The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I'm just wondering, what is considered good melee XP/h for F2P at 99 Attack/Strength and range XP/h at 99 Ranged? I'm trying to experiment with different methods/gear in F2p, but I have no idea what the XP rates are like so have don't know if my findings are worth anything or not. :P

10xy5fk.png

Flesh Crawlers: 33K xp (level 95), Maple Shortbow, Full d'de, bronze arrows, rune full helm

Moss Giants: 34K xp (level 99), Maple Shortbow, full d'hide, rune full helm, steel arrows

Ice Giants: 38.2K xp (level 99), 2025 prayer xp, Maple Shortbow, Full d'hide, coif, adamant arrows

Lesser Demon: 33K xp (level 99), 1.6K Prayer xp (urns), Maple Shortbow, Iron Arrow, full d'hide, rune full helm

Haven't tried out gravite shortbow on NPCs yet ;)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Is it better to, say on floor 30 to just rush through rooms apart from guardian or to do clear all rooms apart from de?

It is always better to clear guardian-only and emotes room at the bare minimum. Only kill tier 1 monsters in non-gd's, and ONLY kill other monsters when there is downtime, like when the dungeon becomes 1-wayed and you're waiting on the puzzle to be completed (can be applied to magical construct the most, but the door might be a gd anyway).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just for fun I've decided to rank all the dg bosses in terms of speed, from fastest to slowest: (this is 2cb3sk'ing obv, assumes one of the cb has ranged)

Rammernaut

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter

Unholy Cursebearer

Icy Bones

To'Kash the Bloodchiller

Gluttonous Behemoth

Lexicus Runewright

Astea Frostweb

Hobgoblin Geomancer

Luminescent Icefiend

Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan

Sagittare

Night-gazer Khighorahk

Bulwark Beast

Bal'lak the Pummeller

Stomp

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz

Skeletal Horde

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Very accurate list in my opinion, Sonic, although I would think that cursebearer is faster than Har'Lakk and the Rammer, considering that he is often level 53 and can be killed in mearly moments. The Rammer can also have off floors and take quite a while to kill, whereas the Cursebearer is consistently fast.

Cursebearer is often level 71 for me, and level 92 in larges, which is why I put him a bit lower than Rammer and Har'Lakk (who are consistently at their lowest level forms). Also, Curse can lower your stats quite significantly as well as dealing consistent damage throughout.

He's easy and fast, of course, just not the fastest or the easiest.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Mostly agree.

Cursebearer is easiest.

Ballak, stomp aren't really that tough. I assume you know about the stomp glitch?

Lumi should be lower and astea can be frustrating if you didn't manage to score any arrows.

Nightgazer is a breeze as well.

I have recently started back playing RuneScape and since I quit the game has changed a ton. I quit sometime in 2006. I am planning to stay completely F2P and my ultimate goal is to max out my account in all F2P skills. Anyway, my goals aren't important. My questions is what is the best method for making money now? I mean thinks have changed so so much since I quit I'm completely dumbfounded when it comes to making money, honestly. I'm guessing there's something I'm not seeing maybe? Anyway, any help is greatly appreciated.

Vit0c0rleone.png

If you use the search feature, there's a lot of money making methods available. Merchanting is the fastest if you have the time to learn it :thumbsup:

Notfub.png

Gratz Sonic on 70+ (I still remember when I got 70+ and prayer was last as well)! Here's my list (incorporates ranged, 5:4 and blasting bulwark on 12-17):

Unholy Cursebearer

Rammernaut

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter

Icy Bones

To'Kash the Bloodchiller

Astea Frostweb

Gluttonous Behemoth

Hobgoblin Geomancer

Bulwark Beast

Lexicus Runewright

Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz

Luminescent Icefiend

Sagittare

Night-gazer Khighorahk

Bal'lak the Pummeller

Stomp

Skeletal Horde

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Congrats Sonic! :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just a heads-up: I may or may not be getting 99 dungeoneering tomorrow. If I do I will probably host an on-the-spot party for 99 dungoeneering tomorrow evening. If not I guess it will be the day after that.

I won't be stopping till I reach 100 though. That's what I call pro :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog