Update of the Year?

Toad

Am I the only one who hates RT5?

The inventory switch delay is an annoyance, and has cost me a SGS. All because of a delay that did not exsist before when switching items around, and dropping them.

Nope, I hate it too. And for the same reasons you mentioned. Made RS a lot worse, in my opinion.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play RS in standard detail because I prefer it, and I hate RT5. Moving things around in your inventory is annoying, as is withdrawing things fast from bank. Runescape saw better before, IMO, due to the problems it causes.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The inventory switch delay is an annoyance, and has cost me a SGS. All because of a delay that did not exsist before when switching items around, and dropping them.

Nope, I hate it too. And for the same reasons you mentioned. Made RS a lot worse, in my opinion.

I think RT3 was the best engine...every items looked more chunked and simple.

the lagging was minimal too.

RT5 lagged for me too doing 99 FM It didn't register 2/3rd of my clicks on the logs, same with fletch, weapon switching etc.. but general scaping running around etc was fine.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

@ the people talking about rt5

i'd have to say i agree with you saying it sucks. i quit before it was implemented, but a few times ive come on to talk to people, and it causes me alot of lag, much more than the other RT* engines, etc etc, and within 5 mins of being on line i couldnt stand it

as for best updates of the year? id have to say herblore potions and new ancient prayers (i had acutally been hoping that they'd do an ancient prayer book for a while lol)

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Wheres the autocast/runecrafting updates and the pvp updates?

LIke I said sorry if I missed a few up, the rc update was terrible imo and killed 91 rc

Yea,imo that update would be perfect if it included triple natures and double death/bloods.

Better rune supply and an incentive to go past 91 runecrafting. win-win?

It really pisses me off that they didn't apply the update to every rune instead of just natures, astrals, cosmics. <_<

It does apply to other runes then those 3, I got 29 en 32 airs out of 28 ess on a sidechar of me, the first time he had 2 rc, the 2nd time he had 4 rc :rolleyes:

RT5 lagged for me too doing 99 FM It didn't register 2/3rd of my clicks on the logs, same with fletch, weapon switching etc.. but general scaping running around etc was fine.

I haven't really been 'with it' for most of this year but so it's RT5 that's causing that lag. I thought it was my computer playing up or something lol.

Organising my inventory is tedious and I planned to get 92 FM about a month ago but I couldn't stand it, gave up after 100k xp or so.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Ah, forgot about clicks not registering.

Also, I'll add in the delay on some actions. Tears of Guthix, I used to be able to move instantly from one part to another, which meant I rarely got any of green stream. Now, the delay means I'm bound to get 1/2 of the green stream, which is really annoying. Plus that little delay adds up. 290+ QP and I'm still lucky to pass 155 tears.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

High level updates, Herblore, Prayer, Slayer and of course IVY (been training woodcutting lately so the love is big atm :P)

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

I'm just glad Jagex decided to dedicate this year to making a ton of small updates that really make the game more enjoyable then just cranking out new content. Yet they still catered to those wanting quests and new content, but really focused on an overhaul of the game itself and changed a few core gameplay mechanics.

This year was so packed full of updates but if I had to pick my favorite it is not so much just one update in itself, but it was Jagex's decision to really participate in the community and help break the barrier between their players and the company that develops the game those players play. :thumbup: It's been nice getting some incite into a company that has been very private in years past.

Big_Stingman.png

I found the high level Agility update to be the best update, since 99 Agility is the first thing on my to-do list.

The best quest was The Temple at Senntisten. It was a decent story and the first tough quest in terms of combat of the year. It also had a better foreshadowing than Within of Light (ALL HAIL THE EMPTY LORD!). It also has the best Runescape quote of the year :-P

I also loved the Ardy diary and the 5 minute logout timer.

priest_wiz.png

We have had loads of great updates this year. When I for around a year ago read that 2009 would be a year which Jagex would be focusing on updates of old content I thought that we would just get a few new things in the game this year. These new things I thought would be a couple of quests and a few new items. Not much more than so. Perhaps a few skills updates. By the discussions that were back then I could tell that I was not the only one who was a bit disappointed of this. And I should admit that I was also a little angry on Jagex because of this. Of course updating old content is important, but why focus on it for a whole year? It seemed stupid.

Now, when I look back at this year I can happily say that I was very wrong. Jagex have done quite a lot of old content updates but they have also added a whole lot of new stuff to the game. All these new cool items for example. The dragon pickaxe is probably one of the most popular ones. I also think that this is the item that I will get the most use of that came during 2009. I have however not done the Chaos dwarf quest myself yet. What I have heard of it makes me look forward to doing it though, as with most of the quests that have been released this year.

One of the new quests I did almost as soon as it had come out though. This was the Within the Light quest. I have always liked elves and the elf series is my personal favorite quest series in the game. They require a lot of thinking, which I love. You can't just rush on. And it has a deep and complicated storyline, which I also like very much. It connects history and present in a great way. You get to learn about elves and their land as well about the whole of Gielnor. It is awesome. Within the Light was an awesome continuation on this. The only small bad thing with it was that it was too short. And of course that it ends with such a cliffhanger.

Most of the updates during this year have been good. Many of them have been really good. But if I have to choose my favorite it is the Rune Tek 5 update. It made me able to play in HD without lagg for the first time. :thumbsup:

Thank you Jagex for an awesome year of updates. You have done an awesome job! :mrgreen:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

How could anyone choose? I've heard a lot of whining recently about Jagex, but when you look back at the updates this year there have been some truly awesome things released into the game. I'd never make my mind up on which specific update, but I think the best updates were all the high level content which gives everyone something to shoot for. I'm talking about things like the herblore update, curses (prayer), living rocks (mining/fishing. To a lesser extent, cooking), agility and the Ardy elite diary.

Although RS-HD and summoning will always give the other years a run for it's money as the best RS year in upgrades, this year is definetly right up there.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I can't really judge the Quest part because the only quest that I did that came out this year was Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf, but it was a pretty sweet quest (dragon pickaxe is AWESOME). Along the same lines, the Living Rock Caverns was probably my favorite update. It actually makes mining enjoyable, for me anyway. The increase to the logout timer was also really awesome. Also, I don't remember if Jagex redid the blackmarks thing this year or last year, but that was also an awesome update (also got rid of a few blackmarks I had :P ).

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

Best content was Temple at Senntisten, especially if you include the high level prayers with it. But the best update was probably the 5 minute logout timer.

An update that could have been better was the high-level wc update. It really didn't do anything great, just gave us a new way to train. If only they had added an outfit or something to the sawmill, it coulda been great.