11-Jan-2010 - Nomad�s Requiem

metoo1000

With your stats, you're DEFINATELY doing something wrong. Post a picture of your set-up and maybe we can help you. :wink:

I've used several different setups. Mostly consisting of black dhide top and bottoms, dragon boots, neitiz helm, fury ammy, barrows boots, bandos gs for spec and zammy spear for fighting. Inventory and pack yak full of rocktails or sarabrews/restore pots.

It is luck based - my stats are similar to your & I was struggling to finish him off.

However, I managed to Spec 53 with BGS & that made it so much easier. Zammy Spear actually hit fairly often after that.

I also went a bit overboard on bolts & used Dragonstone (e) that I had sitting in bank from PVP rewards - managed to get a few specs from these (40+ hits) & it helped.

I also hit behind pillar so avoided the 75 attack.

My Invent + Yak

4 Dose Super Str & Att pots

2 x 4 Dose Pray Pots

Rune X Bow

50 Dragonstone (e) bolts

10 sharks

Rest of Invent & Yak full of Rocktails.

Armour & Weapons exactly the same as you.

the_lad_1.png

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your stats, you're DEFINATELY doing something wrong. Post a picture of your set-up and maybe we can help you. :wink:

I've used several different setups. Mostly consisting of black dhide top and bottoms, dragon boots, neitiz helm, fury ammy, barrows boots, bandos gs for spec and zammy spear for fighting. Inventory and pack yak full of rocktails or sarabrews/restore pots.

Have you tried ruby bolts, then switching to some melee armour and a whip for when he goes berserk? . I took 7 super restores and 17 sara brews, d plate and legs, whip and moss titan in invent and had however many sharks a war tortoise can hold and did just fine.

Edit - and I hid behind the pillars whenever he was going to launch the 75 hit, I didn't try to tank those hits.

For me, Ruby Bolts fail because they rarely ever hit, so I used Onyx Bolts.

Try using this set-up:

Inventory

1 Sup.atk mix (2) - Drink dose before fighting Nomad. Drink second dose around 50% special bar.

1 Sup.str mix (2) - Drink dose before fighting Nomad. Drink second dose around 50% special bar.

1 Sup.def mix (2) - Drink dose before fighting Nomad. Drink second dose around 50% special bar.

1 Prayer Potion (4)

4 Phoenix Necklaces - Slap one on whenever he is about to unleash the freeze attack. Can use vs 75 dmg too.

Rune Crossbow

Unicorn Stallion - Summon when Pack Yak is emptied

Healing Aura Scrolls

Rocktails

Equipment

Helm of Neitiznot

Fury Amulet

Black D'hide Body

Black D'hide Chaps

Dragon Boots

Skillcape/Firecape

Any useful offensive ring

Barrows Gloves

Bandos Godsword or Whip/Defender/DDS

Onyx Bolts(e)

Familiar

Rocktails

Strategy

-Raise Hitpoints and Prayer above maximum at Oo'Glog spas.

-Drink a dose of Ranging Potion at Soul Wars chest and deposit it.

-Drink super set before you attack Nomad.

-Slap on Phoenix Necklace when he does freeze attack and/or 75 damage attack. Unless you know how to dodge the 75 damage attack. Personally, I tanked it.

-Range him during freeze attack with Eagle Eye

-Just let auto retaliate find Nomad when he clones

Took quite a few attempts, but it really is luck-based. When the nomad started melee'ing, I didn't get hit that often, thank God.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this (probably, what with there being 43 pages and all), but when there are four nomads, instead of hitting the last one to attack, just run behind the pillar like you do when he's going to hit the 75. He doesn't heal, and it gives you about thirty seconds to get whatever you need from your familiar, pot up and drop empty vials. Helps a lot.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

It's not luck based. You can't lose if you have a yak and do everything right, because you have space for such a sheer amount of food. I did it with sharks + 8 brews and still had some brews leftover at the end, imagine all brews in yak/inv. And I wouldn't even claim I'm good at combat/timing brew doses etc.

2dvjurb.png

It's not luck based. You can't lose if you have a yak and do everything right, because you have space for such a sheer amount of food. I did it with sharks + 8 brews and still had some brews leftover at the end, imagine all brews in yak/inv. And I wouldn't even claim I'm good at combat/timing brew doses etc.

If you don't have a Yak and run out of Super restores before he's killed, then it is luck based.

priest_wiz.png

If you don't have a Yak and run out of Super restores before he's killed, then it is luck based.

What? It means that you didn't get your brew/restore ratio right. Again, nothing to do with luck. That's bad planning.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Not sure why people are saying this doesn't deserve to be a grandmaster quest. Sure the puzzles weren't very hard, but this certainly is the hardest boss in quests. Far harder than the Balance Elemental. Plus, the Piety room was a little hard to figure out. This certainly isn't a Master Level quest. So it has to be Grandmaster.

goblin512.png

something that I think is worth mentioning:

Jagex said that they were working on a "Grandmaster Quest line" where every quest from start to finish would be grandmaster level

In addition each grandmaster quest would not be as fleshed out as WGS

It definitely looks like Nomad's requiem is going to have sequels, but it might not necessarily be the grandmaster quest line that jagex spoke of.

Either way this might be the reason for the lack of "grandmaster plot"

Perhaps it's just meant as an introduction

Naaxi.png

Jagex said that they were working on a "Grandmaster Quest line" where every quest from start to finish would be grandmaster level

It definitely looks like Nomad's requiem is going to have sequels, but it might not necessarily be the grandmaster quest line that jagex spoke of.

Where did they say that? :o

[hide]

What? It means that you didn't get your brew/restore ratio right. Again, nothing to do with luck. That's bad planning.

I would agree with you, especially about the bad planning part, but it was luck that I beat him at that time.

[/hide]

I didn't mean that it was entirely based on luck, just that it plays a factor. Obviously, you have to get the correct amount of potions and manage to hide, etc. at the right times.

But it is partly due to luck. The last two tries, I used the exact same amount of potions, same strategy... but I did less specials with my ruby bolts (e), and when the Nomad started using melee, I got hit quite a lot more.

Also, that quest thing sounds really interesting. o_O

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

[spoiler=hide]

it was in one of the fan site interviews (not tip.it's)

I've been tried digging them up a month ago but didnt have much luck

they had alot of future update info in there

We need more epic Tip.it ninjaspies.

well i found the Zybez interview

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1298153-runescape-contents-answers/

it isnt the one that mentions the grandmaster questline though T_T

It does have a quote from Mod Mark saying that people who are used to buying their higher level equipment are probably going to get frustrated by future high lvl content updates though, hehe

EDIT: I FOUND OUT

the rune village interview with mod mark

http://www.runevillage.com/ThePub/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=428901

[ Mod Mark]We just started a new storyline with “Tales of the Muspah” and will be resurrecting the old dwarf quests. I’m also working on a new storyline specifically for grand master quests.

Naaxi.png

[spoiler=hide]

it was in one of the fan site interviews (not tip.it's)

I've been tried digging them up a month ago but didnt have much luck

they had alot of future update info in there

We need more epic Tip.it ninjaspies.

well i found the Zybez interview

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1298153-runescape-contents-answers/

it isnt the one that mentions the grandmaster questline though T_T

It does have a quote from Mod Mark saying that people who are used to buying their higher level equipment are probably going to get frustrated by future high lvl content updates though, hehe

EDIT: I FOUND OUT

the rune village interview with mod mark

http://www.runevillage.com/ThePub/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=428901

[ Mod Mark]We just started a new storyline with Tales of the Muspah and will be resurrecting the old dwarf quests. Im also working on a new storyline specifically for grand master quests.

An epic Tip.it ninjaspy is you. You recieve a cookie.

But I think that Nomad doesn't deserve his own storyline. He hosted a lousy minigame anyways.

priest_wiz.png

At 125 combat with hand cannon, sgs, and war tort, I finally managed to beat nomad on my 4th attempt. It was a very close battle: at the end I was under half hp with no food left. The only reason I won was thanks to my sgs, which healed me a good 60hp during the fight (4 specs total). I used 2 specs in the middle of the fight, and the last 2 came in the final stage when he used his berserk melee thing. So yeah, I consider SGS to be the best godsword for Nomad. Some may argue bgs is superior, but to be honest I think getting an extra free brew is more important than getting some defense reduction on him (I reduced his stats anyway with leech spells).

A rundown of my attempts:

Try 1: I wasn't good with the whole brew-restore concept so I was using food way too fast and stupidly, and when I was low at one point I couldn't click fast enough and died

Try 2: I got good with the brew-restore concept, so I attempted to push my luck and do what other people said by running from his 75 hit. But I made a stupid mistake and ran too late. I landed on a mine, it blew up, and at the same time his 75 hit me and I got instant-combo'd. From then on I

Try 3: I was doing well until my hand cannon blew up >.>

Try 4: My successful attempt.

Do I consider Nomad easy? That's tough, but in one sense, yes he was (no I'm not about to insult everyone who struggled with him, I know his difficulty and luck played a big part in me not dying). The beautiful part about the fight is how predictable he is. It's not like Jad or Corp or other bosses where you don't know what attack he's going to use next and any mistake could be your last. For nomad, his special attacks run in a cycle, and his normal attacks aren't really lethal unless you get caught behind in the brewing. His 1-below-max-hit attack takes a long time to charge and he takes a long break afterward, so you should have no trouble healing up before and after the attack without dying. So really its not a matter of surviving devastating hits, its a matter of whether you run out of food before he runs out of hp. That actually requires some luck, and I can totally see why people have struggled.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

finally beat nomad after 2.5m and 9 tries. the battle was a lot harder than i expected, mainly for the fact that i kept thinking my max hp was 95 instead of 96, needless to say i got killed 3 times because of that alone. I actually found the final part of the fight the easiest, just prayer melee and brewed when necessary.

Y_Z.png

i found the nomad fight extremely disappointing. at 138 combat he's very easy, i killed him on my first try with 5+ brews left. I'm hoping eventually they make some quest fight difficult for all players regardless of combat level.

i found the nomad fight extremely disappointing. at 138 combat he's very easy, i killed him on my first try with 5+ brews left. I'm hoping eventually they make some quest fight difficult for all players regardless of combat level.

sounds like you want an evil chicken sort of boss. the difficulty being based on the players own skills.

Y_Z.png

Something like random events were before, interesting idea.

I got it on my first try with a yak full of brews, sgs specs, soul split, and leeches, and iron titan/titan specs after the cow was cashed out. I don't see how people are doing this "easily" since I used every single brew and finished with 80ish hp. Suppose I did not die to get a good idea of his average hits though...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I've been going back and forth between lucky runs and unlucky runs. Very easy to tell them apart. On an unlucky run he'll hit constant 30s on me each turn and never stop hitting. On a lucky run i'll spec a few times at the start and he'll rarely hit 20s on me while most hits will be 10-15. Still haven't been lucky enough. Closest was getting him to half the hp he goes berserk at. So I figure the rest is just training because I have bad luck and i'll have to force my way through the fight. So range grinding at PC until 85-90. Why PC? Why not. I get the experience per game, and then a free 30k every 25 won games.

Quite frankly, I struggled a LOT at Nomad. 21, yes 21 attempts to seize victory. It wasn't a matter of not knowing what to do, it was a matter of him hitting hard constantly.

This quest deserves Grandmaster. end of story.

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png