How Much Money Have You Spent on Video Games?

Maze

I rarely buy games. Once in a while I'll get a popular title, or a cheap one (Red Alert 3, Tekken 5: DR respectively). I doubt I've spent more than $1000 in my entire gaming life (This doesn't include consoles). I usually download free games to play, not in the sense of torrented Starcrafts, but those flash games.

Also, I have really good friends. :mrgreen:

Considering i've had an nes,snes,gameboy,n64,ps1.ps2, gamecube wii,xnox.xbox360 and ps3 - throw in countless games and i'd rather not talk about it.

I do tend to purchase games used (gamestop for example) or on sale

for example i paid $35 for L4D2 for the 360, and $17 for iron man for the ps3.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

At least $1,500. In Aus new games for 360 and PS3 are about $110 each. I have spent nearly $700 on 360 games alone, about $100 on Steam, about $500 on PS2 games (back in the day,) then $200 on accessories. Never bought a console in my life, always been birthday/Christmas. The PS2 is the family console.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

At least $1,500. In Aus new games for 360 and PS3 are about $110 each. I have spent nearly $700 on 360 games alone, about $100 on Steam, about $500 on PS2 games (back in the day,) then $200 on accessories. Never bought a console in my life, always been birthday/Christmas. The PS2 is the family console.

LRN2JB.

Added you on steam. I r LawnChair! Or something equally as lawn-related.

SoLawny.png

LRN2JB.

Added you on steam. I r LawnChair! Or something equally as lawn-related.

JB?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Personally Purchased

Xbox: $100 [ purchased this in between my Gamecube & 360 ]

Xbox Game(s): $150 [ Morrowind, San Andreas, Madden 06, Fable ]

Xbox 360: $300

Xbox 360 (#2... first one broke): $300

Modern Warfare (360 game): $50

GTA IV (360 game): $60

Modern Warfare 2 (360 game): $60

Halo 3 (360 game): $60

Xbox 360 Controllers (2): ... $100? I think the wireless one's are $50 a pop if I can remember. Haven't bought one in over a year.

Microphone: $20

Total: $1200. Roughly. That counts (as listed) for the consoles, games, controllers, etc.

Lifetime Purchased [[ this includes Christmas/Birthday gifts, and anything that a friend or parent purchased ]]

NES

NES games (Zelda, Zelda 2, Metroid, some kind of racing game, Contra, and a handful of others I can't remember)

NES controller(s)

SNES

SNES games (the games I can remember/still have include Zelda, Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 2, Mario RPG, Super punchout, NBA Jams, Super Mario World, and some others)

Nintendo 64

N64 games (including 007, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Turok, Donkey Kong, Mario, Jet Force Gemini, and wow... probably 10 other games)

N64 controllers

Gamecube

Gamecube controllers

Gamecube games (including Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time, Zelda Collectors edition, The Wind Waker, Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Final Fantasy, Madden 2003, Pro Skater 3, Pro Skater 4, Animal Crossing, Gauntlet Dark Legacy)

Total: $1,000,000... :rolleyes: . There's no telling. I can't remember for the life of me how much those listed consoles/games costed at the time they were purchased and stuff. I'd be willing to bet $2000-$3000 on those listed above NOT including the $1200 I've spent myself on Xbox & Xbox 360 stuff.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

May as well make my list. All in NZD you mofos.

PS2 - $500

PS2 slim - $149

PS2 slim - $149

Games:

Tekken Tag + 5 $100

Gran turismo 3 $50

Ratchet + Clank $50

Jak and Daxter $50

Jak 2 $40

Jak 3 $90

Fur Fighters $30

GTA: San Andreas $40

SSX on Tour $20

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition $10

Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition REMIX $5

My new computer, made with parts specifically for gaming: $2000

Games:

Starcraft $5

Age of Empires 3 $60

Warcraft 3 $15

RollerCoaster tycoon 3 $5

Sims 2 $60

Sims 2: University $40

Sims 2: *the cookings one* $40

CoD4 $90

CoD MW2 $100

Dragon Age Origins Collectors Edition $140

Team Fortress 2 $25

$3933. In USD that is $2800.

Pretty respectable :P

lampost_sig_stark.png

JB?

JB Hifi. They sell new games in the release fortnight for at least $20, usually $30 cheaper than anywhere else and that includes EB, Games, VGH, etc etc. Even the new cawd was $70 on 360/PS3

SoLawny.png

- G(ay)cube

- G(ay)cube controller

- Memory card

- SSBM

- FIFA 2002

- NFS Hot Pursuit 2

- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (crap game; didn't know what was going through my head at the time)

- The Sum of All Fears (another crap game; the wheels on the trucks are hexagons and there are a ton of glitches)

- Mario Party 4

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

~$400?

Such crappy stuff compared to what we have today... I'm missing out on all the MW2 and whatnot (and I cba to buy a newer system atm).

:thumbdown:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Well in my house we have a PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, 3 DS, a gameboy colour, 2 gameboy advances, a gameboy SP and a Wii. I got the PS2 like 2 weeks after it cme out, can't really remember the price but I'm assuming around $400 but thats probably overpriced. Adding up the rest of the consoles, I'd assume about $1700. Then games... Well I have 30 PS1 games, over 70 PS2 games and about 20 Xbox 360 games, as well as 7 DS games and 15 GBA games. Wii I have around 7 or 8. So, I'd say too much.

disturbeda.png

• 2 weeks later...

All my DS games = $0 (I download them)

All my Wii games = $4-5 (China only has fake copies of my games)

My Wii = Probably around $400

My DS = $200?

(My Wii has Neogamma disc reader so it can play all my fake games, including the new ones. :thumbup: )

Note: When I say $, I mean RMB. I put it there cuz I'm lazy atm.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Let see..

$05.00 Call of Duty 1

$35.00 Call of Duty MWF1

$20.00 Splinter Cell - chaos theory

$05.00 Original splinter cell

$10.00 Halo

$02.50 Team Fortress 2

$45.00 some silly rts, forget the name

$117.50

Yeah maybe I'm forgetting something but it can't be over $150.

Oh and then 2yrs rs membership at $60 per year....

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Too much.

This

I honestly don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.

Hm...

$580 or so on DS-related items (two 1st gen ones, one with a broken top screen), about $420 on 360 games... And there's still Gcube, Gbc/a, and ps2 games which I can't add up because I don't remember the prices or because they were gifts...

I spend enough time on the games that I get my money's worth though.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past year:

Nintendo DSi: $180

Scribblenauts: $20 on sale

LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga: $20

Nerf DSi Armor: $15

Clean & Protect Kit: $10

Nintendo Points Card: $20

Plus New Super Mario Bros., 8GB SDHC which were Christmas gifts...

Over 16 years I would imagine ~$400 or so, I think I've purchased a fair number of PC games that I don't remember the cost of atm... I do know I bought half of the Warcraft III battle chest... so that was $25, plus some old GameCube games...