The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

Yeah that small, me and Uberchaos had a fairly fast dungeon. Our Rammernaut had a hole to poke through (as what he comments :P ), but the odd thing is that small had a +1% level mod. Normally I thought dungeons with a fairly high level mod equates to being rather slow :blink:

I wonder what's the efficiency of smalling 30-35 instead of larging them. I'm thinking since I average much better with smalls than larges (my best large was 12min 22k no death with 1 Nr), it would make sense that full runs should be 1-35 small instead of larging abandoned 2's.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

No, your thinking has a small flaw in it.

You will definitely have better xp/hr doing smalls on floors 30-35 than large on those floors. But you have to consider your whole run. On frozens you are doing 3/4mins per floor for 5k xp only. Doing 30k large floors for 120 k xp/hr will boost your average more than a 10k floor for 160 xp/hr will.

You also have to consider that sometimes it's not always about xp/hr. I would rather do a run lasting 4 hours for 90k/hr than a run lasting 2.5 hours for 100k/hr. It's not like I would have spent that 1 hour doing more dungeoneering.

Never mind the last post - We just blew the last record out of the water. 163kph F35 for 46.1k, bumping our full run up to a staggering 105kph (Mining Eggs got 111kph).

[hide]163kphlarge.png[/hide]

jOi7G.png

~PM me and I'll do my best to make you a signature!~

Howdy folks,

My first 99 was constitution. I didn't realize I was even close. Revved up in dungeon after dungeon, and then there it was. My next 3 happened July 8th. I had been talking about trying to pull it off for years, and when my strength got pretty close, I committed to matching my attack and defense. Got all 3 levels with a single thrust, threw a party and taped it all. If you are interested in seeing it, the link is

I hope you all enjoy being F2P as much as I do.

Gafe :thumbsup:

DG Family's weeklong skill competition has officially started! :thumbsup: The contenders and their xp gained can be found here.

I don't know if I could win this tbh... I mean it's the first day and already 1st has a 600k lead on me :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

If you want to know what I do during Dungeoneering, check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Nuffbutmage

I have recorded a full run and will post the videos very soon

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

i work a little during summer but university offficially starts in september, then i will be restricted to play very little, february maybe :D? i aim to get 70m xp by the end of august

F2p's fastest leveling person :), check out my blog:

My Goal-thread to max F2P within a year and a half :P.

Nuffbutmage.png

Im just curious how you guys make money on ftp.

i have a noob ftp account and i can't seem to find a

place without a million bots to make a lil bit of money

or even get an okay amount of experience

A good way to avoid the bots is use foreign language worlds. As long as you're just doing one thing like mining that only requires seeing the items and not actually reading the language, you're fine.

Also, here's a link to a guide I'm working on (very slowly). There's plenty of money making ideas in there. https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqAjqwBrJ8opdGRIWlh6SXRKclB3bEcwZFNyQTVMTkE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

As a side note, if anyone wants to help me with verifying the numbers, send me a PM and I'll send details.

Oh by the way if you meet a random like mimes or certers it pretty much means world hop to English.

But most randoms are fine.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Oh by the way if you meet a random like mimes or certers it pretty much means world hop to English.

Add the dragon classroom and the sandwitch lady to the list. I tried to do them in german and it did not end well at all.

Speaking of randoms, anyone else been experiencing an epidemic of randoms lately? A day after the 'Fighting the bots' update came out i got 5 random events in less than 3 hours. :huh:

On a happier note, got free 2.5k prayer exp from the exp lamps. :-D

Add the dragon classroom and the sandwitch lady to the list. I tried to do them in german and it did not end well at all.

Speaking of randoms, anyone else been experiencing an epidemic of randoms lately? A day after the 'Fighting the bots' update came out i got 5 random events in less than 3 hours. :huh:

On a happier note, got free 2.5k prayer exp from the exp lamps. :-D

Sandwich lady isn't a problem at all as there's an option to show you what food has which name.

And the randoms aren't more common. Maybe you did a random-heavy activity.

[404] Signature not found.

Sandwich lady isn't a problem at all as there's an option to show you what food has which name.

Huh. Never knew that little tidbit about the sandwich lady. Thanks for the tip.

And I was cooking tunas when the randoms started coming. Guess they're more prone to coming in monotonous activities, eh?

Huh. Never knew that little tidbit about the sandwich lady. Thanks for the tip.

And I was cooking tunas when the randoms started coming. Guess they're more prone to coming in monotonous activities, eh?

It depends on the skill you train and your total level and maybe some other things.

[404] Signature not found.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new (few months) and was wondering if there is a friend or clan chat associated with this thread? I have a lot of questions and you guys seem like you would be able to help. Or is this thread the best place to ask?

Randoms are a function of xp gained.

If you do slow skill like runecrafting at 7k/hr you can go an entire day without a random.

If you do a fast skill like cooking at 120k/hr, you can get a random every hour and a half.

Randoms are a function of xp gained.

If you do slow skill like runecrafting at 7k/hr you can go an entire day without a random.

If you do a fast skill like cooking at 120k/hr, you can get a random every hour and a half.

Pretty much this. When getting 99 smithing I would get a random event every 438.5k exp. When alching, I think I got a random every ~230k exp. It was pretty funny saying 'oh look, here comes a random' 5 seconds before it showed up. Always confused people.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new (few months) and was wondering if there is a friend or clan chat associated with this thread? I have a lot of questions and you guys seem like you would be able to help. Or is this thread the best place to ask?

If you are F2P, you may want to consider either "Pure F2ps" or "Ttfs Cc", or the clan chat "tfs", which is opened to guests.

The first chat (Pure F2ps) was a clan chat created by Isthatok, the current owner and updater of the Top 250 F2p List. You will find many of the top F2pers in that chat (signified with a general rank) that will most definately be willing to answer your questions. The last two chats, are the friends chat and clan chat of TFS, which is a Free to play skilling clan. Most people are very friendly in these chats and would love to help you.

Welcome to the Tip.it forums by the way. ;)

If you are F2P, you may want to consider either "Pure F2ps" or "Ttfs Cc", or the clan chat "tfs", which is opened to guests.

The first chat (Pure F2ps) was a clan chat created by Isthatok, the current owner and updater of the Top 250 F2p List. You will find many of the top F2pers in that chat (signified with a general rank) that will most definately be willing to answer your questions. The last two chats, are the friends chat and clan chat of TFS, which is a Free to play skilling clan. Most people are very friendly in these chats and would love to help you.

Welcome to the Tip.it forums by the way. ;)

Thanks, I'll try to hop around between those chats so I don't annoy one with all my questions :)