzHaars?

Could I walk into the Fight Caves and just kill up until I die, then respawn and do the same thing until I'm done?

If anyone has gotten an assignment today, can you please post screenies of what Kuradal says to you at EACH STEP of the assigning dialogue?

That would be SOOOO great!

(p.s.: don't bother to speculate about the aspects of failing - we can only take info from people who ACTUALLY failed in the game. Thanks.)

here is some pics hope this helps

091209163008.png

091209163017.png

091209163024.png

091209163034.png

091209163040.png

091209163047.png

091209163053.png

only thing that changes from differnet task are what she says right after "I need another assignment" option and the right after "got any tips?"

091209163125.png

091209163142.png

Pretty sure Poke means dialogue of getting fight cave challenge

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I don't like it that they included Kalphites. It's not like anyone will kill the Queen or the Guardians 200+ times, so why have a level 110-combat master assign level 82 creatures? Really out of place. Plus, they are annoying.

and why the hell did they bother removing Scabarites and Goraks, but NOT Terror dogs? I've yet to find a single soul that actually likes those creatures.

I don't like it that they included Kalphites. It's not like anyone will kill the Queen or the Guardians 200+ times, so why have a level 110-combat master assign level 82 creatures? Really out of place. Plus, they are annoying.

and why the hell did they bother removing Scabarites and Goraks, but NOT Terror dogs? I've yet to find a single soul that actually likes those creatures.

I hate Scarabites Goraks AND Terrordogs, but rather have one on the list than 2, shame there's not a bigger block list though :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I hate Scarabites Goraks AND Terrordogs, but rather have one on the list than 2, shame there's not a bigger block list though :P

Fortunately, you can now unblock Steels and Terrobirds, as the biggest issue with Steels in the past was the very limited spawns which has been solved... And Kuradal doesn't assign Warped Terrorbirds.

td2sig.jpg

Fortunately, you can now unblock Steels and Terrobirds, as the biggest issue with Steels in the past was the very limited spawns which has been solved... And Kuradal doesn't assign Warped Terrorbirds.

yeah i had to revamp my whole block list XD

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

I knew I was forgetting to do something. :P

I dont actually mind Terrordogs, mainly because you can just teleport to castle wars, bank, then right back to them within a minute with the slayer ring teleport.

Im glad they didnt add scabarites and Goraks ive only had 2 times so not got much of an opinion on those.

I really like the selection this slayer master has. Was thinking about blocking skeletal wyverns but decided to try them for a task.

I earned about 600k loot after the task so im in no way blocking those. :P

(I got granite legs, but without those it would be about 300k so not bad.)

so i took some data from wikia, zarfot's mega slayer guide, and plugged in a few holes myself

assumptions:

zarfot-tier-slayer-skills

barker toads, wolpertingers, moss titans, and fruit bats

the assumptions are pretty unreasonable, but typically the data scales pretty well.

So it might not be good for finding ur xp rate, it's still good for finding out what is better than what else

slayertable.png

edit: in hindsight the number for dust devils looks a little low, maybe i made a typo somewhere.

Naaxi.png

I knew I was forgetting to do something. :P

I dont actually mind Terrordogs, mainly because you can just teleport to castle wars, bank, then right back to them within a minute with the slayer ring teleport.

Im glad they didnt add scabarites and Goraks ive only had 2 times so not got much of an opinion on those.

I really like the selection this slayer master has. Was thinking about blocking skeletal wyverns but decided to try them for a task.

I earned about 600k loot after the task so im in no way blocking those. :P

(I got granite legs, but without those it would be about 300k so not bad.)

yes soul split + turmoil on wyverns is epic you dont even need food at all i love it. also i got a pair of those legs today =p

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

Wow thanks, very interesting. Was surprised by the summoning xp provided by gargoyles and terrordogs. I guess I will keep terrordogs then.

Looking at it and adding my personal preferences (99 ranged so not really interested in cannoning unless it's really worth it, looking for high summoning xp), I should block kalphites, Suqah, hellhounds (unless they got much better with this new update) and a last one which I am not sure of yet. (Tzhaar, living rocks, tortoises (good profit though), steel drags come to my mind)

Wow thanks, very interesting. Was surprised by the summoning xp provided by gargoyles and terrordogs. I guess I will keep terrordogs then.

Looking at it and adding my personal preferences (99 ranged so not really interested in cannoning unless it's really worth it, looking for high summoning xp), I should block kalphites, Suqah, hellhounds (unless they got much better with this new update) and a last one which I am not sure of yet. (Tzhaar, living rocks, tortoises (good profit though), steel drags come to my mind)

i'm planning on ranging hellhounds/greater demons.

Those two have low defense right? in which case ferocious ring + rune darts on rapid would rip them to shreds

bronze throwing knives on yaks are already pretty darn good after all

Naaxi.png

Terror dogs are a great task, quick to do, easy to get to, can do them in one trip without even needing a summon. Wish she wouldn't give kalphites though. Or dusties but only because ive had 3 tasks from her and almost 500 dusties so far.

i'm planning on ranging hellhounds/greater demons.

Those two have low defense right? in which case ferocious ring + rune darts on rapid would rip them to shreds

bronze throwing knives on yaks are already pretty darn good after all

Very good idea, since this +4 damage will be very large percentage wise. Too bad I'm already 99 ranging.

(and I forgot to add but for Lapalok I currently have Warped terrorbirds, kalphites, hell hounds and steel drags blocked)

this is [bleep] horrible. now you mean to tell me i have to train my summoning wayyyy up just to get tasks from this new master? why in god's name is there a [bleep] combat requirement on the highest slayer masters? i mean, i'll be level 100 in maybe a month or so if i train summoning, but i won't reach 110 until i pretty much max out my build, which i won't do for more than a year considering now i have higher priorities than runescape. seriously, i think its unfair since i spend almost all my time training combat with slayer.. this makes me want to just give in like all those noobs that train at yaks for the great exp gain.

Ahem. You chose not to train certain things, you don't get access to everything. Same as in real life. You don't make the big bucks by choosing not to finish High School, except in very rare cases. I know you have put a lot of work into a range tank, but still, you chose not to train melee. That is no ones decision but your own.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Greater demons - Roughly equal to karamja dungeon (most 80+ slayers are 127+cb, I imagine 75+ are aswell) already, but karamja dungeon gives you the option of cannoning for those who don't mind the dogs.

Ah, no, I've been training slayer for combat since about cb level 60 and even with a decent summoning I'm still a ways off from 127

On-Topic: Awesome layer update! I'm about to head off to finish my Warped Terrorbirds to try her out (And she doesn't assign them either).

Fair enough, but it varies alot with people. Most people will put off training slayer to 75+ until they have some relatively high combat stats. The greater demon spot here would be good for people who train slayer from a low combat, there just aren't too many people (in my experience) who do that.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

All fonts should now be back to normal.

Why did the fonts change in the first place?

Guess they like trying new things.

I dont really mind the font, doesnt look as terrible as some people make it out to be.

I do solo Queen if I get Kalphite task.

And tasks don't last forever either, after killing her you can quickly slay all those babies that spawn during battle.

Why would anyone honestly soul wars 99 slayer? and I know a level 3 has but it's completely pointless, plus the point of doing slayer is to complete tasks.. so I don't generally care if they cant get to the cape (which they still can lol).

How, exactly?

Talk to Kuradal -> Buy Skillcape -> Pay 99k -> Equipt Cape =D>

Plus once you gain access to ancient caverns its easy.. which you do to kill the spirit you can access it from that point (all you'd have to do is the; firemaking, fishing, herblore & smithing parts and then you're in) get friends to attack surrounding monsters and run through.

Surely a level 3 can do that can't she/he?

Hmm....the fishing thing req. lvl 15 strength...so [cabbage] lvl 3 soul warrers

Actually, It's possible to do Shilo Village (>) Duradel to get slayer cape at level 3.

Nope, Duradel/Laplok are decaped.

However, it's still possible to get the cape at level 3. 15 Strength is not a must, you can gain access to the Ancient Caverns by completing the Firemaking part of Barbarian Training aswell.

And tasks don't last forever either, after killing her you can quickly slay all those babies that spawn during battle.

Yes, but then you would probably still solo the Queen eventually even if you didn't get a Kalphite task. You just refrain from doing it until you get a task so you get that nice Slayer XP bonus to an activity you would have done anyway. After all, no one who is training Slayer seriously would do the Queen, they would go to the soldiers, where the XP is faster. That is probably what Jagex had in mind when adding Kalphites to the list too, the soldiers.

Yes, but then you would probably still solo the Queen eventually even if you didn't get a Kalphite task. You just refrain from doing it until you get a task so you get that nice Slayer XP bonus to an activity you would have done anyway. After all, no one who is training Slayer seriously would do the Queen, they would go to the soldiers, where the XP is faster. That is probably what Jagex had in mind when adding Kalphites to the list too, the soldiers.

It's just my approach to slayer :) I don't see it as a skill that I have to powertrain to 99 as fast as possible. Instead I abuse my tasks for boss hunting whenever possible. I have even done dozens of Chaeldar tasks for lesser demon tasks so I can solo Zamorak GWD (sadly got only 1 of them from her). Those tasks that don't give that opportunity I try to complete as quickly as possible with cannon, turmoil and steel titan whenever possible.

Indeed, don't bother doing that. I fear it's one of her rarest task. I've got one twice, first time I got 3/4 of all her possible assignments. Second time, I had gotten every freaking task before I got lesser demons. Fortunately, I just did burthoping with NPC contact, so I didn't actually have to do all those tasks.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I was a little hesistant first, but now I LOVE this new dungeon. Apperantly, the ring ALWAYS adds +4 (and not +3 or whatever) whenever you hit something different from zero (or a zero strength zero). The ring drops are also pretty common (I get like 2 per task it seems).

I also had a tzhaar task, but I clicked too fast without thinking and missed the oportunity to do Jad. Well, got a nice supply of obsidian charms now, and the tzhaar are decent xp (finished a 98 task in 31 minutes).

After that I got an abby task, and I decided to bring those claws I just bought. The result, I am absolutely impressed! Only 4 specials out of the whole task hitted under 50 (and still well above 20 or 30). 70 + hits were very frequent, I have one example here (was my opening spec):

82clawspec.png

My best spec was where a 40 was the highest hit, but I didn't screeny hit. Also had a few 39s, and 37s in. One strange thing that I found out is that the system in the claw spec seems gone. They don't add nicely together into the big number like it used too.

Never finished an abby task this fast (almost zarfot style), and got a whip drop on top :-).

Also, whoever said he got more rare drops from dark beasts here, my last task of 176 I got 4 rune larges, 2 chains, 1 dmed and one death tally. Don't know if this is pretty uncommon or not. (only second task ever).

Guitar god you are awesome, thanks SOOOOOO much for these pictures. We've modified the slayer guide to better reflect what happens, and we have credited you. If you'd prefer to be credited by your RSN, please PM me and I will change it.

Thanks Thanks THANKS!! <3:

[hide]

25z11lt.jpg

[/hide]

Thanks also to colossus100 for posting his in-game experience in the fight caves and about Jad, and for explaining it so clearly. You have been credited. If you'd prefer to be credited by your RSN, please PM me and I will change it.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.