How Much Money Have You Spent on Video Games?

Maze

Personally, under £300. That is because all the consoles in my house have been brought by my older brother, and most games are his. Why buy games and consoles when i can leech off him :thumbsup: The only games i buy are the odd PC game during the spring/Autumn. As my Birthday is slap bang in the middle of summer, i can usually get some games for Xmas, then they will last me until my birthday. That is only 1-2 games each time, but i am not a hude gamer.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I got to say like 20 or so lol.

I always play the games I have again. untill I get new ones.

most likely for chirstmas or birthday or so. I sometimes buy cheap old games.

Like 5 for 2 games made in 2000 or so xD.

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Like, across your entire lifetime or what? If it's that then I have no clue, probably more than I'd like to admit.

I mean, I have probably $500+ worth of games on my steam account alone. That isn't including the $400 or so I put towards a 360 a couple of years back, the $1000 I put towards a gaming laptop, the $50 headset, $50 mouse, the $400ish of 360 games, the amount of money I've paid in MMO subscriptions.

I've paid a lot for games and I have to say it is probably impossible to total it up over all these years. I mean, I've been playing games for probably around 18 years now (since I was like 3) and while it may not have always been my "own" money I spent on games I still have spent a lot on them, period.

I would gather though that I've spent at least a few thousand on video games (or accessories related to video games) over the course of my life.

My steam account, btw (going in order):

CoD 4: $50

Comander Keen Pack $5

Counter Strike / Counter Strike source: (free)

Day of Defeat Source : $20

Doom 3: $50 (when I bought it)

Doom 3 expansion: $20

ID Software package: $20

Dragon Age: Origins : $50

Half Life: (Got for my birthday when it came out)

Half Life 2: $50

Half Life 2 Episode 1: $30

Half-Life Blue Shift: $20

Half-Life Opposing Force: $20

Killing Floor: $5

Left4dead: $50

Left4Dead2: $50

Mirrors Edge: $5

Secret of Monkey Island: $2.50

The Orange Box: $50 (TF2, EP2, Portal)

Unreal Tournament 3: $20

Crysis Warhead: $30

Crysis: $50

TOTAL: $597.50

Hmm... I bought my PS2 back when they were 300$. And had about...mabey 200$ in games, memory cards, and controllers. Then I boght my X box 360 my self, some games and live features. Thats totals around. 500$

So between 950$-1000$ in total.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Games, Consoles, etc? I have around 40 games which are normally £40 each so £1600 already, along with my Xbox 360, and Playstation 3, which were bought at release so another £600 to that? Along with RS Membership over the years probably means another £180 or so. Then adding old consoles like the Xbox, PS2, PSP, and Gameboy another couple of hundred pounds.

All in all I'd guess around £2,900. :mellow: Money well spent. 8-)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hard to gauge since I am mostly a computer gamer, and whether or not a PC should count to the total is debatable, since it can be used for so much other stuff. I did spend a little over a $1,000 just to have a nice computer when Oblivion came out. Random purchases/upgrades before and after that probably add up to at least another $1,500.

Then I've had many different consoles, but usually only a few years after they are out. I did buy a Wii bundle for around $500 when it was fairly new and just bought a PS3 in the summer for $350. I think I paid $30 for my PS1 which I still have. Then at some point I had a GameCube which I don't remember exactly what buying and selling price was but I remember losing about $50, same with an x-box I lost about $50, and then I still have my Sega Nomad which cost around $30. Probably spent around $100 on PS1 games, $100 on GC, don't think I ever got another regular x-box game other than KotoR which I got it with, about $100 on PS3 games, about $300 on PC games and around $200 on random peripherals for all the systems.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hard to say. Maybe about €1500 or so. I haven't spent very much on games for the last few years because most new games suck. Everyone plays either FPS or MMORPG games, and these are the two genres which are just all the same. Some old FPS games (DOOM!!!) are great though and the two MMORPG's I play are RS and KoL (Kingdom of Loathing). All other free MMORPG's are copies of each other and non-free ones cost too much. FPS games would be nothing without fancy graphics. And I can't understand why killing is so fun.

When I buy games, I usually search for old gems which are really cheap but still full of awesomeness. The last game I bought was Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past for GBA.

When it comes to newer games (like those published in last three years), most of them are so easy that I can complete them in under ten hours. A good game should last at least 20 hours, but really good games must have at least 40-50, which is for some reason impossible for today's game designers. Twenty years ago that was possible even with just 1 MB of available space (FF4 for example). If someone can create a game with 50+ hours of playtime for PC or DS, I'm buying that no matter which game it is.

For now, I'm playing mostly free games of which there's a plenty even for Linux. NetHack owns even though it's from the 80s. Same for Dwarf Fortress even though it's not from the 80s. And the game developers make them for free.

Hmm....360, PS3, Wii, PS2, XBOX, GBA, Mega Drive in consoles, so over £600 at least.

Probably over £300 on games lol. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Not a whole lot.. I bought my 360 console, paid $20ish for a cod4 key, $35 on tales of money island, $10 on dungeon keeper 2, $30ish on css. Maybe $15 on rs p2p. That's about it, the rest was either pirated or bought by my brother.

I've only spent around $300. My dad probably spent over $5000. We had just about every popular console at one point in time, each with a fair sum of games. I also took into account when my dad payed for my RS membership and my brother's WoW.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my Wii the day it came out, that's 250$ right there, 130$ on rock band 2, I also bought a DS (regular when it came out for 130$, at least 100$ in Runescape Membership... so an estimate of that stuff is just 610. Adding on about 600$ worth of other games would be around 1,200$! OH MY GOD I PLAY VIDEO GAMES TOO MUCH D:

I need to see a psychologist D:

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

Well over 20 thousand. Starting back in primary school I spent most of my $100 a week pocket money on games. That figure just incresed as I got older.

:blink:

Exactly what I thought. That's crazy. Back in the day, all I got was $2 a week. That was around 10 years ago, at that.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Well over 20 thousand. Starting back in primary school I spent most of my $100 a week pocket money on games. That figure just incresed as I got older.

:blink:

Exactly what I thought. That's crazy. Back in the day, all I got was $2 a week. That was around 10 years ago, at that.

This was more like 17 years ago. Starting from when I was 4ish I used to spend 4 or 5 hours 6 days a week helping on the farm. Naturally when I was younger it was basic tasks and once I got turned about 12 I was on a full farm hands wage, so about 800 a week.

SoLawny.png